Forum › Posts by Kiena

joined May 20, 2013

Niko and Maki's first kiss tasted like Eli...

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

A dark skin color would've been fitting for Chocolate. Otherwise cute, though I don't like the mint taste either... Sorry, Mint.

Kiena
Enough discussion 12 Sep 16:43
joined May 20, 2013

It has a Drama tag.

A lot of stories which things work out in also have that tag, so avoiding everything tagged as Drama would mean missing out on those, e.g. Fall in Love, Shounen, or Tears of Pearl.

last edited at Sep 12, 2018 4:46PM

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

I'm not too happy to see (presumably) a man being the first (and maybe last) to try capitalizing on the success of Nakatani Nio's work and talent. (Not long after hearing about the latest outrage – mostly among women, of course – because of sexism in Japan.)

What are you talking about?

The spin-off:

https://twitter.com/bunko_dengeki/status/1037899792725073920

Sayaka is getting a spin-off novel written by Hitoma Iruma, author of Adachi to Shimamura. Nakatani will do some illustrations for it.

A manga about her from Nakatani Nio could be better. I have no information whatsoever about it, but it isn't clear if she didn't want to do it, or the spin-off of a very popular title was given to Iruma Hitoma who isn't exactly known for his yuri works and at least according to Wikipadia is a male.

The outrage I was referring to is the one that started after the manipulation of women's test scores came to light. It made people talk more about sexism in Japan, and I have to try very hard no to take whom the spin-off was given to as "this is a hit, it's a miracle a woman pulled it off, now let's give the spin-off to that guy at our company, it's a given he'll do a better job than a woman would." I hope it's just me being too negative, at least when it comes to half of that, but I don't have too high hopes for how good it'll be...

Kiena
Enough discussion 12 Sep 15:57
joined May 20, 2013

Tags like Het marriage, Friendzone, Disconnected feelings, and Not a yuri couple/No yuri relationship would be really useful. Spoiler or not.

last edited at Sep 12, 2018 3:58PM

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

I'm not too happy to see (presumably) a man being the first (and maybe last) to try capitalizing on the success of Nakatani Nio's work and talent. (Not long after hearing about the latest outrage – mostly among women, of course – because of sexism in Japan.)

last edited at Sep 7, 2018 3:55AM

joined May 20, 2013

Stretch

It reminds me of Stretch, too. It's very good, it's very ambiguous where it'll go, and there is a great chance there won't be a yuri ending. (Despite all the subtext, they so far don't seem to be thinking about having a girlfriend ever as a realistic option.) Loss and helping each other to move on also seems to be a common theme in both, so a very similar ending wouldn't be surprising. A yuri one would be nice, and not entirely unfitting in my opinion – once they both move on – but it'd require a lot of development from where they are. (The last chapter seemed to be burying that possibility even deeper.)

last edited at Sep 3, 2018 3:27PM

joined May 20, 2013

The end was surprisingly (a bit) dark...

joined May 20, 2013

Who is Marie's special someone?

i feel like if it wasn't mel , marie would have told Mel about it back then

I'd prefer not having another very nice and kind childhood friend in love been friendzoned... Even if chapter 3 and the top middle look may suggest that, without further evidence otherwise. -.-

(In the bottom right picture while saying that she may be thinking about someone else than who is lying right next to her. I hang on to that for now.)

last edited at Aug 29, 2018 2:19AM

joined May 20, 2013

Who is Marie's special someone? There isn't much indication of it being Mel or Stella. Maybe Fran?

last edited at Aug 28, 2018 4:01PM

Kiena
Citrus discussion 18 Aug 20:06
joined May 20, 2013

The script for most of the silent panels on pages 21-23 has been found! (Not completely sure of some of these translations)

That's golden. I wouldn't mind seeing an edited version.

Man of the Year MVP right there.

There was speculation about which man will be needed to set the solution in motion. Maybe the fiancé was one of the candidates, behind the dad somewhere, but I'm still utterly disappointed by the implications. If it was the teacher from the beginning of the manga, Yuzu would have been sent away... Two people need to work for a good relationship and that's clearly not what happened, not to mention it just had to be a guy because two girls can't solve any problem on their own, even with a whole group of friends. I get that he's supposed to be a good guy and their friend (although I find him creepy), but this made the whole rushed ending even worse in my eyes.

