Forum › Posts by matsuri_wins

matsuri_wins
4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

The beginning is exactly fucking the same as this story
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/aqua_blue_cinema
And I refuse to believe that she just had the same idea

It's super common you know
I've seen it many times, some chara standing on a cliff overlooking the sea, another chara comes, there's an accident or misunderstanding or whatevs and both fall into the sea... it's a common trope that you see a lot

You're right, of course, and I'd like to add something: when it comes to manga and yuri, there are like a HUNDRED tropes that are even more common and are constantly used, reused & overused in all our favorite stories and series – and nobody finds anything wrong with that.

"The ex returns" eg is so effing common, the Spanish-speaking community of yuri fans has coined a name for the ex-love of one of the girls in the main couple who comes back to town and sparks (willingly or not) a conflict in their relationship: they call her "Zorra-chan." You know how the speeding truck that bumps characters and sends them to an isekai is universally known as "Truck-kun," right? Well, this woman is Zorra-chan, just as simple. Like this one, or this one, or even this one, lol. It doesn't matter if she really is a slut (that's the meaning of zorra) or not, when she appears everyone goes: "Oh look, it's Zorra-chan, she's here to raise shit again."

This is hilarious, one learns something every day.

Happy to see Kodama back with a new story! Whatever she creates, I read.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

It is clear that reichii has a nonchalant attitude, he takes kaoru for his buddy... kaoru in a little desperate mode plays everything for the whole, finally there was not only uta in unrequieted love mode, kaoru also with reichii is at the same level.
Now kaoru knows that reiichi is cheating (phone conversation with risako who lied to her) she wants a escapement and that's where the turn for me comes in, is what reicchi is going to want to do at her request? it would have been so cowardly...

That's het story drama at this point. I thought Kaoru couldn't get more unshippable with Uta, but apparently not.
Basically we're just waiting to see how Kaoru and Reiichi's rs will end, while Kaoru loses her remaining self respect.

Yes this manga is difficult to predict, the author leaves chapter after chapter several possibilities, nothing is definitely decided even after 26 chapters.
The story is still well constructed and it's funny to see that finally little by little kaoru becomes the central character of the plot.
Everything will depend on his choices and also those of reiichi, I can't believe that the author leaves him so "stupid", already his reaction to the request of a child of kaoru should be very interesting.

Omg is that what she is asking in the last panel?? This girl is so dumb, I don't understand...I thought in the previous panels she caught herself thinking about having Uta around her instead of Reiichi...

Someone mentioned this is turning into basically a het drama, and they are quite right. If Kaoru is that deep into just wanting to keep this guy, how can she possibly be with Uta later on? :-(

last edited at Sep 19, 2019 7:13AM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Well wtf, more importantly folks, WHAT IS THIS: https://www.facebook.com/LaDiosaDelLirio/photos/a.336936750260294/430676710886297/?type=3&theater

Is this a new manga by Kodama that I'm not aware of? :O

Wait you tell me you didn't spot it ? https://dynasty-scans.com/series/seagull_villa_days Thought it was hard to miss out when it pop tho.

I did not :D Thank you!

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Well wtf, more importantly folks, WHAT IS THIS: https://www.facebook.com/LaDiosaDelLirio/photos/a.336936750260294/430676710886297/?type=3&theater

Is this a new manga by Kodama that I'm not aware of? :O

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

I feel whenever Won and Seju talked about their personal stories I actually got engaged in the story, but that didn’t happen often. The story really feels like it was somehow shortened, because the setup of 2 strangers in a hotel seems to convey it would be a slow burn. And if the story had been longer then the hotel could have more people working in there, which is much more realistic.

I wonder how much influence Kakao editors had on this mess.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

So it looks like this magazine is still ongoing eh? I wanted to become a reader contribute, but I don't know any Japanese and my gf can only read Kanji badly :-( Is there any translation effort going on?

matsuri_wins
Citrus + discussion 11 Sep 08:00
joined Feb 18, 2018

I find it pretty concerning that Sabu hasn't been releasing Citrus chapters for 3 months. Sometimes I wonder if she is tired of the series and doesn't really want to work on it anymore.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

The last chapter was nice. Mostly because the art is so great and Seju and Won are so good looking, it's hard to not like it when they are just being sweet and talking to each other.

Art: 10/10
Plot: 5/10
Resolution of SuminxSeju: 1/10 (too unrealistic)
Do Won as a character: 0/10.

Won felt like Mary Sue from start to end, though at least she is not as bad as Sungji. She could have been a bodyguard or assassin for sure...it baffles me that after dropping the hints and creating the potential in the story, the author didn't take advantage of that angle to make Won stand out. Won and Sungji feel almost like interchangeable characters with minor differences.

