Forum › I Love You, I Like You, I Mean It discussion

One_last_thing
joined Jun 14, 2022

Also there is literally nothing ambiguous about someone saying "Person, I like you" in that manner and I really hate when manga do that.

Hmm, that might be my bad. The raws for Kise-san’s confession on the first page say “私がそんな紺野さんが好きです”

This is more literally “I like the Konno-san who is [kind but straightforward, busy but put together]” which is less direct than just “Konno-san, I like you” in my opinion.

I deliberated on how to translate this in a not-verbose and natural way while semi-preserving the manner in which it was said, and also whether I should focus on Konno-san or the description of her as the subject of the like, but ultimately decided to highlight Kise-san saying she likes Konno-san. Clearly, something was lost in translation here…haha

Apologies for the confusion, and thanks for pointing that out! I still have far to go as a translator…

Even if the translation didn't capture the full nuance of the source, it doesn't really hurt the story since it's revealed Konno did understand it as a romantic confession. It's Konno's reply where it really matters, and while I don't know the original text, the translation fits with the story & art very well so I suspect you did a perfectly good job there. Thank you for the translation!

But ugh, Konno. Responds to all romantic advances with the best friendzone reaction she can muster (even the damn kiss!) and then blames Kise for not progressing further. What an ass.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Age Gap OL
Oneshot
why even live

I feel this

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

I absolutely love that lady stuck in the stall, at the end. The poor woman was adorable blushing with embarrassment. I wish I had skipped the afterward though. It kind of ruined the story for me.

If we get a sequel/mini-series, I hope she comes back with her mind expanded on yuri

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

Damn I love this author. <3

To reply you must either login or sign up.