I don't know what to expect from the spin-off... It would have potential if it left most of Citrus' themes behind, focused more on the solution of everyday problems instead of the forced drama, on more interesting characters, and if maybe someone helped writing it. It seems the main characters remain these two, though. It could complement the story that just ended, finally giving Mei and Yuzu a (deeper?) personality, but after all these volumes it's hard for me to trust the author not to just create more artificial drama with poor (at best) execution. Even its strongest point, the art, suffered at times during these years, and I'd really prefer if Saburouta tried something else (yuri, of course).

joined May 20, 2013

I suggested NSFW because of page 43 but it was rejected. I guess there is no chance for anyone noticing that little detail. I thought about suggesting it after I saw why the first chapter had been tagged. Is there a formal definition for what is supposed to have that tag?

last edited at Aug 17, 2018 5:22PM

joined May 20, 2013

This seems impossible without detaching one of their legs or even more...

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

pg 44, "It's you usual" - your usual

pg 45, "reading you husband's" - your husband's

pg 55, "copulate with woman." - copulate with women

pg 62, "having child" - having children

pg 46, "Nanao" vs pg 53 & 57, "Nanami"

Other than that being confusing (and reminding me of YagaKimi), I agree with the other comments...

The way the guy was involved throughout the story (first the link to staying straight, then complete ignorance), the school orgy scene, and the indiscriminate fertilization made the story unpleasant. (The art is fairly standard for this kind of manga, as far as I know. Too bad any talent is wasted on stories – developing – like this. The other one isn't much better either.)

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

I just wish she'd end up with someone other than Touko. Won't be happening though.

Definitely it's Touko who needs to change (improve) more for their relationship to work. She has her issues and those brought them together in the first place. (Yuu wanted to help her.) Unless Touko refuses trying or fails for selfish reasons, I don't see why Yuu should leave her for someone else at this point.

Touko has a lot of good points, too. She's capable, responsible, and has cared for Yuu since the beginning. Her constant focus on her problems resulted in her treatment of others being clumsy to say the least, though she still did fairly well being a(n oblivious) friend to Sayaka and a(n oblivious) friend/lover to Yuu.

She didn't intentionally hurt Yuu with her request either. It was selfish, though given Yuu's disposition she might have thought it would be reassuring for them both that those conditions are enough to be fulfilled. Yuu needed to point out the things Touko had been blind to, but not for Touko's sake only, and I see no reason why Touko couldn't redeem her mistake and (unwitting) ignorance yet, because this chapter still points towards her loving Yuu wholeheartedly.

(The acting path beyond the play makes me a bit nervous, but that's not related to Touko as a person.)

Kiena
LilyHara! discussion 02 Aug 02:04
joined May 20, 2013

No one seems to mind that it's really sexual harassment... There is a reason why companies have policies against relationships between superiors and subordinates. Miyata clearly abused her power, to illustrate why that can be very wrong. Even if she wasn't, that wouldn't have been the place for starting anything. (If that isn't enough, just imagine if Kei had a girlfriend and would need to keep this job for both of them. Or Miyata being a guy. Would at some point Miyata have accepted refutal, and not only that, but without retaliation, not pursuing Nagao further, etc.? Even if Miyata did accept a rejection, her approach in the first place would have been inappropriate.)

This is just a story but it's better to be aware that something similar isn't the least bit nice in reality most of the time. (Miyata is just a role model as far as her achievements at work go. What she does to Nagao is very wrong.)

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

she didnt go after her ;(

Probably, but we won't know until the next chapter. If there won't be a skip, she may start running or catch up to Yuu later in it.

last edited at Jul 31, 2018 8:07AM

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

Page 28:

I'm afraid of being loved.
Because "I love you this way" means the same thing as "I won't love you anymore if you stop being this way," doesn't it?

Touko is afraid because of that, but does she think it applies to herself, too? That's what Yuu has been afraid of, and at the moment thinks to be the case.

Page 30:

Yuu... has changed...

By still loving Yuu, could Touko disprove the basis of her fear? I thought this at first, but it may not be so simple.

