Forum › Posts by Tiger

Tiger
Lily Marble discussion 11 Oct 00:50
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I recommended this manga at Sevenseas Entertainment's survey together with Octave. I want to have a physical copies of these manga. xDD

Licensed series are taken down from Dynasty, just saying and by no means I'm saying you did something wrong quite the opposite

But it means that you can have your own copy and that also helps the author when you purchase it legally. I'm a huge manga collector and I really love if there will be more Yuri in my shelves.

The original is free to read online in Japanese, so why would the fan translation get taken down?

I don't how how the manga industry works but most mangaka always encourage people to buy their books. So all I'm saying is having a hard copy would be nice but if fan translation gets taken down, then that would be outside of my worries nor the author's. That might sound selfish or whatever, but that's just how it is. I would still want this to be licensed.

No I was saying that ordinarily it is taken down because the series in question are to be purchased before read and therefore it is proper to buy them in English (tankobon, magazine, etc.) but this is a web series release that even Japanese speakers read for free.

*native Japanese speakers say, purchase bloom into you’s magazine version to read it while dynasty posts free scans, but that isn’t what is happening with this series. The Japanese is free for all.

last edited at Oct 11, 2018 12:52AM

Tiger
Lily Marble discussion 10 Oct 12:27
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I recommended this manga at Sevenseas Entertainment's survey together with Octave. I want to have a physical copies of these manga. xDD

Licensed series are taken down from Dynasty, just saying and by no means I'm saying you did something wrong quite the opposite

But it means that you can have your own copy and that also helps the author when you purchase it legally. I'm a huge manga collector and I really love if there will be more Yuri in my shelves.

The original is free to read online in Japanese, so why would the fan translation get taken down?

Tiger
Lily Marble discussion 10 Oct 01:51
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Development damn it, I need development (I’m not going to look a gift horse in the mouth with that butt flash, but I’m itching for a little progress).

Hey, you gotta look at it this way: this is develepment. Miyu needs to have her emotional and physical feelings pushed until she can’t take it anymore and puts the moves on Nozomi.

It’s all setup for now. Risa and Aya can be our fairy god mother lesbians.

last edited at Oct 10, 2018 1:51AM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

An interracial Yuri couple... Judge me as you like, but this hits almost all my fetish buttons.

I'll judge you. You are a person of culture as well.
Either way, this series seems interesting. Never watched/read anything else from the author, though. Should I?

Guys, they’re both Japanese. One is just really tan from being outside all the time and the artist may get lazy and not draw the tan lines, but from their names it seems quite obvious it is not interracial.

Tiger
Lily Marble discussion 24 Sep 15:09
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Can't both of them be wrong? It takes two to cheat.* (unless you count masturbation as cheating lol.) So in terms of a crime, if the husband was guilty of adultery, wouldn't the other woman at least be an accomplice.
*That doesn't count, if the cheating spouse lied, and said they were single, obviously.

Of course they can both be wrong, but they’re definitely doing different things wrong.

You know how many women go after the woman their man cheated with instead of the man? A ton. They decide that what the other woman did was worse or the same than what the guy did, which isn’t true, but it makes them feel better to have a scapegoat. Saying that their misdeeds are equal is a bad line of thought that many societies like to use to say that women should gatekeep men’s cheating. “If you just hadn’t let me sleep with you...”

last edited at Sep 24, 2018 3:10PM

Tiger
Lily Marble discussion 23 Sep 20:43
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

No, the guy is most certainly more wrong than girl in this case in that he is cheating on his wife and breaking his marriage vows. If Hikari was also cheating on and betraying her partner their sins would be of a similar caliber but she is not. Really the only thing she has done that is a tad bit shady is she is encouraging and enabling someone else to do immoral things.

I must agree with you here. I think that there is an instinctive need to blame the “other woman” equally because people when they’re cheated on want to feel like it wasn’t just their partner that did this to them. Someone else “tempted them” or “made them”.

But no, it was just their partner’s responsibility to either not sleep with other people or break up with them first. Giving blame to Hikari in this case absolves the manager partially of his responsibility not to cheat.

Yes, there are better things Hikari could be doing with her time than seeing a married man, but she herself isn’t cheating and there is a huge difference between cheating and doing something really stupid.

last edited at Sep 23, 2018 8:44PM

Tiger
Lily Marble discussion 16 Sep 21:20
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Author stated on twitter that the next episode raw is on 9/21, but the sukima.me page is telling me "Coming soon 9/24".

