Forum › Posts by Bojack727

joined Feb 1, 2013

I've to really enjoy this author's work. There's something about the art style that makes the characters stand out more than they would in most other doujins I've read.

joined Feb 1, 2013

The mangaka does a cute manga called "Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya". It's finished in japan, but nothing's happening with the translations of the chapters after 138 (there's like 201 chapters in total).

I love the manga, and one of the reasons is because there's a strong low-key super cute yuri dynamic between two of the main characters. I mention this partly, because there's a vocal (I have to assume male) contingent of the fans that hate this, so I love the idea of possibly proving them wrong!

It'd be great if someone could work on finishing the translations...

joined Feb 1, 2013

so ready for a kiri/megu sleepover arc.

Yeah, they're both really cute, I always enjoy a Tomboy/Gal-type pairing!

Bojack727
Tatsubon discussion 25 Jul 18:20
joined Feb 1, 2013

TBH, if Bonnari and Tatsubon are the same artist, I'd have to image that their weird hentai were done in the past, while "Tadokoro-san" and their other works on this site is what they're doing now. I mean, the creators of series like "Helsing" and "Ms. Kobayashi's Dragon Maid" started out as hentai artists.

Bojack727
Zyugoya discussion 16 Jul 02:02
joined Feb 1, 2013

This mangaka does a cute manga called "Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya". It's finished, but nothing's happening with the translations of the chapters after 138 (there's like 201 chapters in total).

I love this manga, and one of the reasons is because there's a strong low-key super cute yuri dynamic between two of the main characters. I mention this partly, because there's a vocal (male) contingent of the fans that hate this, so I love the idea of possibly proving them wrong!

joined Feb 1, 2013

It all makes so much sense, Nikaido is an Ojou-sama!
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/tadokoro_san_web_comic_ch56

joined Feb 1, 2013

WTF @Chapter 49! Is that seriously a "My Life as a Teenage Robot" reference?!

last edited at Jul 11, 2021 5:13AM

Bojack727
joined Feb 1, 2013

I enjoyed this the first time I read it, but the story felt a bit disjointed. Turns out, the site I originally viewed this on had messily uploaded both the "Joker" and "Online" versions together. After going back and re-reading the two sides of this series in order here on Dynasty, everything makes a hell of a lot more sense to me.

The only weird thing is that this version starts out (at least to me) much sillier than the "Joker" version, but ends up becoming the much more heartfelt and grounded of the two. I liked the "School Dance" ending, but I prefer the more grounded and heartfelt ending of this version. Ultimately, I'd recommend alternating between the two as you go, as the story will make more sense, as the two versions sometimes reference events from the other.

And finally, I'd just love to say that I'm in total agreement with other reviewers about Grandpa Azuma! He's such an effortlessly cool character- he's suave, confident, and completely devoted to his family. He also seems to have strong genetics, as both Aoi and Manabu (in their own ways) bare a stunning resemblance to him

joined Feb 1, 2013

Not sure if I'm posting this in the proper area, but oh well...

Starting things off, while this trope doesn't actually bother me, I've noticed that like 99% of the time when I've come across either "Science Babies" or "Magic Babies", the child seems to be- without fail- a girl. Again, I'm not complaining about this, but I have multiple female family members who- more than anything- wanted a son.

I'm not going to get into ethical and social implication of this, or whether this is right or wrong. Rather, I've been thinking about what a yuri series would be like if this was somehow a factor. Comedically, there's a part of me that can't help but think it would be funny if this was lampshades in a series, where the son says something along the lines of "I know what sort of genre we're in, Mom, so I know you would have preferred to have a daughter..."

But there's also a part of me that would enjoy seeing a manga with an established couple, where one of the women just happens to have a son from a previous failed (het) relationship. I honestly believe there's real potential in exploring the whole mother-son relationship in this sort of setting. It also wouldn't even have to be some needlessly fraught drama, as I think it would be great if they had a close relationship and the son was fully supportive.

As always, I'm speaking purely from my own personal perspective (as a straight man), so I'm sorry if any of what I've written in this post is somehow out of line. This is purely just my stream of consciousness at work...

last edited at May 31, 2021 6:33AM

Bojack727
Image Comments 06 May 19:02
joined Feb 1, 2013
46925490_p0

The art style is similar to the artist of Virgins' Empire. Also I'm kinda surprised Hanayo isn't the one in the middle.

joined Feb 1, 2013

Takuya wasn't crushing on Yuka. He has explicitly said he wasn't interested in her.

