Forum › Posts by random

joined Jul 26, 2016

I hope the black hair friend becomes yandere and kindap mei all for herself, and they live forever after

joined Jul 26, 2016

No fucking way Botan wasn't making a completely deliberate double entendre there -.-

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

All I want is for Kaoru to meet Truck-kun before this ends. I cannot stand her. Can one of these people she toys with just belt her upside the head? Can someone yeet her over the mountain? Something to wipe that stupid, smug look off her face. She reminds me of a terrible person I used to know who also never had anything bad happen to her for all the garbage she put others through...

It'd be far easier to take the burn-the-witch faction seriously if they didn't so consistently mount the soapbox of heavy projection and emotional blinders.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016
Centuriic-1539242791687049218-img1

^a straw being present makes for no obligation to use it if you don't feel like doing so, ya know :|

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

So Kaoru just kisses a random girl she met at the station? Well, that's ... actually a bit weird, to be honest.

Not like that sort of thing was anything unusual for her... (that first panel totally needs one of those classic JRPG levelup jingles btw)

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

Well. That sure made the languid cat sit up and perk her ears :P

joined Jul 26, 2016

It's turning into a bit of a running gag how almost every single page of the discussion has someone come in and say that, really. Usually with essentially the same opening words to boot.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

Kaoru is easily the most psychologically abnormal member of the cast, as well as probably the most socially gifted and the keenest observer of people. Mayoi is pretty much the most full-fledged example of the classic "tormented artist" archetype, unhealthy obsessions and all, and also the one most capable and willing of no-selling Kaoru's charms (among those the latter has decided to exert them on natch).

Their mutual fascination - wide-open and tsunderish respectively - makes for some extremely interesting dynamics and interactions.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

The way Kaoru captured the girl on the train between stops was really funny.

This just in. Local succubus charms all the girls, claims "gotta catch 'em all!" More at eleven.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

Oh hey it's that Japanese OCD about shoehorning every. fucking. thing. into a totally-not-modern-highschool-without-serials "academy" setting again .-.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016
Dsongbirdtweets-1513819673363730432-img1

Here we see a pride of raging lesbians in their natural habitat...

joined Jul 26, 2016

Pretty sure it's the woman from the beginning of ch 11, going by the features and the reference to drawing manga.

...though damned if I could find any context for that scene or where Yamashita knew her from in the first place ¯\(ツ)/¯

random
joined Jul 26, 2016
Drako_sophia-1535968238966026240-img1

^the artist seems to have just given up on all of the rest of the Shogun's Magatsu form hair decs, and mechanical joints for that matter ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

joined Jul 26, 2016

No one said it is. It's also not one people use frequently in normal conversation.

It's the only even remotely unusual one I could readily spot. Yet for some reason peeps be talking like this was original 16th-century Shakespeare or some shit.

Probably worth pointing out its use is also initiated by Yuna who is trying very hard to fit in with the rarefied ojousama milieu.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016
Y1shoo-1533754993094062080-img1

^reptile people, on my Dynasty-Scans?!

It's more likely than you think.

joined Jul 26, 2016

"Abscond" isn't a terribly obscure word you know...

joined Jul 26, 2016

How ~♡ R O M A N T I C ♡~ ( ꈍᴗꈍ)

joined Jul 26, 2016

It may be a bad thing if they can't find daycare for the kid like they said. It can be costly too. Sometimes the best financial decision is to have a stay at home parent, at least while the child is very young and needs daily supervision.

Near as I'm aware the whole problem is that Japan's parental support systems are antiquated bullshit based on the Hausfrau cancept, ie. finding viable alternatives to one parent - default assumption unsurprisingly being the mother, feel free to count how often those casually appear in animanga - staying at home to look after the kids isn't the easiest thing.

As the whole economic paradigm of lifetime employment and whatnot that made this entire pattern feasible belong to an the era that died before many users of this forum were even born it's no surprise their birthrates are some of the lowest in all of post-industrialized First World as people astonishingly enough might want to do something else with their lives.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016
Nagiwww7-1530937531797483526-img1

^isn't Shenhe already well on her way to some local take on Taoist immortality or some shit tho

And us mere mortal rarely pass away at the same time as our near & dear barring unnatural causes or damn suicide pacts anyway, for that matter.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Yeah, I'm not seeing what the problem is supposed to be either.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016
Dlanon-1523468704737988608-img1

^more than once, probably (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)

møøse bites can be pretty nasti mind you...

joined Jul 26, 2016

Chou making dat literal emoji faec tho XD

joined Jul 26, 2016

I don't think Watanabe's gArDeN oF yUrI is going to survive the concentration of firmly grounded common fucking sense Yoshioka and Sana have between them... :P

joined Jul 26, 2016

^^ Sana is really fun and seems to be the only self-aware character among the side ones, enough to notice Ririka and Fuyu’s gay bs and criticise the weird sister system.

And this right here was a move.
https://64.media.tumblr.com/90de3ad5da6cb619511839beb5b88e43/bfe770af66fa09df-9c/s1280x1920/2f8e39e0e7dcd85466ea1cf7b8ad36957883eafd.jpg)

Best Side Character™

Irreverent junior ftw

joined Jul 26, 2016

And shooting is still the more realistic of the situations where cars explode in movies, a simple crash is often more than enough to immediately hear a big boom.

If Hollywood was to be believed cars run on nitroglycerine.