Forum › Posts by Kiena

Kiena
LilyHara! discussion 02 Aug 02:04
joined May 20, 2013

No one seems to mind that it's really sexual harassment... There is a reason why companies have policies against relationships between superiors and subordinates. Miyata clearly abused her power, to illustrate why that can be very wrong. Even if she wasn't, that wouldn't have been the place for starting anything. (If that isn't enough, just imagine if Kei had a girlfriend and would need to keep this job for both of them. Or Miyata being a guy. Would at some point Miyata have accepted refutal, and not only that, but without retaliation, not pursuing Nagao further, etc.? Even if Miyata did accept a rejection, her approach in the first place would have been inappropriate.)

This is just a story but it's better to be aware that something similar isn't the least bit nice in reality most of the time. (Miyata is just a role model as far as her achievements at work go. What she does to Nagao is very wrong.)

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

she didnt go after her ;(

Probably, but we won't know until the next chapter. If there won't be a skip, she may start running or catch up to Yuu later in it.

last edited at Jul 31, 2018 8:07AM

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

Page 28:

I'm afraid of being loved.
Because "I love you this way" means the same thing as "I won't love you anymore if you stop being this way," doesn't it?

Touko is afraid because of that, but does she think it applies to herself, too? That's what Yuu has been afraid of, and at the moment thinks to be the case.

Page 30:

Yuu... has changed...

By still loving Yuu, could Touko disprove the basis of her fear? I thought this at first, but it may not be so simple.

Certain changes no one is supposed to be fine with (e.g. their partner becoming violent), so in a certain sense that concern can never be completely dismissed.

These sentences also don't cover the expectations beyond staying the same, that Touko sounded to be afraid of before, and why she pushed herself. She may be more relaxed because she got over that part when she realized that people accept her as she is now. If so, then what is left is the fear of changing in a way that makes others stop accepting or loving her, or she stopping to love Yuu because of such a change?

Page 29:

I can't believe I'm afraid of Yuu...

Is it just Yuu? Touko has to trust both Yuu and herself that they'll be good to each other. It complicates this a bit that Touko just realized she might have hurt Yuu for some time (page 25), but it's necessary to face that, too, and to try avoiding it in the future by getting to know how the other feels.

I may still have left something out, but this chapter, that at first read might look fairly simple, has so much behind it thanks to all the earlier ones. I love this manga a lot.

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

It's really rare that drama makes me glad because it happened. After all the very well written and depicted tension under the surface, it felt necessary for Yuu and Touko to move forward, i.e. to realize, acknowledge, and have a chance at resolving the bind they got into. Otherwise what kind of future would their relationship have? (Yuu being the kind yet apathetic roommate/assistant/manager of Touko who also sleeps with her?)

There are two unusual continuations I though of so far:

• Touko pulling herself together, or putting her fear aside long enough to go after Yuu right away, probably to her house. She could be confronted by Yuu's sister, too, for making Yuu go home sad, maybe even crying. It wouldn't be something without precedent in manga, but still an uncommon thing that happens.
  • The running Yuu (or Touko?) getting into a traffic accident. If it was Yuu, it'd be an even bigger shock for Touko because of what happened to her sister. (If it was Touko, maybe it could help her start forgiving herself, and it would be a parallel to the play.)

Of course the most likely thing to happen is what most people seem to expect; Touko gathering some advice, and maybe a nice gift during the trip, before being able to approach Yuu properly. The situation being resolved sooner than the trip (and especially Yuu somehow going with Touko) is probably not possible. (They may go on a trip of their own, in the future, though.)

joined May 20, 2013

Freedom, liberty, self-governance, and independence, right? Then the nurse will just get away with what she did because what matters is that one of whom she raped (the 300th???) has never had an orgasm before, with her "lover." (Not to mention how pathetic Sakura is.)

This Comedy is very stupid for sure, but that's not an excuse for being absolutely horrible at the same time, and chapter 6 just went beyond any limits it might have had before. Certainly, it could yet get worse, though is that really what people want? If it still comes through as funny, then it shows just how warped this world is.

joined May 20, 2013

What exactly prevents them from seeing each other again?

