Forum › Posts by daydream_dog94

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

fetish.

@daydream_dog94
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

(do memes work in that format?)

from my understanding, a fetish is essentially something one finds pleasurable (sexual or not) that does not involve the parts of the body designed for sexual pleasure. so for example, "bullying" could be considered a fetish. does bullying someone (psychological or physically) have anything to do with sex? no. in spite of this fact, people still find it pleasurable to be degraded.

that's my definition I'm operating under, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong there. and if i am incorrect, please give me the word that describes my definition so i know in the future what term to use.

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017

do people forget that this is one of those fetish pleasing manga or am i the one out of the loop here?? this is essentially the Yuri version of nagatoro. its a stretch limo where the authors weird fetishes get shotgun while any actual romance takes a back seat. and its been this way since chapter 1. i wont quote it bc its long but there's a comment on this page about how they are just normal kids acting like normal kids? and im honestly not sure if its meant to be sarcastic or just severely out of touch lol

Well, in the context of a Japanese comedy manga, where "normal" is pretty ambiguous concept, they arguably haven't actually crossed too many problematic lines. Sure, there's been a boatload of innuendo, double-entendre, and suggestive ideation, and inching up toward red lines and then leaving things hanging. But "fetish-pleasing manga" seems like a massive overstatement in regard to what has actually happened in the story.

Compared to, say, Yuugai Shitei Doukyuusei, which has a very similar basic setup of a diligent class rep trying to keep a rambunctious classmate in line, this is the height of wholesome adolescent experimentation on the cusp of sexual awakening.

True. But I also don’t think a piece of entertainment has to go that far to please a fetish. Nothing wrong with it. I’ve read and enjoyed all of nagatoro and this manga too. But to read something like this and not see it’s blatant exploration of fetish is quite funny, really. It’s obvious.

You can keep asserting this until you're blue in the face, and I can keep asserting that you're profoundly delusional about this being simply a "fetish pleasing manga" for just as long. As I mentioned, sure, it's obvious that the author enjoys suggesting far more than they depict and creating expectations for lewdness that they fail to satisfy--that's the basis of much of the humor.

But please do point to some specific panels or sequences that are so "obviously" merely intended as sexual fetish material, either for the author or the audience.

oh. did i say somewhere that it cant be both fetish pleasing AND a comedy? and the whole thing from the beginning is obviously playing into some kind of bullying/embarrassment fetish. this isn't the first series to do this. also im not saying its "obvious" that this manga is solely for sexual pleasure. like you said there are other, more deserving titles. what im saying is that its obvious that fetish is very much a big part of this series as a whole. it doesn't have to be explicitly shown to the last dirty detail to know its there. as you said, it goes hand in hand with the comedy. and to add, my initial comment has to do with peoples very critical reactions to the most recent chapters. like they didn't see something like this coming from a mile away.

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017

another example of this type of manga is the one about groping boobs with the long ass title lol it’s horny for the sake of being horny and everything else is just background.

You really shouldn't judge a manga you haven't read beyond the first few chapters...

i read the whole thing and own all the available volumes in English just couldnt think of the ridiculous title off the top of my head lol. also i wasn't judging it by any means so sorry for that misunderstanding. sure it has over arching romance (especially in later volumes) but at its core the manga is about worshiping breasts and the characters relationship that develops from that. and that's fine. I never said there was anything wrong with it. I'm simply saying it is what it is. i was just comparing the structure of that manga and this one.

last edited at Apr 17, 2023 9:47PM

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017

do people forget that this is one of those fetish pleasing manga or am i the one out of the loop here?? this is essentially the Yuri version of nagatoro. its a stretch limo where the authors weird fetishes get shotgun while any actual romance takes a back seat. and its been this way since chapter 1. i wont quote it bc its long but there's a comment on this page about how they are just normal kids acting like normal kids? and im honestly not sure if its meant to be sarcastic or just severely out of touch lol

Well, in the context of a Japanese comedy manga, where "normal" is pretty ambiguous concept, they arguably haven't actually crossed too many problematic lines. Sure, there's been a boatload of innuendo, double-entendre, and suggestive ideation, and inching up toward red lines and then leaving things hanging. But "fetish-pleasing manga" seems like a massive overstatement in regard to what has actually happened in the story.