Yeah, okay, I hadn't gotten that far and I was kind of tired. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

Bojack727
Image Comments 13 Apr 03:50
joined Feb 1, 2013
83404002_p0

Honestly, it's kind of weird to see a character based on a real life person from the early 20th Century!

joined Feb 1, 2013

This is cute and all... I've only read a few chapters, but I just can't shake the feeling that a core part of the humor of this series (ie, at the expense of Takuya) is kind of needlessly mean-spirited. I definitely like all the cutesy yuri between the girl and the mom. But I'm not sure if I can stick with this if it just continues to be like "haha, the girl that you have a crush on is just using you to get to your mother!" That just strikes me a cruel.

I don't find it funny when bad things happen to decent people, and this just seems like the story is exploiting the son's feelings all for the sake of a running gag. I remembered a manga on this site I read several years ago that depicted a similar situation (I think it was called "Girl x Girl x Boy"). It ended with the two girls getting together, and the girl that the male student is in love with telling him he's a good person and that she knows he'll have no trouble finding someone in the future who will love him back. But then, that was more of a dramatic comedy.

TBH, I really just don't know. Maybe I'm just overthinking this... I'd love to get any feedback, to know if I'm missing the point or if I'm being out of line with this comment, or if there's anything to my rambling thoughts.

joined Feb 1, 2013

I could say that yuri is glorious. It makes two straight girls making out each other. I wonder if there is another story similar with that situation.

I don't know id this is some sort of joke, but even if we disregard the fact that the dark-haired girl (Saika?) calmly accepted the "love confession", she's pretty open about her preexisting attraction to Maria once they've in the hotel room.

I'd say this is more of a case where a girl who's confused about her sexuality ends up being 'turned' by a girl who knows that she's a lesbian (or at the verry least is willing to admit that she's "gay" for another girl).

last edited at May 27, 2021 10:45PM

Bojack727
joined Feb 1, 2013

"Furry Dork Yuri"... Wow, that's gonna stay with me!

Bojack727
Image Comments 06 Apr 04:58
joined Feb 1, 2013
88970006_p1

I dunno, to me, it's more like Locoa has a thing for Shota-kun, and Kaana-chan is a better fit with Rika-chan.

Bojack727
joined Feb 1, 2013

I think one of the things that people seem to lose track of is the fact that this series is pretty much a romantic comedy at its core, so the silly melodrama should really be expected! I mean, I love these two dorks, but one of the whole points of this manga is the process of Yamada and Kase learning to be more open with each other.

Bojack727
joined Feb 1, 2013

Reading this was an emotional roller-coaster. There were moments that made me cringe, mostle because I'm squeamish when it comes to being cut with a blade. Still, I get the message of this manga, about being true to the person you feel that you are (not sure I worded that quite right). I would have liked more insight into Takatou (I really liked him!), but oh well. It took me a little while to realize the old man at the end was Chiaki's dad- meaning he went through with the chemo.

last edited at Apr 3, 2021 9:50AM

Bojack727
Image Comments 03 Apr 08:48
joined Feb 1, 2013
88867795_p0

I think the lack of color works for this, it's sort of like an old movie, but better because it's yuri!

Bojack727
Image Comments 28 Mar 14:22
joined Feb 1, 2013
Halloween%20special%202020%20-%2004

It's crazy to think that Honoka started out as what seemed like nothing more than a one-off character in a single panel gag during the Club Competition Event. I don't remember seeing her again until Elisha showed up, but I imagine it didn't take the author long to realize these two were the perfect comedy 'Odd Couple' pairing. And Elisha has certainly done wonders bringing the gloomy Honoka out of her shell- letting us see her cute side!

last edited at Mar 28, 2021 2:24PM

joined Feb 1, 2013

I find the changes in both Arisa and Mari interesting, in that Arisa has become less pushy and more innocent, while Mari has had to become (at least a bit) more assertive and hands-on as a partner. Bot are super cute regardless!

Bojack727
Image Comments 28 Mar 13:57
joined Feb 1, 2013
87024926_p0

Oh wow, I can't believed I missed this for so long...

Bojack727
Image Comments 22 Mar 22:12
joined Feb 1, 2013
38097903_p0

^Sometimes the princess needs to be spoiled!

joined Feb 1, 2013

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sorry_but_im_not_into_yuri_ch04#17

Man, Yomutsuka is like a samurai, she fears nothing and faces all challenges head-on!

joined Feb 1, 2013

Does the shawl the MC is wearing have any basis in reality, or is it something the author totally made up?