Forum › Posts by Yuki Kitsune

Yuki Kitsune
Liberta discussion 16 Feb 12:36
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

In my head canon, Liberta is written by Inko-sensei.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Wanko's concern appears to be FOR Kita-kun becoming the TARGET of transphobia.

If that were the case, why does she say "things could turn violent if YOU let your guard down", and more significantly why does she look reflexively enraged when Kita shows up? If her primary motivator was concern FOR Kita, she wouldn't have that rage face...

"Let your guard down" as in giving her old clothes to Kita without considering the consequences. Elly seems to regard it as no big deal (a very pleasant, refreshing attitude, to be sure), while Wanko understands that there are dangers for Kita, especially if Elly is incautious and handles things too openly.

Granted, the rage face is a bit extreme. But the way Ikeda Takashi uses her wild mood swings and exaggerated facial expressions for comedic affect, I'm not sure how much I'd be willing to read into that.

last edited at Feb 14, 2022 3:51PM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Elly is being naïve and Wanko is being realistic, but not in the way most seem to be interpreting things!

Goggled Anon posted:

Yuki Kitsune posted:

Wow, people here had a completely different read on Wanko's violence comment than I did. Her "think about what would happen if he wore that" line made me think more in terms of violence directed toward Kita from his friends or family, a very serious and real consideration.

That is a very solid take.
For clarification, the original JP dialogue here is "油断してるとふりかかる暴力の話をしてるのっ"

Wanko's concern appears to be FOR Kita-kun becoming the TARGET of transphobia.

I rarely get upset at the forums, but I feel like I'm seeing only the worst possible interpretation for that exchange, and it's quite saddening. Yes, Wanko is a little bundle of jealousy and insecurity at times, but I see her as being genuinely concerned for Kita-kun's well-being in this chapter.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Toshinou posted:

Hi, I'm having an issue with my "To Read" list for some weeks now, probably that's the same bug described by majorawake a few posts ago.
The number of chapters it's always two more than the actual chapters in the list, even with an empty list the counter still marks 2.
I tried to fix it adding and removing the chapters I had in the list when the bug started, but with no luck.

Hmm... I wonder if you could have chapters previously added to your list that have since been removed from the site?

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Wow, people here had a completely different read on Wanko's violence comment than I did. Her "think about what would happen if he wore that" line made me think more in terms of violence directed toward Kita from his friends or family, a very serious and real consideration.

blazedancer posted:

I feel like I lost the thread of chapter 101 with regards to sakuma's family situation. Could somebody clarify?

Here's what I got from it: The gentleman was Sakuma Elly's grandfather. Sakuma's mother apparently went off, got pregnant, then pretty much abandoned her right after birth, so Sakuma was raised by her grandparents. Hence the gentleman's comment that he would kick out his own daughter (Elly's mom) if she showed up. Her grandmother has since passed, and the other person (I don't think we have a name) is not related by blood; her connection to the family seems a bit odd.

last edited at Feb 14, 2022 10:22AM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Heavensrun posted :

So they all love her in parts: the way she feels to the touch, the way she smells, the way she sounds.... All very superficial.

All attraction at the first meeting is superficial. You can't have deep feelings for somebody you just met. The initial attraction is just what draws you to the person, then you go through the work of finding out if you're compatible.

My thought process was more going back to the title of the work and her question at the end of the most recent chapter: "Which one is love?" It makes me think that the overall plot might be her growth as she comes to understand the difference between attraction, infatuation, and love. (Assuming that it doesn't go full poly: "Between the five of them, they love me for who I am!") Come to think of if, five = one for each of the five senses....

And now I'm thinking about the cover page. Going clockwise from top left: big bear ears for hearing, holding hands for touching, tongue out for tasting, dressed up and looking at phone for vision, and elephant pillow (prominent nose?) for smell. The last one might be a stretch, I suppose.

Edit: I guess that was largely already pointed out back in October. I'm just slow.

last edited at Feb 5, 2022 3:41PM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

So they all love her in parts: the way she feels to the touch, the way she smells, the way she sounds.... All very superficial.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

oneshot where girl’s friend gets a makeover, turns out to be gorgeous, entered into a beauty contest, wins but is sad, mc girl realizes her feelings and swoops her outta there

My Duckling?

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

When the apocalypse comes, I'll be ready. I took trig and calc, after all. (Unless it's a zombie apocalypse. Knew I shouldn't have fallen asleep in Mr. Gosset's flamethrower class.)

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Once in a while, I have this weird realization of how big the Dynasty community actually is. It feels like there's just a few dozen people who regularly comment, to the point that unfamiliar user names jump out. But then I look at the list of Most Popular on the landing page, where some have over 20K views, and it makes me realize how many "silent" users there must be on this site. Makes me wonder what the ratio is for lurkers to active community participants.