That's probably just the extent of their relationship so far. Without the team they'd have no excuse to meet without going out of their way. Some kind of delicate balance not to be rejected as intrusive or annoying even without a confession. The older girl may not be at the school much anymore either, and the younger may not have her contact or home address. It turned out well, though, so it was a nice read.

joined May 20, 2013

The characters indeed face their feelings reasonably, which at the same time makes the story quite sad. (I thought I Could Just Tell will maybe cheer me up. Don't make that mistake.) It's nice her mom eventually came around. What makes me wonder though is how her mail address never caused problems with her girlfriend in the past. Or that was probably just one of the reasons why she got dumped. That relationship was doomed because she still can't move on. Doing that and making this relationship work with such a huge age gap in the future are both huge challenges in addition to everything else. I root for some nice ending that explores that future in some detail, either the two of them being together or apart.

last edited at Jun 9, 2018 8:10AM

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

T.T

joined May 20, 2013

Well, I've just read the raw of chapter 12 and the cousin is definitely abusing her, I'm not 100% sure it's sexual abuse since my Japanese isn't exactly great but it seems extremely likely.

It isn't clear from the text in chapter 12 either. Only that it's some form of abuse. Maybe just to force her to do better at school. I'll try hoping for that until something worse is proven... Maybe chapter 13 will finally give answers. Another 2 to 4 months, I guess.

Kiena
Image Comments 03 May 11:14
joined May 20, 2013
Daytjxxw4aacfss

The game comes out soon but there was no Diana in the trailer...

joined May 20, 2013

It's from Galette and has been in every issue, with 6 coming out soon.

Thank you. (After reading the answer I realized the magazine is there for each chapter just not for the whole title. -.-)

last edited at May 1, 2018 12:54PM

joined May 20, 2013

Which magazine/issues was this published in? By now there may be a tank out too, I guess. Are there raws or information about the story after chapter 3?

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

The play was great. We know it'll have a good ending, I just hope it won't be very vague and open. Something like Touko and Yuu agreeing to go out properly, leaving behind the old conditions and reasons, then cut, the end, everything left for the reader's imagination after that... There's definitely a lot to solve yet, particularly things that are going to surface as Touko's behavior changes. The anime may start airing too soon. I wish they'd tell if it'll go ahead of the manga or if it'll go up till like the aquarium date and will have some kind of forward-looking ending... Just let it be good quality, this manga really deserves it.

last edited at Apr 30, 2018 4:32PM

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that Madoka is doing that on purpose. I'm guessing she realized that Homura kept reacting to that particular phrase for some reason, and the reaction was strong enough that Madoka also realized she could exploit it to distract Homura... and probably get free hugs, if her "uehihihi" in the first instance is any indication.

Given that she mentioned Homura setting things up a certain way, I suspect she already has her memories back and is just playing along for the yuri.

Did Madoka mention something like that? I only remember Sayaka doing that.

Kiena
Image Comments 06 Mar 16:28
joined May 20, 2013
Ddken5xuiamcvfo

Isn't it a Valentine's scene? (The bag is full of gifts from others.)

last edited at Mar 6, 2018 5:14PM

Kiena
Citrus discussion 18 Feb 14:54
joined May 20, 2013

Did the trolls wake up?

if human societies didn't think this way then welcome to a world where people would be having sex in the streets with their parents and pets its like lol i leave it to your imagination..

Either trolling or wrong community...

This is end. Sorry man but we also cant belive. Mei leave Yuzu. Thats it. That's why this manga was called Citrus.

Misleading on purpose or being misinformed yourself? This wasn't the last chapter, please stop spreading something we have evidence against. Thank you.

Kiena
Citrus discussion 18 Feb 03:46
joined May 20, 2013

And read it now. Yep, it hurts, but I really can not say I am surprised. This is very Mei-like. I also do not think this is bad writing, since it has pretty clear internal consistency.

