Forum › Posts by Karretch

Karretch
The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Idk why, but something about how sweet that is made my eyes wet. Not full on tears, but definitely triggered moisture. Good on Saaya for recognizing the importance Lily has in Sakura's life.

joined Jul 28, 2019

If you go back to Chapter One, and you see the page where you see the gears breaking apart and that Komachi head disappearing, maybe it led to the consequences we see now. Maybe Komachi should have died then. Not to mention the fact that she looked suspicious to me from the beginning

god, I'd really like it if it ends up being something as simple as "Komachi should've died because she's going to start killing people" and now because she's not dead herself she's killing people or at least attempting to, and there's no real fate or anything at play Komachi is just the kind of person who'd start killing people sooner or later and that freak accident could have saved everyone a lot of trouble

From all the stuff I've heard about serial killers, that's basically it. Maybe not full-on serial, but she's got a few similarities going on there.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Calling it now, both are actual true reincarnations of hero and evil lord. But through the modern world tech, conveniences/distractions, and power of love (family or not), dark lord doesnt become evil again despite plans to use her/return her power.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Ok, so, maybe my hypothesis about Mizushima being into Hiyama might not be on the money. But there's definitely the "not paying attention to Kimura" aspect going on from him

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

To be fair, the other girl ALSO does not seem as interested in their marriage as one might expect, and I do believe she loves her fiance quite a lot.

HOL' UP! This sentence just made me realize why she's getting married. She's getting married to feed into Fukunaga's jealousy thing. Maybe Hiroki really does want the marriage, but I'm expecting this to be a planned thing from the two to benefit the other.

joined Jul 28, 2019

I've been thinking about the first chapter's roof scene for a week now, trying to remember what it was, then we get these releases and am glad that itch is scratched!

joined Jul 28, 2019

God, this wrecked me. The realization that we've had a big time skip, then the farewell to Iris because she knows what's coming, then she's walking home gathering apples like the first chapter and drops one and it rolls down like the first chapter and oh god she buried Lily where they met and then she collapses on her grave and the rings come out like her missing arm is reaching for Lily and then she dies, right there, right then. And there are flowers on the grave which means Iris still comes to visit, which means Iris is going to find her aaaaaaaaa

Excuse me, I just have to go crawl into a blanket and sob for 4 hours.

She didn't gather any apples on her final walk. That was all flashback. Heath was just looking fondly at the tree as she remembered her and Lily's first meeting.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Oh fuck, ugh that hurt to read, you literally watch the life drain from her body

"Literally" is right. Her hair changed color from the stress. It's now canon (in my eye, at least) she doesn't bleach-dye her hair, but it's stress bleached to have no color.

last edited at Mar 22, 2022 7:09AM

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

Black owl was obvious, but was there a white owl this chapter?

joined Jul 28, 2019

So the guy's definitely gay, right?

My hypothesis, by the way he greets Hiyama and how Hiyama says Kimura isn't on his radar, is that Mizushima is into Hiyama to make a true love triangle (H > K > M > H) and Hiyama knows, maybe due to a confession before the story started.

joined Jul 28, 2019

There's no way they're introducing a new love interest for Ari right?

Doubt it will be a love interest, but god knows I would love to see someone that helps her move on.

^ This. Ari is in an ok place, as far as things go, but having someone new to be with, even if just platonically, will always be a help.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Oh no, I don’t see how trying to butter up the princely girl is going to end well. I feel like Lan Sha is gonna get jealous and it’s gonna be a messy love triangle. I’m so worried that prince girl will end up being super possessive of her or something

While it could be messy if the cards aren't played right, and lines cross and messages mix, swaying Luo Yuan to her side from the prince's would be a benefit.

joined Jul 28, 2019

Huh, a story set in today (at least pre-pandemic seemingly). It has ace and aro characters, smartphones (although this has been increasing in mangas recently, I've seen flip phones in some mangas), Japan's declining birth rate, women on bikes just being chill, a sexually active kid (although a little too exhibitionist to be realistic). I really like this.

Idk how a modern kid not being conservative about making out in public is "too exhibitionist to be realistic".

joined Jul 28, 2019

Oh my. Is it an actual triangle? Is there a twist coming that the guy likes the blonde?

joined Jul 28, 2019

Oho! It's reciprocated!

joined Jul 28, 2019

Chapter 29 be like...
One flesh, one bone, one true religion
One voice, one hope, one real decision
Give me one light, yeah
Give me one hope, hey
Just give me, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme
FRIED CHICKEN!

... That is so oddly and specifically super fitting to the scenario, and I love it.

And for anyone wondering, yes, these are real lyrics to the Queen song One Vision.

joined Jul 28, 2019

More possible evidence to the mom maybe knowing, chapter 1 page 17, after Saki says how beautiful the random stranger she saw was and beaming while retelling the scene, mom silently smiles with a "hmm".

Karretch
Image Comments 16 Jan 07:08
joined Jul 28, 2019
Bird

@Kurookami not lick hand, laughing behind hand, because the totem eating the bird was funny

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

ah..... the owls from the author's other series made a cameo..... ;-;

T_T

Do I want to know the context? Is it going to make me sad?

Also, where are these owls? I swear I've scanned through every page at least 3 times. Do I just have bad eyesight?

I think they're referring to the kid's bag

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

It's been a while, are those white triangle things under Umika's ears fancy earrings?

joined Jul 28, 2019

So he's a brocon. Great.

We already knew that, but now he's been found to be a fucking yandere as well.

Karretch
Lily System discussion 03 Jan 12:21
joined Jul 28, 2019

... that's mildly depressing.

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

IDK if it'll be relevant, but Kaimori's hairclip in the flashback (forward?) is the letter A, but the current one we are seeing has the hairclip as a letter B

Karretch
joined Jul 28, 2019

Lol, I'm loving these debates in the comments "are they the same person or not" when the answer is obviously both. At one point, they were one, then they weren't. It's selfcest and it's poly.

Essay time: If you make two items, and in this hypothetical you can make them perfectly identical down to the exact amount of atoms and energy stored in them, are they the same item? If your answer is "no" because they are different by being two items and not one, let me say that you don't have the same atoms you did 10 years ago but that was distinctly you, correct? (Hello, Ship Of Theseus)

If you say yes, I'll tell you no because there is two of them, and by existing in separate spots in space they receive and experience different energy loads via temperature and kinetic energy impartation and from the very start of their existences they had already diverged even if they were created at literally the same time.

They are the same person, by argument that they shared a common history but now one is different because of the nature of change over time, yet they are also distinct people because they are together but not literally the same object occupying one spot in space and experiencing the exact same thing.

joined Jul 28, 2019

But shouldnt prez actually realize that whatever he does will also be in "vain", just as what he feels like MC is doing? I mean, he has no further information than satsuki and can only (well maybe) see what would happen, if he... yeah, thats an intersting question actually, since whatever information is sent to the past causes problems, and I doubt the author will be able to come up with a good excuse. Either way, it doesnt matter what is, but what prez feels like. And since he assumes his ability to be identical, there really should be no gain from recruiting MC. I think he plots something else. Or he is actually lying about having this ability, but knows from someone in the past, that had the same, how to abuse it.

That's a good point, the "in vain" part. The victims are already victims, he isn't saving anyone, just "punishing" the "criminals".