Forum › Posts by Chikaon

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I hope they show the other 2 friends as well and their part in all this, because itll just be boring if they only focused on the childhood friends most of the time. They were the ones i was least looking forward to, because its been done so many times before and i feel like childhood friend dynamics always end up with a similar storyline.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Hm i dunno how i feel about not getting together and holding onto feelings for TWENTY SIX fuckin years. I hope the time in between college to adult working age shows they've at least had some relations with other people....

Chikaon
Killing Me! discussion 18 Jun 02:45
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Cuuuuuuteeee! This is seriously one of the series i look forward to updates right now...way more than that other vampire manga....>_>

last edited at Jun 18, 2018 2:46AM

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Worst cliffy

Chikaon
Gunjo discussion 11 Jun 00:59
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I've avoided this series for a long, long time. Should I be reading it?

It's not a bad read and is enjoyable to me. I'd wait til it's all scanlated though, which should be soon. The breaks in between chapters disrupts the flow and atmosphere and i forget what happened before.

Chikaon
Gunjo discussion 10 Jun 07:09
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

This latest chapter totally lost me. I think these last few chapters have been too preachy. I get they're trying to wrap things up by explaining the characters' motives and whatnot, but it's a lot of text at once and hard to understand.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Fuck yeah it's college!

Technically this one does a lot of time hopping, so you can expect to see some high school and OL thrown into the mix too.

Yay even better

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I sense a love square in the future.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

The end of ch 2 was a very pleasant surprise.

Chikaon
New Game discussion 08 Jun 04:15
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

That bonus strip at the end with the power rangers killed me.

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Yeah man after reading this, I'm glad they broke up.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Another super-short story. Real sweet, but no real payoff. Is it me or there a massive influx of these as of late?

Probably because they're small twitter/pixiv shorts and easier to translate.

Chikaon
Your Warmth discussion 05 Jun 01:57
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I am sorry. I'm not entirely sure why Nacchan can't return to tokyo. I got the idea she was bullied at school, but that seems like a childish thing to risk losing the love of her life over.

Painful experiences can really effect you for a long time and it seems that Tokyo just triggers bad memories for her. Besides the bullying it looks like her mother also left them to go back to Tokyo and now her lover is also leaving for Tokyo. So she probably associates Tokyo with a lot of negativity and it's a hard thing to break.

I don't think it will help their relationship much if she's constantly unhappy being in Tokyo even being with the love of her life. It might even destroy what they have.

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Another one that ended before it started :(

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ughhh theyre SO CUTE

Chikaon
Sabotage discussion 27 May 05:50
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ended before it even started :(

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I liked how this story was supposed to be some cliched dramatic story about exs and wide eyed kouhais, but instead turned into a pretty chill and realistic story. This was a refreshing read.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Oooooh I LIKE this. Looking forward to more! The characters' dynamic is pretty fun.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

UGHHH CLIFFY?!?!

There's only 2 more chapters left I think.

I really wish there was more, this deserved to be a way longer series. =(

Even though I'm sad it's ending, I think it did it's job and I'm pretty satisfied (I may eat my words depending on how the last 2 ends tho...).

It was a story of Hana believing that she could be strong and I think she's definitely proved that already so the message of the manga is already complete. If it went further, I can see it running into typical shounen problems with the "villain of the week" storylines and it'll eventually turn dull. I do wish it coulda been slightly longer to see some of the other characters fight and grow as well, but overall I'm happy.

last edited at May 23, 2018 12:54AM

Chikaon
Liberty discussion 23 May 00:39
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Lol i wish the manga actually went the cliche "Honjo was Liz's ex but forgot about her" route because this just makes Liz look like such a bitch for taking her anger out on someone who knows nothing about her past and is completely unrelated. Like seriously screw you.

Chikaon
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I really liked how this turned out. I need moarrr. How can it just end there D;

I also like this pair a lot more than the one with Senpai. They feel more equal. I know it's not a huge age gap, but at 14 and 17/18 it makes me feel awkward. But maybe i feel this way because i didn't really care for senpai and she came across as kinda sleazy.

last edited at May 22, 2018 12:33AM

Chikaon
Image Comments 21 May 04:53
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013
68619042_p0

Idol fans unite

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I kept trying to tap to the next page....

Chikaon
Image Comments 14 May 02:23
Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013
Dy24sb5u8aetg4n-orig

This thread actually got me to start reading the manga and i caught up in 2 days. It's been recced to me a long time ago, but i never picked it up since it seemed like it was all about MC trying to get some dick. I've been seeing more works of it show up on dynasty and this thread convinced me to finally start it. The yuri subtext that appears later on is definitely enjoyable and I love every character that has ended up being a part of the main cast.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ahhhh i love this fight so much. It's been a while since a manga battle scene has kept me on my toes the whole time.