Forum › Posts by lluNhpelA

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

Possibly my favorite part of this manga is that the two lackeys really want to be generic mean sidekicks to the generic mean popular girl, but said popular girl is actually a weirdo. They can't turn the tables and start bullying Hiyama or even stop being her lackeys because she is still at the top of the social hierarchy but they just try their best to be assholes, anyways

lluNhpelA
VAMPEERZ discussion 27 Jun 06:26
Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

I will go with "Something bad is going to happen to ichika, Aria turns her to save her life and they live happily forever after" route,

I love this, but as a fan of tragic endings might I propose this alternative: Ichika manages to kill Al-Kamil with the sacred sword but is mortally wounded in the process. Aria is hesitant to save her because of the risk and, even if the vampirification is successful, Ichika would be cursed to live forever. Ichika instead decides to stab Aria so, instead of living cursed lives together eternally, they die in each other's arms and can spend a more peaceful eternity together

last edited at Jun 27, 2022 6:26AM

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

I feel like this is going to become a harem and I am 100% down for it. I’m usually not but damn if these characters aren’t just so great.

Definitely the best timeline. Next best would be for all the girls to pair up with each other somehow, but that wouldn't be nearly as fun

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

It really felt like we were approaching the finale of this series but it turns out we're just starting a new arc! I like when a series has a real conclusion so I have mixed feelings now that the ending is no longer in sight, but this manga is super fun and now we have more time for the romance between Utena and Kiwi to blossom so I'm excited regardless

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

I like this ship but I fear what might happen if Asumi starts dating Nanao then, assuming she drops the prostitute habit, stumbles upon Mai randomly.

I think the best-case scenario would be "Asumi and Nanao start dating > Asumi and Nanao hire prostitutes together > they hire Mai and have an amazing threesome > poly ending"

lluNhpelA
Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

I liked this ending but I'm confused about how the timeline worked out; I thought that Nanasawa would just wake up in the modern day and either replace or merge with her "younger" self but... this is a completely different timeline? It seems like nothing that happened through the course of this manga actually affected their present day situation because this version of Seto has no recollection of the double Nanasawa situation.

For those familiar with Steins;Gate I would say it seems more like Nanasawa only jumped to a different World Line within the same Attractor Field and everything that happened with the time slip was just a dream.

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

It always felt like there would need to be some kind of team up between Enormeeta and Tres Magia to fight against Venalita as the true BBEG, but I was absolutely not expecting a new trio to appear. Kinda weird that Vena doesn't recognize them since their outfits look so much like Enormeeta's. Does this mean that there's another cat-fairy-thing that also creates skimpy/evil transformations?

last edited at Mar 20, 2022 3:49PM

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

God, this manga does mourning and the death of a loved one so well. Even thinking about Ari's situation can make me tear up. I don't know why, but death and loss hit me straight in the heart more than anything else and I just love to see characters really linger on it and be profoundly emotionally affected.

Mourning takes time and there is never an easy way to get passed it and, no matter how much we want Ari to be able to move on and find new love, it should take a long time for her to be ready for that and she'll probably be dealing with the trauma of Seiran's death in varying degrees for the rest of her life

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

I'd love for this to continue, but if we get a time skip/montage to Kasumi as an adult I won't be too upset. That being said, Kitanai Kimi ga Ichiban Kawaii and The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This both just ended and That Time I Was Blackmailed By the Class's Green Tea Bitch just has a few chapters left to translate, so I don't know if my heart could take it

last edited at Mar 3, 2022 3:22AM

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

How about "Tong Tong's mom is actually dating Lin Luxi's dad right now and is planning to get married, so he takes custody of Luxi and the two girls get to live together as step-sisters"

The psuedo-incest kinda complicates this, but I'm def expecting some flavor of "TT's mom + LL's dad"

Edit: tbh I can't remember the whole deal with Lin Luxi's dad, so I have no idea if this is even a possibility

...do you quite remember A) Ms. Tong's taste in guys B) Mr. Lin's character setting?

My memory is so bad I had to go back just to check whether he was dead or just got a divorce... despite the entire premise of the story being that Lin Luxi was caught with him. I'll need to devote some time rereading this

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

With the short number of chapters left, I'll lay my arcade token down on "The Moms already know each other in some capacity, which provides the required leverage to salvage the situation."

How about "Tong Tong's mom is actually dating Lin Luxi's dad right now and is planning to get married, so he takes custody of Luxi and the two girls get to live together as step-sisters"

The psuedo-incest kinda complicates this, but I'm def expecting some flavor of "TT's mom + LL's dad"

Edit: tbh I can't remember the whole deal with Lin Luxi's dad, so I have no idea if this is even a possibility

last edited at Feb 26, 2022 1:42PM

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

I'm glad everyone seems to share this "waiting for the other shoe to drop" feeling. This is all just too good right now

lluNhpelA
Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

inb4 Hino makes something up that gets Koguma flustered like "I was just trying to look down your shirt" so they both just drop the subject

... until Koguma pulls Hino in for a kiss under the fireworks

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

I absolutely love tragic endings like this. Even the fact that we don't see the reactions of their friends and family just further enhances the sense of loss and finality.
If we get any kind of bonus chapter it would need to have a focus on their two unhinged friends and their burgeoning toxic relationship, but I think this ending is perfect on its own.