Personally, I value the people I interact with on here. Don't always agree, but that's what makes it feel like a family.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Yeah, the directories being split into pages does make things awkward to browse, namely because it's pot luck as far as to which page the entry you want is on. If there's a way to add buttons to skip to specific letter groups, that might make things a bit more user friendly. That, and the way the lists are ordered alphabetically (ie. ⬇↗⬇↗⬇↗) is a little disorienting imo.

While I appreciate the efforts and needs, I have to agree with this. I'd rather have a link for each letter than have 85 pages where it's not even possible to tell which page we want, much less any way to navigate there directly.

For the "Authors" directory, I'm sure many of them are only associated with the Image gallery and don't have actual stories on the site. It might be worth splitting the list into Authors and Artists (although some would end up in both lists). I also clicked on a couple that didn't have any site content associated; not sure what to make of those.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

First One-sided Love now this? We need more from this author!

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Aaaaaawkward

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

ZoeyT posted:
"What are your intentions regarding my daughter? Are you going to hook up? Because I wouldn't be opposed to that, you see."

Imouto be like

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

/clicks on discussion with trepidation.
/sees OrangePekoe's post at the top.
/thinks "Yup, this is the community that we know and love!"

Nya-chan posted:
Looks like a standard josei thingy, much like sweet boy.

Nothing to write home about imo, but to each their own.

Agreed (on this one--I like Sweet Days with a Boy). The setup, at least, feels pretty derivative. Like, it's fun, but it's nothing I haven't seen before. And maybe that's just the result of being a manga/anime consumer for over 40 years.

I'll need to give a few chapters to see where it goes.

last edited at Jan 10, 2022 10:29AM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Look under the profile pic. Under yours it says "2 lists" because your Read and Favorites lists are public. Under mine it says "3 lists". Only thing is that you have to be logged in to view them.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Doesn't the Japanese name for the game Tag have the word "oni" in it? I feel like there's some lost double meaning there. (Not that Nagori Yu is especially subtle.)

last edited at Jan 4, 2022 6:41PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

runrin posted:

[snip]
kinda reminds me of adachi in that way.

I keep having to remind myself which events happened in which series...but only when reading this one. Never have that problem reading Adachi and Shimamura for some reason. And the clue that I'm getting them mixed is usually when I realize, "But Koguma's not that assertive..."

Yuki Kitsune
Pink Ribbon discussion 03 Jan 14:09
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I had a tough time getting into this one because of the cutsiness of it, but there was clearly so much love for it in the comments that I left it in my "To Read" folder. The art style itself reminds me of a successful blend between manga and Disney aesthetics. But once I adjusted my expectations on that front, I really enjoyed it.

So a big Thank You to all who posted the positive comments that got me to read this one through to the end!

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

(Also note that, at least in the US, Subarus are the stereotypical lesbian car.)

In Colorado, owning a Subaru just makes you a local. Lots of jokes/memes about it.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Error in the "Also known as" for Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru: "A Tropical Fish Yearns For Sea" should be "...Yearns for Snow"
(Thanks to BeanBeanKingdom for pointing this out.)

last edited at Dec 28, 2021 11:40AM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Really, the greatest trick Tarou-sensei could pull right now would be not deceiving us: an actual kiss, because none of us really believe that it could actually be true right now. We've been conditioned to not take what Hino does and what we're shown at face value (just like Koguma), and the greatest payoff will eventually come through not fooling us.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world they did not kiss."

(Sorry, just had to.)

last edited at Dec 27, 2021 3:30PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I have to admit, I enjoyed this series when it started, but I've really lost my enthusiasm along the way. I probably have some attachment to Akihito because Blue Drop was what first introduced me to the term " yuri ", but this just feels gratuitously provocative at this point. He has things that I like, but there's also plenty that just doesn't appeal to me. And it wouldn't surprise me to find that the things I like don't appeal to those who like this or Sisterism or the like. Not a criticism; just different tastes.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

At this point, they could be in the midst of hot, ardent sex, and Koguma would still be thinking, "But does Hino really like me that way?" The only thing this series likes to do more than trolling Koguma is trolling the readers. I'll believe nothing until it's explicit.

last edited at Dec 27, 2021 1:57PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Anyone got a recommendation for a completed series around early 2010s or maybe older? Any genre is fine with me as long as you think it's good!

2010 or earlier, any genre? Well, then I'll have to recommend my favorite manga of all time:
https://mangadex.org/title/1a69d1cc-b060-4f35-8778-4621424fe5f4/yokohama-kaidashi-kikou