Forum › Posts by ffins07

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

My belated thanks to Sneikkimies and the rest of the team who bring more of this lovely story to us week after week.

So grateful there are Shimamura's out there for the world's Adachis, ha-ha. That is some possessiveness that I would not want to handle. Shimamura is kinder than she knows.

Looking forward to the next installment.

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

If a romance is going to be pulled out of nowhere, I'll take Uta x Risako. ;p

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Finally! I feel like we've finally encountered a pool of water on the other side of a desert. They are actually talking to each other and directly. This is so great! ha-ha...

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Why do I like this story? Most of the time I find slice of life, everyday stories boring and they end up being about cute girls doing cliche school stuff.
But every chapter here is very engaging and makes you feel like you are living in it, rather than just reading about some characters while disassociating from them.

There are other stories that I like for the interesting plot and twists, but sometimes writing something like Hana Ni Arashi can be more difficult. Plus the fact that they are both highly likable is very important.

I feel like this will get an anime.

Well said, MacySan.

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Gold. So glad we have this series.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Thank you so much. What-de-heck, gotta go READ!!!

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

As refreshing as ever. Looking forward to the next installment.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Okay. So this turn of events was ...reasonable. Not used to this. Hah.

ffins07
Citrus + discussion 17 May 17:34
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

*sighs* I'm going to refrain from commenting on the story, but I still really like the art in this series. I may be reading it no matter how many sharks jumped, ha-ha.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Finally, my wish for more Shimamura POV was appeased. I enjoyed this chapter tremendously.

Adachi's internal monologue did nearly creep me out at time. If I knew someone felt that possessive about me, I'd want to "run for the hills", as they say. No thanks. But Shimamura is not me. hah

There were so many precious moments. All of the interaction with minor characters fit in well with the overarching narrative and never took up too much space in the story.

To top it off, we got the blunt, Shimamura anticlimactic closing.

"Sure, why not."

Perfection.

Thank you, @sneikkimmies and everyone for sharing this.

last edited at May 15, 2020 9:33PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

That was so direct, I liked it. Looking forward to the next chap. (~˘▾˘)~

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Well, that was fast. Not a romance. I wonder at the angst/drama, or maybe the whole story will be fast. I wonder at this holding my attention.

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Nice art. Good short.

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

What was with the tone change? This read like an extra with the ".5" missing from the chapter. I get how this could be Iroha's style, but I'm not reading this story for her or Izumi. (I'll concede the dad scenes were cute though.)

I hope this arc is closing soon. I vaguely recall feeling that Kurokawa is lagging in development, but now she's just part of the back drop. Let's get back to the regular programming please.

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

This is still my favorite manwha. (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

last edited at May 9, 2020 10:07AM

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I don't know if this is my favorite of the series I'm actively reading right now, but I think it's the one that leaves me with the most pleasant feelings. Very pretty, good pacing, generally positive. Just good vibes throughout the experience (even coming into the forum thread ;)).

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Risako doesn't communicate her intentions, but I'm not sure it can be described as conflict avoidance, more the opposite.

Agreed on Risako. The closest thing I've found to describing my perspective by a quick Google search is "Alexithymia". (I'm not a fan of over diagnosing or calling everything a disorder, so I only mean to call attention to the associated behaviors. I'm just looking for some buckets other than the abused ASD spectrum for categorizing folks with trouble expressing themselves emotionally or connecting with others along those lines.) I guess what I was looking for generally is "empathy deficit", but Alexithymia may also encapsulate some of the amoral characterization of some of Risako's behaviors. (The info on psychopathy touches on both of these things -- empathy deficit and amorality -- in depth, but the the rest of the disorder doesn't fit.)

To me, Risako has mental barriers to relating emotionally to others and lacks in skill or ability to gauge emotional weight of her actions. We've seen her confounded at Kaoru's responses and the "severity" of them. You stole her boyfriend, of course she was upset -- the "normal" person thinks. (Again, I don't see it as a disorder but just a neurological difference.)

It's not conflict avoidance when you aren't aware of a "situation" to avoid. :D

On one hand she's blunt, on the other...I don't think she realizes there's something she could say to "clear the air", or perhaps she's been burnt by social situations enough that her defense against the world is to keep information to herself and remain aloof. ...and these are just a bunch of far-reaching thoughts around a side character about whom we know fairly little.

last edited at May 6, 2020 10:35PM

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Yes, a blessing of more yuri that isn't high school or lower

Yes, rare as ever.

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

And this just delivers it! It reminded me a little about "Fluttering Feelings" since it's slowburn too (but cancelled, RIP author).

too soon ( ཀ ʖ̯ ཀ)

(ಥ﹏ಥ)

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I thought they were going to sleep in the bed

Same, sleeping like that can't be good for your back.

I wanted to hold my back when I saw Kaoru's sleeping position.

Both Kaoru and Reiichi are neglecting their relationship. The only one attending is Uta, and she really shouldn't be. I kind of feel like she invited Kaoru's "cruelness". The rhetorical question about Kaoru's feelings toward Reiichi not changing was borderline masochistic. The girl needs to learn how to set boundaries, hah. (I'm not saying Uta deserved the hand holding. That was still a selfish move on Kaoru's part; however, she did position herself as a doormat.)

It would probably be out of character, but I'd find it refreshing if Risako showed up and confessed to Kaoru. Then maybe she and Uta could bond over the futility of their feelings. :D

last edited at May 3, 2020 10:51PM

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Perhaps a bit optimistic, but it seems as though Kaoru has finally shown some maturity - accepting her neglect of her relationship; however, in the short it has come at the cost of dragging Uta backwards. I wasn't really expecting a happy scene out of this event, but what a way to put a damper on things.

Am I the only one who wants to learn more about Risako?

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I was not feeling slice of life today, but I'm glad I hung in there for the most explicit/direct conversation about their relationship that they've had. ^^

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Cute. More not depressing stories. Yes!. \O/

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

... I'm glad the Risako hate's simmered a bit. :D

last edited at Apr 10, 2020 11:21PM

ffins07
Lily Marble discussion 10 Apr 23:09
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

This chapter is a perfect example of why I continue to follow this story. Nice (but hurts. But nice).