Fipse
"Inheriting the academy became something I wanted to do of my own will." That being said, as Klice stated, we already discussed at length what Mei's social position entails, but of all that we covered I would want to bring one possible explanation as to why the marriage.
Female heiresses inheriting the business in lack of male heirs is nothing unheard of in Japan, however, Mei is not just a woman, she is also very young. How many CEOs do you know who are just fresh out of high school? Her fiance is older, from a prestigious family himself, a second son (so he will not be bogged down by running that business), and has management experience. The grandfather specifically selected him because he has an unimposing, gentle character, and he would serve as practical help for Mei, while the union alone would put business partners, boards and parents of students at ease, since they would know a high schooler is not running the academy unchecked.

I know I might sound boring bringing this up again, but you really can not have a lesbian who is dating her step-sister openly as the charwoman of a prestigious girls' academy. For one, gay and Japan. Two, step-sibling relationships are viewed as actual incest by many people, and are generally not socially acceptable (even outside Japan, even if heterosexual). I mean, name me one prestigious school anywhere in the world, east or west, that is run by an openly gay person. Let alone a gay person who is in a relationship with their own same-sex step-sibling. It is stupid, and it is not something I am fond of, but such is the world at present.

Mei basically has three choices, choose family and duty over Yuzu (as she seemingly did here), choose Yuzu openly (in which case her dream of running the academy is finished), or try to compromise (somehow convince the boards, any potential investors, and the parents of students that someone as young as her is up to the task, break off the engagement and come clean to grandfather she does not wish to marry; then she would be able to be with Yuzu, provided they keep the relationship a secret from the general public).

+

I really liked this chapter. It finally allow us to understand Mei's actions.

Some reaction and analysis here make plenty of sense honestly. Enough for me to try reconsidering my opinion about the writing of the story and characters. It didn't change though, because:

• this letter only allows us to really understand Mei's latest action, doesn't explain her earlier actions properly,
  • the whole heiress vs step-incestuous lesbian relationship has been the elephant in the room for 36 chapters.

It states that Mei's only purpose in life bad been to inherit the academy, before that become her real wish. She doesn't mention why she started messing with Yuzu the way she did. It didn't fit the role she tried to fulfill and if that's how she confronts someone she doesn't get along with, it's seriously messed up.

"...I even ended up kissing you."

It was already stated many times that Mei is in fact a(nother) victim of the genre. That's fine, my point is just that this letter doesn't bring her any closer to being a person with integrity. It's supposed to be a matter of telling or showing but Citrus just doesn't do either. Maybe this chapter is an attempt to make a turn, to reveal growth or a well-hidden puzzle of emotional and rational thoughts, fitting together behind everything that happened. I'll be impressed if something like that gets revealed, but this is still very far from that and after all these chapters I don't have faith left in that it could happen.

Kiena
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 15:15
joined May 20, 2013

On a sidenote, how many episodes will the anime have in the end?

Kiena
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 15:07
joined May 20, 2013

Maybe Citrus is meant to be figurative spelling of sour. Short rant:

This oddly well-timed English release outlines what I wish would happen on Yuzu's end. This includes that I wish this note would have actual consequences, like a decision should. Probably neither will happen.

Long rant:

I'd also be interested in how Mei managed to erase her presence in Yuzu's live in school. The whole premise works against this chapter not being absurd execution-wise. For me this manages to be a new bottom even after the latest chapters in the quality of the story's writing. Maybe it has the intended effect on people still being invested in the characters, though I still wish there was a co-author or Saburouta worked only on the art.

I started watching the anime and was relieved to see that they managed to make the characters a bit more believable. I mostly mean Mei.

