Forum › Posts by Minutoh

Minutoh
School Zone discussion 15 Jul 16:47
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

School Zone DID have a lot of potential yandere/mental breakdown stuff but I think Ningiyau is toning it down to please a major part of readers...which is kinda sad.

What do you mean by potential yandere/mental breakdown stuff? I don't remember any of that happening before these last two chapters, though my memory is just bad. I'm always interesting in yandere stuff, so I'll be sad if that's the case. Well, now that I think about it, there was that girl that faked injuries or something like that who was cut completely so that is one case, unfortuantely...

last edited at Jul 15, 2021 6:53PM

Minutoh
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Author of ‘The Taste of Legs’ … Not gonna lie that weird outta-the-blue kiss raised a few red flags but I’ll make an exception just because this is by them. There is no perfect yuri after all. Looking forward to the next chapter.

After reading that, I am now extremely scared that this will also be... well, you know, the genre everyone hates that I won’t spoil if you want to read that one. It wouldn’t exactly be too surprising in this case either, but I sure hope it doesn’t turn out that way.

Minutoh
School Zone discussion 07 Jul 18:06
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I think I remember that Hiiragi hates Tsubaki 'cause she thinks Tsubaki's better than her. Since Tsubaki looks down on herself, Hiiragi is pissed since that makes her even worse or whatever. Wait, and then Tsubaki hates herself since Hiiragi hates her? But Hiiragi starts hating her because Tsubaki hates herself?

So, you're basically right referring to the reason why Hiiragi dislikes Tsubaki. Just like any siblings, there's the moment where one of them excels a lot better at everything they do which is Tsubaki in this situation while Hiiragi is being left in her shadow. Like you said Hiiragi doesn't like the fact that even though Tsubaki is good at everything she fails to appreciate herself. Therefore since they're twins it's like Tsubaki doesn't respect or like Hiiragi because they share the "same face". It's confusing to put in words because of the concept but if you reread the chapters that explain it you'll understand better.

I see. That makes more sense, and it's understandable why Hiiragi's mad and all. She's definitely way too pissed at her sister, but, still, that does make sense. I'm still a bit confused by why Tsubaki hates herself. I thought she started hating herself since Hiiragi hates her, but I probably just forgot what the real reason was (if they even explained why yet) since that doesn't make too much sense in this context. I'll definitely have to reread the chapters that explained all this.

While this is a comedy, the angst with the two main girls shows that it takes its angst seriously, so I’d bet that whatever their breaking point was it wasn’t something like that. Although I am assuming that you mean it in the anime jokey-pervert way- so if the manga made it the realistic super creepy way it could actually be that.

Yeah, I see what you mean there. I meant it in the jokey way, but it would definitely make more sense if it was actually realistic. I still doubt that's the real reason, but maybe it is...

Minutoh
School Zone discussion 02 Jul 21:15
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I am gonna (wrongly) predict that Tsubaki was doing that dumb anime thing and snuck into Hiiragi's room and sniffed her clothes or whatever. And then she got found out and that's what that flashback's showing... unless that flashback already appeared before. Or their personalities switched and Tsubaki used to be the strong one and look out for her sister and all, and then Hiiragi saw her crying and she was disgusted. I mean, I might've just forgotten the story though. I think I remember that Hiiragi hates Tsubaki 'cause she thinks Tsubaki's better than her. Since Tsubaki looks down on herself, Hiiragi is pissed since that makes her even worse or whatever. Wait, and then Tsubaki hates herself since Hiiragi hates her? But Hiiragi starts hating her because Tsubaki hates herself? Okay, I'm mixing up some stuff, but, as far as I remember, I don't think they actually revealed what the breaking point was and why Tsubaki fell in love with her twin sister in the first place.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

The Sakuya x Remilia ship was one of my favorite yuri ships back in the day, so this is a nice surprise. I mean, they don't really act like Sakuya and Remilia, but this is the closest thing to that ship that I remember.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I see that Zanka really loves the maid/mistress dynamic... I'm not complaining though since I also love it.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Neji really had to end it with "for when Vivi's "love" is the same as mine..." I don't really mind since the ending is better than I thought it'd be like everyone else said and it's clear their love is (loves are?) actually the same, but... not the best line to end on. Well, I definitely enjoyed the whole story for the most part, so I can't complain.