Certain changes no one is supposed to be fine with (e.g. their partner becoming violent), so in a certain sense that concern can never be completely dismissed.

These sentences also don't cover the expectations beyond staying the same, that Touko sounded to be afraid of before, and why she pushed herself. She may be more relaxed because she got over that part when she realized that people accept her as she is now. If so, then what is left is the fear of changing in a way that makes others stop accepting or loving her, or she stopping to love Yuu because of such a change?

Page 29:

I can't believe I'm afraid of Yuu...

Is it just Yuu? Touko has to trust both Yuu and herself that they'll be good to each other. It complicates this a bit that Touko just realized she might have hurt Yuu for some time (page 25), but it's necessary to face that, too, and to try avoiding it in the future by getting to know how the other feels.

I may still have left something out, but this chapter, that at first read might look fairly simple, has so much behind it thanks to all the earlier ones. I love this manga a lot.

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

It's really rare that drama makes me glad because it happened. After all the very well written and depicted tension under the surface, it felt necessary for Yuu and Touko to move forward, i.e. to realize, acknowledge, and have a chance at resolving the bind they got into. Otherwise what kind of future would their relationship have? (Yuu being the kind yet apathetic roommate/assistant/manager of Touko who also sleeps with her?)

There are two unusual continuations I though of so far:

• Touko pulling herself together, or putting her fear aside long enough to go after Yuu right away, probably to her house. She could be confronted by Yuu's sister, too, for making Yuu go home sad, maybe even crying. It wouldn't be something without precedent in manga, but still an uncommon thing that happens.
  • The running Yuu (or Touko?) getting into a traffic accident. If it was Yuu, it'd be an even bigger shock for Touko because of what happened to her sister. (If it was Touko, maybe it could help her start forgiving herself, and it would be a parallel to the play.)

Of course the most likely thing to happen is what most people seem to expect; Touko gathering some advice, and maybe a nice gift during the trip, before being able to approach Yuu properly. The situation being resolved sooner than the trip (and especially Yuu somehow going with Touko) is probably not possible. (They may go on a trip of their own, in the future, though.)

joined May 20, 2013

Freedom, liberty, self-governance, and independence, right? Then the nurse will just get away with what she did because what matters is that one of whom she raped (the 300th???) has never had an orgasm before, with her "lover." (Not to mention how pathetic Sakura is.)

This Comedy is very stupid for sure, but that's not an excuse for being absolutely horrible at the same time, and chapter 6 just went beyond any limits it might have had before. Certainly, it could yet get worse, though is that really what people want? If it still comes through as funny, then it shows just how warped this world is.

joined May 20, 2013

What exactly prevents them from seeing each other again?

That's probably just the extent of their relationship so far. Without the team they'd have no excuse to meet without going out of their way. Some kind of delicate balance not to be rejected as intrusive or annoying even without a confession. The older girl may not be at the school much anymore either, and the younger may not have her contact or home address. It turned out well, though, so it was a nice read.

joined May 20, 2013

The characters indeed face their feelings reasonably, which at the same time makes the story quite sad. (I thought I Could Just Tell will maybe cheer me up. Don't make that mistake.) It's nice her mom eventually came around. What makes me wonder though is how her mail address never caused problems with her girlfriend in the past. Or that was probably just one of the reasons why she got dumped. That relationship was doomed because she still can't move on. Doing that and making this relationship work with such a huge age gap in the future are both huge challenges in addition to everything else. I root for some nice ending that explores that future in some detail, either the two of them being together or apart.

last edited at Jun 9, 2018 8:10AM

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

T.T

joined May 20, 2013

Well, I've just read the raw of chapter 12 and the cousin is definitely abusing her, I'm not 100% sure it's sexual abuse since my Japanese isn't exactly great but it seems extremely likely.

It isn't clear from the text in chapter 12 either. Only that it's some form of abuse. Maybe just to force her to do better at school. I'll try hoping for that until something worse is proven... Maybe chapter 13 will finally give answers. Another 2 to 4 months, I guess.

Kiena
Image Comments 03 May 11:14
joined May 20, 2013
Daytjxxw4aacfss

The game comes out soon but there was no Diana in the trailer...