Forum › Posts by motojin

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

There's not really anything NSFW in this anymore, is there?

there never was

Sure there was. I remember them showing boobs early on.

NSFW is so rare in this title, it makes more sense to drop it overall and just tag the two or three chapters that do deserve it.

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

I think Kishi studied at the Rumiko Takahasi School of Glacial Relationship Growth.

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Chapter 167 I live for these Haruka/Kanae-chan moments. Kishi spends so much time on their expressions, making this a real character study.

As for the gag on the credits page, “ménage à trois” was just sitting there and they didn’t use it.

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

I loved this latest chapter. So warm and loving. Can’t wait for the final chapter.

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

It’s weird. I’m 46 chapters into this story and I feel like I don’t even know it yet. Every time I read a new chapter, I have to remind myself who the characters are and what the story is. Nothing about it is really memorable to me. And yet I keep reading it.

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Chapter 122 The Battle in the Library was not what I was expecting. I have so much more respect for Mask-chan. She won’t be manipulated, and if she doesn’t like Kaoru’s attention, she says so in no uncertain terms. I hope this causes Kaoru to reassess her approach to life.

motojin
Image Comments 15 Jul 22:21
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013
Cs5lrk8vaaamker

I love this series 3000.

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

“Hey, Ogino-sensei, we had an artist fail to deliver a 28-page story for our 18+ yuri anthology. You know that 20-page story about cute high school girls you’re almost done with? Can you flesh it out with a sex scene so we can print it in this magazine instead of the one it was scheduled to go in? You can? Great! Thanks!”

Or something like that.

last edited at Apr 4, 2018 9:32PM

motojin
Syrupy Love discussion 09 Jan 19:45
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

I like what I've seen so far. Looking forward to see where this goes.

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

I thought as much, but I wanted to be sure. Thanks. Also, page 85: holy hell that is sexy.

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Is there no page 87 in the latest chapter?

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

That's exactly it. Thanks.

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

I hope this thread can be used by anyone looking for a specific manga. I'm trying to find one about a short mousy girl who moves in with a beautiful blond out lesbian, but only as a roommate. I remember the blond drove a tiny Diahatsu Midget. Even though the blond continues to date other women, it's clear she's attracted to mousy girl and mousy girl starts to return her feelings. I think it might have been 4-koma but after checking that tag and coming up empty, I'm not so sure any more. Any ideas?

motojin
Lily Love discussion 22 Aug 23:48
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Three Musqueerteers, thanks for bringing the next chapter so quickly.

motojin
Lily Love discussion 21 Aug 01:24
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

What a place to end a chapter!

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

The title translation says she's the instructor of junior class B, but the Japanese title says she's the instructor of third year class B. Japan only has three year high schools, so that would make her instructor of senior year, not junior year.

Also, more like this please. Futanari is glorious.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Here's an explanation. Normally, if the Japanese uses an English word, I'll use that word in the translation if at all possible. In this case though, it's not possible since gal means two completely different things to English speakers and Japanese speakers. Please see the translators note on page 2 for an explanation. For a more thorough explanation, search gyaru on the web.

Thanks for the answer and I deeply appreciate and enjoy your work bringing yuri manga to us. However I simply don't agree to your point. You say it's just not possible to use the word "Gal" in this instance because the meaning is different in Japanese, but I don't buy that. You're already using a translator's note to explain the made-up word "gyaru". How is that any different than using a translator's note to explain the use of "Gal"? "*In this instance the English word 'gal' means..." etc etc. Not only are you more faithful to the text but you've also educated your readership, not all of whom will know that gyaru is a transliteration of gal.

I'm not trying to badger you over this, and we will probably agree to disagree, but I just wanted you to see this issue from this reader's point of view. If you still feel your way is more appropriate, then I will respect that and back off.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Typo in Chapter 7, Page 8, Panel 3, second word balloon: "I was actually close to death, but I was saved my Kobayashi-san." That should be "by Kobayashi-san."

Overall, I am just loving this story. Tooru and Kanna are adorable, and Koyabashi's non-plussed attitude is perfect. Thanks to CIRNO9BAKA for bringing these chapters out so quickly.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

As always with Morinaga Milk, this looks very cute. I have one problem with the translation, though; saying "gyaru" instead of "gal". I've always felt that sort of transliteration to make an English word sound Japanese is insulting to the Japanese. As if you're laughing at the Japanese for saying "gyaru" instead of "gal" or 'doriftuto" instead of "drift" or "dorama" instead of "drama." The Japanese are saying English words. It's just the translator insisting on using the Japanese transliteration of the word instead of just using the English word the Japanese are already saying.

motojin
After Hours discussion 21 Jun 17:32
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

I really like this story, these characters, and this artist. I'm in to the end.

motojin
Image Comments 19 Jun 23:35
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013
Chykqvguyaafytz.jpg%20large

I'm thinking "meme" should become a tag.

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

I love this author/artist, and I love this concept. Really looking forward to how this is going to finish.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

As someone with a large collection of film cameras, this title speaks to me. I even have a Yashica 44 twin lens reflex camera, nearly identical to Yuki's Rollei TLR. The DIY camera in this chapter is a Fotodiox DIY TLR camera kit. I've built a camera myself, a Lomo Konstruktor, and I can tell you it is very frustrating. I totally identified with Akari in the 4-panel comic at the end.

motojin
Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Beautifully written and beautifully illustrated. I just went to Tumblr to follow the artist and leave a little love, just like the translation team requested. It's just that good.

last edited at May 3, 2015 11:14PM

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Alice Cheshire, I've read the first manga you mentioned, and it's brilliant. Easily one of my favorites. I haven't read the second one, but it's on my list and I will get to it soon.