Minutoh
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Guys I’m confused... cuz the sister is not an alpha either... in the exposition dump they say that everyone BUT the president, her mom and her sister are alphas. I’m not really into ABO buuuutI think the (rushed) ending is another way to defy the whole societal stuff. Cuz it’s not even about alphas and omegas anymore.

I think it was saying that it's saying that everyone except her mother's an alpha (excluding the President herself).

First page:
Chances of having an alpha child are higher in pairings comprising:
...an alpha female with an omega male...

Chances of having an alpha child are lower in pairings comprising:
an omega male with an alpha female.

Someone doesn't know what a contradiction is.

Yeah, I was a bit confused by that part too... I wonder what was actually meant there.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

The two of them are pretty much like this.

This reminds me of Under the Same Roof too... the one by Inui Ayu, not the other Roof thing. Their hairstyles and general styles seem pretty similar to theirs to me (minus Fuji's glasses), though I'd assume that's just a coincidence.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before, but I think it's pretty funny that Teren Mikami is apparently working on three LNs and then three manga adaptations of those LNs that pretty much share the same premise at the same time. The premises of this story, Watanare, and If You Could See Love seem to boil down to "I want to be friends with this girl, but she just wants to fuck me!" I'd say they're just different enough to keep them interesting, but the fact that Mikami's doing all this simultaneously is pretty interesitng.

Minutoh
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

For those who don't know, the title is a play on words. There's a phrase that teachers write (or stamp) on homework and tests and such when the student has done a good job (not sure about the specific circumstances), and it's "taihen yoku dekimashita" (very well done). The title of the manga is "hentai yoku dekimashita". The original phrase is usually accompanied by a flower symbol like the one the title of the manga is written inside.

And here I thought that the title's implying that Koiko is being cooked well done by Nika or something... I'm not even exactly sure what that means, but I thought it seemed at least a bit fitting.

Minutoh
Joshiyu discussion 26 Mar 00:48
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I’m a bit confused about the Ooshima Tomo / Towa situation. They sound like they’re saying they go by a different name depending on the work, but aren’t they different people...? I dunno, is it related to their Sweet Pea / Cocoa Break aliases.

Minutoh
Kill Switch discussion 16 Mar 21:29
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Lol based off the cover and title I thought it was gonna be about hot assassin ladies and got excited...only for me to be extremely disappointed after I started reading hahaha.

Hm not sure how I feel bout this yet. None of the characters really stand out to me but I'm kinda interested in the seemingly yandere one.

I also thought that this would be about that kinda stuff, especially since the prologue was tagged with the violence tag. Maybe they secretly actually are assassins though... I thought Hwayeon's thoughts from the prologue indicated that she had kind of secret life she wanted to hide that the biker might reveal, but it looks like it's just anger from getting punched in the face and possibly losing the MC and all.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Damn, I feel doubly betrayed now... first I learn that Homura Subaru isn’t a girl (I thought they were both girl names so I thought she was a girl regardless of the name order...), and now I learn that he does non-yuri stuff! That first thing isn’t really a good reason to feel betrayed... but the second one might be. Well, it’s not really too surprising given that he already has borderline stuff like this, but still...

It's not entirely serious, but it is more serious than it should be honestly haha. I'm sure most of the folks writing hentai like this mostly write het stuff, but I've come to think that some of the more well-known mangaka like Mira, Ooshima Towo, or Homura Subaru only wrote yuri... yeah, I was exaggerating when I called it a "betrayal," but it just seems to me weird to learn that they also do het after all this time (if Mira or whoever else does anyway). That applies to the mangaka of more innocent stuff like, I don't know, Morinaga Milk or Nakatani Nio or someone, though at least that probably won't be hentai and all (actually I remember Morinaga Milk did something pretty weird now that I think about it...). As for the first thing, I do tend to assume that most yuri mangaka are female which I at least don't think is exactly an incorrect assumption to make most of the time.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

As long as she doesn't become the Mother Of A Thousand Young.

Funnily enough, Homura Subaru did make a doujin where that happens and it is also Lovecraft themed. Appropriately titled Deep Ones, it is not uploaded here but if you're in the know, the code is 209138. It is kinda fucked up and while there is enough girl on girl to make it yuri, most of the sex is between the girl and uh... whatever those fish things are so understandably, probably not yuri enough for this site.

Damn, I feel doubly betrayed now... first I learn that Homura Subaru isn’t a girl (I thought they were both girl names so I thought she was a girl regardless of the name order...), and now I learn that he does non-yuri stuff! That first thing isn’t really a good reason to feel betrayed... but the second one might be. Well, it’s not really too surprising given that he already has borderline stuff like this, but still...

