Forum › Posts by Sylke

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

"their feelings pass each other straight by!"

Oh, I dunno if I'd say STRAIGHT by, narrator

To be fair "their feelings pass each other lesbian by!" Doesn't work as well.

No no you're missing some commas, it's "Their feelings pass each other, lesbian, bi!"

Really owning your profile pic and living up to it aren't you ?

(it's a compliment)

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

I see. Is a living wake a better idea ? Agreeing to discuss and argue for as long as the living ones want ? I've been wondering (for years, maybe a decade) how to leave in a way that it hurts as little as possible the ones that I love. Only solution I found so far was to stay alive. But it's not a solution.

I thought recording videos would be nice. But maybe it's cruel ?

Is it because people don't realize depression is a deadly disease that can't always be cured ? They believe we're not actually dying because they don't see it on our body ?

Sorry to start a painful debate. I think it's an important topic.

last edited at Dec 13, 2022 6:16PM

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

Can't really relate to cis lesbian feelings but I wasn't hurt either.

I just thought that some of those stories felt like they've been written by males.

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

Both happy for the ace representation and sad because I really can't relate to ace stuff

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

This got realistic fast

While I dont relate with the low selfesteem, being unable to see one's own existence outside of the relationship is something I understand all too well

Codependency much

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

The characters are so simple and uni-layered it's a bit boring. And god knows I'm not difficult to please.

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

I don't get what's bad about having your farewell letter read at your funeral... But then I have trouble with that kind of things in general. I have no idea what hurts others when it comes to death or love. (and since I'm depressive and suicidal myself I always end up hurting people by mistake :( )

Sylke
Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

Oh yeah impossible relationships between incompatible people that love each others. As if I didn't have enough of those IRL. :")

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

Okay well it's a first step I guess...

Sylke
Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

Goggled Anon posted:

Did you read Hourou Musuko?

Pretty sure that series ended with the trans female protagonist telling her girlfriend that she wants to be a girl and her girlfriend responds with "I guess that makes me a lesbian"

Pretty sure that series ended with the "transboy" Yoshino, who went as far a buying a binder and felt their identity was a boy for most of the series, finally deciding that being a girl and being called cute wasn't all that bad and it made things easier in life, so just abandoned that whole gender identity thing and wasn't feeling worse for it. Just felt a bit guilty to have abandoned her friend on the trans road. It was just a phase.

I sure hope this one doesn't go that route for the MC where they finally find love and accept the gender they were assigned at birth with.

... Which is fine because that also happens a lot IRL, especially with boyish girls exploring their gender ?

I thought Horou Musuko was one of the sweetest, deepest, finest and most subtle representation of transidentity in manga.

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

What is vengeful about it ?

Sylke
Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

Just because it's not explicitly said doesnt make it a headcanon. Or else everything would be headcanon.

It's pretty obviously canon to me. Since the beginning it has been fairly obvious. And the only valid explanation.

Sylke
Baumkuchen discussion 04 Jul 17:54
Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

That's the most accurately lesbian manga I've read on Dynasty I guess. Could have threw up that cake myself.

(also I should read more of Temp comments. )

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

Butch/Fem reversal is the best. Always. :D

Sylke
Her Trap discussion 26 Apr 17:41
Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

A young inexperienced woman like Yasuko could easily mistake casual sex for love,

Isnt that cliche ? I know a lot of young inexperienced people that clearly identify and/or desire casual sex... While I'm old and experienced and still mistake casual sex for love all the time.

Sylke
Harmony discussion 18 Apr 17:05
Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

Yeeeeessssss my favorite couple

Sylke
Reliance discussion 03 Apr 15:01
Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

14 sai no koi is one of my favorite manga, but those characters are the only one I dont like. I hope this series will change my mind...

Sylke
Yours discussion 03 Apr 14:11
Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

I would not feel creeped out if someone was copying me tho. I guess I'd feel flattered and a bit wtf :p

Sylke
Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

Yess I love bottom masc

Yeah. Finally something relatable ;D

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

Those are basically 10 times the same chapter redrawn. XD The story is nonexistant even for something that is not story-driven.

I fail to see the point. But good for all of you since you seem to enjoy it. ^^

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

Wholesome manga about broken people. My favorite.

Sylke
Pretender discussion 13 Nov 17:52
Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

You can be raped and still chat normally with your rapist the day after,even hug them and laugh. (thats exactly what I did last time a woman raped me)

As for this author and mangas in general, you guys overthink way too much and give too much credit to the authors. It's just badly written and unrealistic, because this author's writing is usually bad and unrealistic. I still enjoy her work very much, but don't overanalyze. The author probably didn't think about all that. She just wrote whatever looked cool.

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

To be honnest I would also prefer losing my gf to a woman, but not because I don't think they're competition (i'm a woman myself), but because losing to a GUY is like the worst thing ever. Best case scenario yuri lost against patriarchy, worst case scenario you were considered less attractive than a guy which means you failed at several levels. (might be because i'm a t woman that i see things that way xD)

Sorry guys, i'm not that misandrist I promise :D

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

Did that with my girlfriend 15 years ago. We thought our friend was sleeping. (I was young okay...) A few months later he dropped "oh that night where there was weird noises wink wink".

God. I'm mortified when I think about it. He's such a nice guy and we were fucking assholes.

Sylke
Lost discussion 16 Sep 08:08
Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

This is a rough one. I can sympathize with both characters here, honestly. If you are the type of person who needs a relationship to be at their happiest, while also being a lesbian, the world of romance can be incredibly unkind, especially if you have any other qualities that makes you more unusual or less desirable in the eyes of society. You end up clinging to a relationship that mostly works, ignoring the parts that don't work, just because you want something to not go sideways for once. Just because the happiness from a relationship that almost works is much better than the way you feel when you're alone.

And then there's Mio. Somebody who values her friend highly and questions her own feelings but is willing to sacrifice her own happiness to grant happiness to someone she cares about. She thinks hurting herself this way is noble and does it up until it finally breaks her. I have been at this level of despair a lot.

Reading this manga hurt like hell but reading your comment was on another level.