Compared to, say, Yuugai Shitei Doukyuusei, which has a very similar basic setup of a diligent class rep trying to keep a rambunctious classmate in line, this is the height of wholesome adolescent experimentation on the cusp of sexual awakening.

True. But I also don’t think a piece of entertainment has to go that far to please a fetish. Nothing wrong with it. I’ve read and enjoyed all of nagatoro and this manga too. But to read something like this and not see it’s blatant exploration of fetish is quite funny, really. It’s obvious. if that isnt the main point of this manga then what is?? i dont see much else going on here. another example of this type of manga is the one about groping boobs with the long ass title lol it’s horny for the sake of being horny and everything else is just background. And that’s ok.

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017

joined Dec 4, 2017

hi, can you please stop making me fall for the uncle? thanks.

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017
Tnd_39-1646651457184358400-img1

im surprised we haven't been flocked with more art post finale..

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017
Pinepipp-1619914275602194432-img1

"you like krabby patties, don't you arisa?"

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017

hold the phone! now give the phone to me. THATS A 5 YEAR OLD RIGHT?

gather round ya'll, we got ourselves a dumpster fire

last edited at Apr 15, 2023 1:05AM

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017

koguma unleashed

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017
Yakumakuma-1584477859598303232-img1

don't watch em.. lol kidding. (kinda) the last episode especially infuriates me. i understand completely why it was produced the way it was in the end but im still bent about it. don't get me wrong, all the episodes are extremely entertaining and if you are a fan of the show you will love them! but god if it doesn't also feel like a kick in the teeth. the ending and what predetermines it are diluted beyond comprehension and it just bums me out that this show was meant to be so much more... do yourself a favor and just go watch full metal alchemist brotherhood instead lmao

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017
__4zm-1644286561041907712-img1

a challenger approaches

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017

this is certainly an interesting development XD i mean, she's an elementary student so there really isn't any real threat here right?? RIGHT? jealous koguma is nice though. hopefully we get to see hino console her in the next chapter

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017
88167401_p0

^ yeah, this comment section was a trip lol

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017
Onitak_-1643692412982681602-img1

the long awaited sequel

joined Dec 4, 2017

ok ngl the end was a bit weird with the middle school kid and the heart to heart dodgeball match lmaooo not to mention the rushed ending.. but i still enjoyed it regardless and the final conflict and conclusion was really fuckin cute so bonus points there. i wish we got to see more teasing of the adorable critter that is nakano.. i seem to have fallen for her as well lol

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017

just finished rereading strange voices and wanted to say thank you for translating this story!

joined Dec 4, 2017

Love yourself

this has been a PSA from akira-chan. now back to your regularly scheduled tiddie groping yuri manga

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017

hachiko's comedy is unmatched

last edited at Apr 6, 2023 1:28AM

joined Dec 4, 2017

the april fools chapter is priceless!! glad to see the scanlators have a sense of humor comparable to the manga. this has to be one of the funniest manga ive ever read and i can only imagine how difficult it must be to translate accurately enough to get the joke across the language barrier. I also probably laughed just as hard at chapter "11" if I'm being honest! keep up the good work! hope to see more translations (and original works) from your team in the future.

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017
En-1641038077572399105

"that was so fun lets do it again when I'm not drunk so i can actually remember it!" a vicious cycle, truly

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017
Ouka000000000-1608847340261232648-img1

suppose we have to use our :・゚✧imagination:・゚✧ to assume what went on under the box

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017

it was at that moment eli knew, she fucked up.

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017
106338709_p0

^that should be a tag. is that a tag?

daydream_dog94
joined Dec 4, 2017
Onitak_-1642220046012350465-img1

is wearing lingerie and bondage in the woods considered exhibitionism?

last edited at Apr 5, 2023 2:23AM