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Thus manga really showcases how limited we are in terms of genre we have when it comes to yuri. Almost every yuri manga, especially in yuri hime, is just overly dramatic and filled with angst. I'm good with a few of them being like this but it just feels like almost every yuri manga is like this. I'm starting to feel like authors believe should should be nothing but drama and more drama.

I mean, I agree in principle that there's definitely too many overly dramatic things out there, but I feel like there's way more overly fluffy things out there these days albeit with some light drama sprinkled in like Nya-chan said. I generally don't like yuri drama when it's just completely out of the blue, but this has been built up over a while and I'd say this one is pretty unique since there are not many yuri manga out there that depict genuinely fucked up relationships like this one does... maybe stuff like Happy Sugar Life and all, but yeah (if there are any more, please point me toward them!)

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I'm also pretty disappointed. I was excited for some yuri isekai stuff, but... only the first story was really yuri since it seemed like the yuri was thrown in at the last second in the second story and then the next stories don't even bother trying. I mean, I didn't bother with the last two stories 'cause of the tags, so I'm not too disappointed, but I still am disappointed. At least there's I Favor The Villainness and the Magical Revolution one, clearly the superior yuri isekai stories (also the only isekai things I've read or watched other than these things, so I guess they're my favorites by default).

last edited at Jan 27, 2021 5:34PM

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Oh wow it’s another one of these “voluntarily getting stuck in a time loop to save your loved one” stories! It’s one of my favorite “genres,” though it obviously isn’t a very common “genre”... there’s Madoka, there’s Qualia the Purple, there’s probably some other stuff I forgot about, and now there’s another one! I suspected that something was up with the “This time” comment in Chapter 2, so I’m excited to see that’s what the story’s about.

last edited at Jan 24, 2021 5:50AM

Minutoh
Melon Melon discussion 09 Jan 19:27
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I did not realize that this onee-loli stuff is so popular that Eclair made three entire issues of just that.

I think you misunderstand Orange post. The OneeLoli anthology and Eclair anthology are 2 differents anthologies and are not related, they are even not published by the same company. OneeLoli is published by Ichinjinsa and even serialized in Cmic Yuri Hime whereas Eclair where published by ASCII Media Work and not serialized.

My bad, I thought they were the same thing. I guess that just makes it even better since there's now an entire anthology focused on onee-loli stories instead of part of one and all!

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I was worried they would be using the other half of the erodoujin design for her costume, so it's good that they didn't do that in the end haha.

Minutoh
Melon Melon discussion 08 Jan 00:42
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Thanks, Gendo!

The publication order for Eclair / Onee-loli is:

Eclair, Blanche, Parfait, Bleue, Parfait Two, Rouge, Parfait Three, Orange.

There's a sequel Onee-loli anthology, but I'm not sure if we've got it categorized here properly. There's probably also more food yuri anthologies, but I'm not too sure of them!

Edit: Lilliwyt was kind enough to let me know that Yen Press has published all five of Eclair in the US, you can find their info page here. The Itou Hachi stories in Bleue and Rouge are not present in their releases, though. They are here and here.

I did not realize that this onee-loli stuff is so popular that Eclair made three entire issues of just that. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since there were 3 onee-loli (ish) anime in 2018 and 2019 and then there's Dragon Maid which had the ship involving those girls whose names I forgot. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with this since I watched all of them and read every translated story in the anthologies, but I'm just surprised this niche is so popular considering that there are barely any yuri anime/anthologies haha.

last edited at Jan 8, 2021 12:44AM

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Does anyone really think that rotting things taste the most delicious... I suppose it's different for a mermaid though. Also, I never knew that gourmet could be used to describe a person, so that's interesting.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I never realized the connection between Reiwa and ReiAli... it seems that ReiAli is truly meant to be.

Minutoh
Image Comments 30 Dec 21:16
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

That's crazy that this is apparently trending on Know Your Meme... it's not a site I use very often, but I would've never expected to see anything from an actual yuri thing there (not including stuff like Madoka Magica or whatever), and especially not from something this obscure... I certainly welcome it though.

last edited at Dec 30, 2020 9:16PM

Minutoh
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

What the fuck is happening here... I guess Girl 3 is jealous that Ayumu and Yu are going out? I need to start watching Love Live...