The story is quite obviously set up for them to end up together. That means this chapter is either a filler or intended as a punch on the emotional plane. Both would be equally selfish from the story/author. So I really wish it would be what will happen. Mei supposedly understood her options fully, then made a conscious, well-informed decision, then formulated a plan. She should work hard at being a great chairwoman, head of the family, a good wife of her husband, and an exemplary mother of their children. Yuzu should deal with her effectively unrequited love for Mei and that should end in either tragedy, pathetic angst/vegetation, staying alone, or finding someone, anyone else other than Mei. That person could be from Matsuri to even a guy, maybe even Mei's husband, but that story I'd expect earlier from other authors, e.g. Kodama Naoko, Kawanami Izumi, or even Takemiya Jin.

I'm curious whether this arc will be part of the anime. Did anyone measure the relative pace between episodes and chapters? They could just have a divergent ending, of course, like it often happens, or could leave it open and add an OVA with the remainder of the manga's story after it ends. As for the manga, another frightful thing that came to mind after thinking about the time skip is the possibility of a Strawberry Panic! ending.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 3:13PM

joined May 20, 2013

On page 65 shouldn't it say "She won the right not to hold hands during lunch?"

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

First I wanted to ask about what was up with the nurse in chapter 5. Then read it again... Back then, and even after the suicide was revealed, she sounded sarcastic. After this, she sounds genuinely glad for Mishio, with maybe too little faith in lesbian relationships for a moment (then she apologizes for that). Very nice turn as long as the writing goes, although at the cost of Rika-sensei's demise in the reader's eyes. I still wonder how sudden of an idea for Mishio that lie about the suicide was. Did she think Ena won't be able to find out the truth, or won't even dare bring it up with the nurse whose best friend she "was?" Good those things got kind of resolved already, now Ena can focus on helping Mishio move on completely from those awful memories. I'm glad she didn't manage to kill herself...

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

See, there's this thing called consent...

Knowing the truth it was very funny. (Besides the joy for someone saying what isn't said enough.)

Kiena
1 x ½ discussion 31 Jan 13:33
joined May 20, 2013

Seem too young if nothing else, but it'd a great twist if this Mori Akira was the person called Atsushi in the past. (The father who died.) This is just the idea the most out there that came to mind.

She being his little sister is what's probably the case, and she apparently loves the mother a lot. When did she last meet the daughter and what will she think of her now? Will she be a rival for one of them, or the solution in some way? Will the daughter get interested in her aunt? (In the next closest female relative not out of her target age range?) I wouldn't really expect the last part, but as any good cliff-hanger drop-in character, she's an enigma for now. I also don't mind waiting for the answers and will only be disappointed if she'll turn out be a real ex of the mother... Otherwise her never-smiling-goddess backstory may be an interesting one, too.

One more theory: Is she really the daughter of Atsushi (he and his family didn't know about her at his time of death)? Could she be the fruit of the mother's incestuous relationship? In that case it should be both her dad and granddad probably, so I better hope not.
Can't stop: She could be both her biological mother and aunt, too, if the father was still Atsushi, and Akira is his sister. Maybe an arrangement due to the mother's infertility? Or a (terrible?) secret hidden by the wife adopting their child? Did they kill him?

Is it possible that they're married? Maybe the reason she feels guilty is because she's been hiding a wife from her daughter, presenting her as an aunt or something.

Could be the wife of one of Atsushi's brothers (in Japan), even of one of his sisters (elsewhere), if he had any of either. Or the young wife of one his parents... to add another unusual idea. Seems quite independent so far and didn't mention anyone else on the phone, though. Still too much of an enigma.

last edited at Jan 31, 2018 1:52PM

Kiena
Image Comments 29 Jan 11:05
joined May 20, 2013
C1kezncviaajpdz-orig

The game (Extra) was great but Fate anime just keep disappointing me. Got it, not their target audience...

last edited at Jan 29, 2018 11:05AM

Kiena
Image Comments 27 Jan 06:41
joined May 20, 2013
Drurg6tv4aaphyi-orig

Only 12 episodes and it should have something of a conclusion because I doubt anyone hopes for a 2nd season. I'd expect it to be quite fast if they don't want to cut out too much. (I'm collecting the episodes until the end then I'll watch the whole at once.)

last edited at Jan 27, 2018 3:49PM