I am still waiting for an adult manga that has problematic but realistic characters like Sumin and Seju solve their differences and end up together.

last edited at Sep 7, 2019 9:36AM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

The Green Forest story was just BAD. I mean, I didn't even understand why the girls liked each other. I would be fine if they continued Pet's Aesthetic, as long as it's on a platform for mature content. It was super hot.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

I dunno what Yuu talking about :P

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Does anyone have links to the raws?

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

The number of very long posts in this thread talking about technicalities is impressive and a bit overwhelming.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

I think those basic points have already been made here in some detail:

• As informed appreciators of what the author has accomplished here, we understand that it is right and just that the story end, soon, entirely on her own terms.

• As greedy consumer monkeys, we’ve found something that arouses our pleasure centers and all we can think about is about pressing the food bar for more, more, more, in perpetuity.

I go back and forth. lol

Well I haven't seen the writer's side brought up yet. Only that the quality would decrease if she kept pushing on. I have more sympathy with the author than the audience most of the time, so that might be my personal issue. A story's integrity usually trumps my desire for more (unecessary sequels always make me groan when they are announced, even if they turn out good).

But the monkey in me always gets riled up when things go the "wrong" way, so I ain't any better.

I agree, please no continuation of YagaKimi. I want to remember it as a great series. All continuations screw up the original story sooner or later :-((( I cry in the corner every time a new chapter of WDTFS comes out and don’t want to do the same with this one.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

I pick B for "they forevermore Boinked".
Am done with dark humor for the day :D

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

It's not that there are nothing left of Touko and Yuu to explore from a relationship development POV, realistically-speaking. I personally am curious to see how the time Touko is away in college and Yuu is still a high school student would play out

Realistically, it would play out like most high school romances do, even between 2 girls: the distance and increasingly diverging experiences between a high school student and a university student would make Touko get closer to some other girl, or start becoming wild about parties and whatnot. They would eventually split up, and later down the road both would meet their actual life partners during their 20s. If Sayaka sticks around as a good friend and they go to the same university, she could even end up with Touko accidentally by the time both forgot the whole high school crush thing.

last edited at Sep 3, 2019 7:44PM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

The other possibility, of course, is that Japanese adult life sucks so bad that no one wants to read about it.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

I somehow can't believe that the majority of people who read stories like Bloom Into You are in high school. Mostly because they need to have $ to buy the manga, and in that case won't parents check what they are reading and also limit how much they can buy? Maybe my parents were too strict...

My bet is that the majority of readers are in their 20s, and there is a huge latent demand for more relatable stories. Which is currently being (badly) fulfilled by manhwas, which are usually about adult life.

last edited at Sep 3, 2019 7:16AM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Series focused on Sayaka = take my money

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

I found the amateur translation better than the translation at Dynasty.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

BTW one of those "series in a nutshell" videos. So funny! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ8a-8YeTxY

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Touko became pretty amazing once she got over herself.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

^ BugDevil reborn

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

LOL that explains all the flashbacks. All about showing Seju's amazing bod.

About the 2 last stories, I would definitely be more into reading about Dawoon since I found her an interesting character. In fact, shockingly, I found her WAY more interesting than Dowon, and her whole story with Sungji, in my opinion, was much better executed than One. And probably the only time in the story when I actually found Sungji cool too since she was shown independently of Sumin.

As for the SuminxSungji story, I legit have no clue what it could possibly be about. A conflict at this point would feel forced. And Sumin giving her a ring and asking her to marry would honestly feel like spitting on the face of Seju's fans, since Seju is not being given that happy of an ending in comparison and would kinda feel like a betrayal of their promise when they were young. A bit like showing Sumin in an even worse light? Better to not show anything deep, just the 2 of them having tea lmao

last edited at Aug 31, 2019 5:54PM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Hey, maybe it's for the best xD

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

I kinda expected this rushed story development before One got released since their previous project - Pets' Aesthetics gave me the warnings that it would just be same when the story looked very promising at first but eventually turned out that nothing could be considered as amazing plot. Not to mention the fact that both Team Gaji (mostly Alggumba - the writer) and Korean readers don't like Seju as much as Sungji and Sumin, since their taste is something fresh, innocent, pure, cute. So this really explains their impatience to write a good, realistic, proper ending for Seju x Won as they just can't wait to move onto Sumin x Sungji's happy life 3 years later and their next project as well.

Yup, from what I could tell, it's mainly only international readers that likes Seju the most. I guess foreigners like us, especially those from western countries, we tend to have a more liberal view, meaning we're more accepting and tolerant towards deeply flawed characters, so someone like Seju could be seen as a lot more interesting. While Sungji on the other hand, I've noticed folks that considered her to be a boring Mary Sue.

In the end, what broke my heart about WDTFS is that it created this incredibly heartfelt and complex relationship between Seju and Sumin, with all its beauty and sincerity and toxicity, and then promptly threw all of it in the garbage in favour of the most stereotypical romances ever. Making it super clear that the complex relationship development was accidental.

It’s like...so painful.

last edited at Aug 30, 2019 12:15PM