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

Wait... it's not fully scanlated, right? That comment says there are 37 chapters, not 27. That means we still get ten more chapters, don't we?

lluNhpelA
Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

I was under the impression that same sex marriage was probably going to be legalized in Japan within the next couple years, but I think I might have been too optimistic if neither of them have really even considered that it could be possible

lluNhpelA
Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

I still got teary-eyed, but wasn't there a line in literally the first chapter like "thus began my first and last summer with Kaori"?

Why would anyone be surprised that this is a tragedy?

Edit: it's actually phrased "the first and last summer we spent together" but the very first line of the entire story is "The summer you were there...". It has never been a secret that something bad was going to happen to Kaori from the beginning

Editx2: the word "ephemeral" is literally in the title. Their romance won't be ephemeral if they get a happily ever after

last edited at Jan 25, 2022 9:36AM

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

It did feel like this story could've run for at least one more volume, but we don't know if it was axed or not.

It was axed, for health problems reasons

If that's the case then I can forgive the ending being cut short. It always sucks when a story ends in an unsatisfying way, but I guess a few bad endings among all the manga I read, yuri or otherwise, isn't really that big of a deal. Especially when it was a fun ride all the way up to that point

last edited at Jan 23, 2022 3:40PM

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

They did definitely cover up more skin, but a single boob plate and some random pauldrons doesn’t actually seem that much better in terms of actual protection. Most of it’s just fabric

I have to admit that it's the kind of armor that I would normally criticize (boob plate especially) but being part armor/part fabric is exactly what I would expect for a half martial/half magic class, so I think it holds up well enough. Plus the guy that kicked her out of the party was just wearing leather over even less of his body, so she's at least more protected than him.

If I were to try justifying it in lore I would say "it's enchanted with powerful defensive magic so it doesn't matter what material it's made of" but criticizing the use of in-universe lore as justification for the author to put characters in impractical clothing (or exercising any other fetishes they may have) is kinda the entire point of this story, so this armor does seem a little hypocritical lol

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

Side characters being 100% on-board with the mc being gay is one of my favorite things in yuri but it's so rare that I don't mind that this is a "they're a little confused, but they've got the spirit" situation

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

It always feels nicer when the "good" characters get the happy endings but I can enjoy a story about toxic relationships (I absolutely love Scum's Wish). It's just that the one thing I ask for out of any story is a good sense of closure... that being said WHAT HAPPENED WITH HARUKI AND MOCHI!?

I get that Haruki was rejected and seemed to accept it rather than getting hung up like Sei did with Yoru, but what is her relationship with Aya like now? They live next to each other and the confession/rejection scene seemed like it was meant to clean the slate so they could go back to being friends but we don't get to see that or the inevitable drifting apart that Haruki was so worried about.

Then there's Mochida who seemed to have a lesbian awakening in that one scene with Sei and is no longer interested in the teacher but we don't get to see how any of that worked out. I was fully expecting Haruki and Mochi to end up dating in the epilogue or something but instead we get nothing.

I enjoyed the series overall despite it not having the tidy happy ending were the good people are rewarded and the bad people are punished because good things happen to bad people all the time and story doesn't have to make you happy to be good, but this ending leaves me feeling unsatisfied.

last edited at Jan 9, 2022 2:39AM

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

Wonder if the last chapter will be a time skip of sorts?? Maybe show an older Lily??

I'm not sure if I'd want to see that. The idea reminds me of Asellus's Half Human ending in Saga Frontier, and that's such a heartbreaking ending. The pain of seeing your beloved growing old while you yourself haven't aged a day. No gusta.

Sadly this is probably gonna happen, only hoping that she won't commit suicide and instead lives on like lily wanted, eventually dying of old age, hopefully still sane at that point, and reuniting in the afterlife, or heaven as lily puts it.

A tragic/happy epilogue-style ending that gives closure by showing how the rest of the characters' lives go instead of a hand-waved "happily ever after"? That's literally my favorite kind of ending. BRING ON THE TEARS

lluNhpelA
Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

Does anyone else feel like the author just had a checklist of things that needed to happen but didn't know how to do it organically so they just sped through all of them?
1. Timeslip+identity reveal
2. Older Nanasawa confession
3. Younger Nanasawa confession
4. Polycule

I was expecting each one of those things to have some buildup and drama but they happened almost simultaneously and with very little time for the characters to actually process everything

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

Oh and Nao seems like a potential love interest!

Looks like we night get a love triangle in our smut. I can foresee a situation where Asumi sorta gives up on meeting her friend and falls for Nao, but on her final brothel visit before giving up prostitutes for good to date Nao she just happens to finally hire her friend. Drama (and/or a threeway) ensues

last edited at Dec 11, 2021 10:29AM

lluNhpelA
Sisterism discussion 22 Nov 20:12
Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

The mostly episodic story started off with was really good but there were promises of good development that were never fulfilled since it was constantly playing with the idea of having the main two actually get together.

Ultimately the the main characters ended up with less progress than anyone else and all the development that did happen with the other characters was crammed into too-few chapters with too much happening off-screen leaving the ending as a rather unsatisfying non-conclusion.