Forum › Posts by Galich

Galich
O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Well, for a moment I thought that I had broken the past judging by the release date of this chapter (number one) and the first comment being 2 weeks old. Oh well.
On a side note, is it totally normal to show your ID to people that you've just met in Japan? I've seen it multiple times, makes me wonder if it's actually a thing or not. Also, is it just me or are those actual photos merged into a few shots?

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Here's the funny thing, I don't exactly know either what the guy meant (since I was out of my city when the beta was playable). Microtransactions can be a real pain, since my country is outta Euro zone which makes the international prices painful. I'm kind of affraid of those, since I was one of the unlucky ones who've bought Payday 2 just before that one update. Then again, having played so much of TF2 I guess I'd get used to it. Do the drops work similar to it?

Every time you level up your profile, you get a loot box. You open it up and get 4 things.

You get XP for finishing matches and then extra XP for other stuff like time, consecutive matches, first win of the day, medals, etc.

I haven't played TF2 since the Scout update so I have no idea how drops work there.

Alrighty, thanks for the answer. Guess I'm gonna reconsider buying it after getting over the fact how Hearts of Iron IV turned out to be such an unfinished game.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Coming back to Overwatch, heard that shared XP for the entire game can be rather annoying. Is it really true? Been toying with the idea of buying it since I've grinded TF2 to death.

I'm not sure what you mean by shared XP? Do you mean that it is only your account that levels up instead of the characters? (Like Battlefield where your account levels up to get unlocks and each class levels up to get unlocks too).

If so, then yes, levelling your account is tedious. Because the loot boxes you get are per level up and each only drops 4 prizes... and the game is full of dumb shit that takes up drops. Sprays... so many sprays... and you can get dupes which will give you a small amount of coins. Coins aren't guarenteed drops from loot boxes either. Coins are what let you unlock whatever you want.

It's some of the worst mobile game style unlocking (and this game cost $40).

That being said, I have gotten drops I wanted, like the B.Va skin for D.Va and a victory pose for her as well as an intro for Pharah. My brother got a legendary skin for Widowmaker too.

That being said, I don't really like a lot of the unlocks anyway (like I don't like any of Tracer's legendary skins) so it hasn't bugged me that much. :P

If RNG isn't kind to you it is frustrating and Blizzard prepared their microtransaction store just for you! Buy loot boxes for real money! Don't get suckered into using it though... makes getting loot boxes lose any sort of charm.
Here's the funny thing, I don't exactly know either what the guy meant (since I was out of my city when the beta was playable). Microtransactions can be a real pain, since my country is outta Euro zone which makes the international prices painful. I'm kind of affraid of those, since I was one of the unlucky ones who've bought Payday 2 just before that one update. Then again, having played so much of TF2 I guess I'd get used to it. Do the drops work similar to it?

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Yup, born/raised/living in here etc. (third generation of living in here and the only one that isn't found of this country). The level of English lessons is a bit better, then again I was tutored by a British man.
That show seems like it's worth giving it a shot, plus judging by your favourites list (also loved Ghost in the Shell to death, although the new movies are much more meh) we have a similar taste in anime. Texhnolyze I never got to watch, Psycho-Pass was good but I felt a bit disappointed. I still remember my confusion over Serial Experiments Lain. Actually, my all time favourite anime has got to be Steins; Gate and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Judging by conventions I've attended, most of my preferred titles are not well liked in this part of Europe. Shows like Another and Full Metal Alchemist seem to be doing much better.
As far as gaming is concerned, I'm mostly grinding strategy games these days. Wasted the most hours on all of Deus Ex titles (yes, I'm a cyberpunk junkie) and GTA. Quite a big leap forward with my taste.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Hello, first post in this topic so I hope I won't make any major screw-ups. Anyone's been losing interest in anime recently and/or knows any good title to come back? More than two years, and I'm still unable to watch any new series. Just sticking around dynasty, watching fanart and attending conventions.
Anon, as someone who lives nearby your country (to your east) you've reminded me of all those German lessons I had at my school. You'd think that a country sharing a border of 480km with Germany would have a decent level of German classes, but no. I swear, from three teachers that I had during 3 years at my secondary school all of them pronounced "ich" in a completely different manner, none of which were correct as I've found out recently.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

So, any opinions regarding Va11 Hall-A? Played through the entire game and while I've enjoyed it, the writing seemed a bit inconsistent at the later half of it. As mentioned a page before, related due to multiple mentions of the LGBT community and the fact that the main character is bi. Not like it wasn't obvious to begin with. Also, was totally shipping Dana and the MC.

Coming back to Overwatch, heard that shared XP for the entire game can be rather annoying. Is it really true? Been toying with the idea of buying it since I've grinded TF2 to death.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Wait, isn't it the same author from that oneshot in which protagonist's mother finds her collection of mother/daughter books?
An age gap story this cute? On the first page? Day already made, and it's 1.45 at night. Probably the best one shot in quite a lot of time. Love the art style as well.
Also, the plot of this one reminds me a bit of this picture http://dynasty-scans.com/images/4306 It's not a cookie-cutter copy by any means, but one of the closest you can get plotwise.

last edited at Jun 22, 2016 7:51PM

Galich
O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

This is one of my favourites. Surprised to see so little comments on such an interesting one shot.

Galich
True Story discussion 14 Jun 15:26
O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Why was she wearing a face mask while cooking? That seems a little overkill.

My first thought when seeing this mask was Kuchisake-onna. But yea, it's most likely due to sanitary reasons.
Wish that this author would leave an afterword, I'm now curious if that really happened or not.

Galich
O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

A story about adults is always welcome. I really liked this one, even if the nearby future will be tough for the two characters if the drinking problem's as severe as it appears.
On a side note, are there any stories up on dynasty with drug/alcohol abuse as main aspects of the story? I remember seeing only one story that even mentioned alcoholism (as a minor reference), and I'm not even sure if my memory serves me correct here.

Galich
O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

This one's slowly becoming one of my favourites. Bonus points for creating an age gap story that is not creepy.

Galich
O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Boy, somehow I get this feeling that I'm about to have my guts wretched at the end of this. This chapter was super cute tho. This entire story kind of reminds me of the third episode from the first season of Stand Alone Complex.
On a side note, I think there's a typo on the 10th page of the last chapter - "She's tracing wthat she touches (...)"

Galich
O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Trying not to think too hard about this whole "Kindergarden/my kindergarden teacher" followed by "I realized (..) that girls like me a lot!". This, and that other girl going to a toys department.

Still a nice story anyway. The ending made this 100 times cuter tho.

Galich
Love Magnet discussion 25 Apr 08:00
O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Never read any of this author's work, but it looks rather promising. As for the story itself, besides those noses, it's one of those 12 pages more-profound-than-your-average-release that appear in here: a one-shot, sometimes hit-or-miss.
I am slightly confused about page 8. Is that an empty wallet in the down left corner? Was the blonde after Yui just to get her money? Looks like so, but it seemed to me like they knew each other for a bit.
On a side note, this one-shot has effectively killed my no-smoking streak. But looking at those well drawn cigs made it worth it.

Galich
O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Except for Aladdin Sane.

This.
I still like Ziggy Stardust better.

Not sure how I feel about this one. I just can't root for yandere relationships.
When looking at it as just a yandere story, it's pretty decent.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Speaking of the lists, there's a minor inconsistency with adding chapters etc. to your favorites. If you tag something you had already marked as "to read" to your favorites, the item doesn't get removed from the former list, unlike when you tag it as "read". I know it's not the world's first problem, but it gets confusing if you often mark chapters as "to read" and don't go through them one-by-one.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

I may not notice something here, but would it be possible to add an option to show items in lists by the alphabetical order? With the lists system being very neat, I was really surprised to not find this option, which seems like a no-brainer for me. Then again, it might be somewhere in a super obvious place and I'm simply unable to find it.

Galich
O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Loving this one so far. Seems like the Valentine Special is a bit ahead of time in comparison to the chapters, not that I'm complaining or anything. If anything, I feel even more confident that this series will have a good ending, which is a good thing for me. This is going into my favourites very quickly.