Either way, next chapter previews show what appears to be Moe and Hikari going shopping together.

Tiger
Lily Marble discussion 08 Sep 23:48
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Moe and Hikari are my favorite. The best friend trope is one of the absolute best, and they're so sweet and friendly with each other. This series really seems to have something for everyone. I also love how the different couples interact with each other. It feels like a genuine community without creating love triangles or anything like that.

The community aspect gets even better.

Miya and Risa meet after work in one of the chapters to drink and talk about their crushes/love lives.

Tiger
Lily Marble discussion 05 Sep 01:07
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I looked at the raws up to Ch 13 and I gotta say this looks like it’ll be amazing.

Only thing it has in common with VE is the multiple pairings, because this isn’t bait. Only couple that isn’t seriously gay are the two receptionists and they could be slow. If they’re straight I still wouldn’t care because the other pairings are just so explicitly serious about the gayness entailed.

And by explicit I don’t mean NSFW, I mean that there isn’t ambiguity in their attraction or a way to see any of the pairings but the receptionists as experimental straight girls.

last edited at Sep 5, 2018 1:10AM

Tiger
Lily Marble discussion 28 Aug 22:36
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

They don't seem really fit, I've been bamboozled !

They match up to what fit ectomorphic girls look like. If you’re looking for mezomorphic girls yeah they could be a bit bigger, but honestly if they’re not body builders (and we’ve seen Yoga only) this is very reasonable. Heck even body builders without roids look pretty normal when they’re not flexing.

TLDR: It’s reasonable.

last edited at Aug 28, 2018 10:36PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Idk why but i love the side couples more than the main couple lol

Their arcs are quick so we get a complete and well rounded view of the characters and their journey.

By comparison, we don't even know what percentage of the main couple's arc we've seen, except that I think it's over 50%.

last edited at May 10, 2018 2:22AM

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

When she says she's big she is referring to her height and strength intimidating men, and not that she thinks she's fat or anything to do with the size of her butt.

That said she's adorable and I like the way she's drawn a lot. Wish we got a better view of Sawada.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

When I read Yamada asking Kase what she'd like for her birthday I kept thinking:

"Sex, Yamada. She wants to spend the day in your room having sex."

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

The chapter's just ramping up the tension (sexual and otherwise) after the ending of the previous work diffused it. Kase's jealousy and sex-drive could be interpreted as intertwined and these scenes are being used to show that she still doesn't feel secure in her relationship as well as wanting a lot more physically than Yamada is currently giving.

Then we have the set-up for next chapter's party and it's a perfect storm for...torqued Kase.

last edited at Apr 6, 2018 10:44PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Also some of the phrasing is odd (i.e. blootered, bampot) but that's more of a personal opinion than anything.

Did Rena have a regional accent? That's what I thought they were trying to show. But then Yuna said "Ain't" and I didn't think she had one too?

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Predictions for future plot progression:

1. Ayaka outscores Yurine on the tests because Yurine's hormones are in overdrive and she can't concentrate.
  2. Yurine convinces her parents that the she would like to try living in the dorms for the rest of her high school years so she doesn't have to commute and can have the quiet study atmosphere.
  3. She gets assigned as Ayaka's roommate, since Mizuki has moved out.
  4. They end up ranked number 2 and 3 in the school rankings because they spend most of their evenings in bed together instead of studying and some other girl surpasses them both.
  5. Ayaka is still upset because Yurine is 2nd.

Of course, this will take another 40 chapters to accomplish, because there will be five to ten new couples with their own relationship issues to resolve that will be interspersed between the chapters about the main couple...

Your points gave me the perfect idea very closely related: Ayaka's mom is satisfied with her being #1 and lets her stay in dorms. Yurine's parents however, are disappointed and think she needs to go to the dorms to concentrate and raise her score. Yurine's advances are hindered by Ayaka's will to keep her grades up.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I love Ohsawa Yayoi's art style. Whenever she gets a story right (and not horribly wrong) it's sooooo good. This single chapter is such a tease but I love it anyway.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

So they kissed right in front of Torayama's mom and she didn't mind....welp
Cute chapter anyway kinda interesting seeing how Ayaka talked about Yurine

Hey, hey, now. It was an accident. Mrs. Torayama is a mature human being and isn't going to point it out and laugh.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

^^ It's a fair argument, but a bit exagerated if you ask me. Most honorifics really don't tell us much we don't already know from the characters' personalities and interactions. The nuance lost by dropping them is usually negligeable − and when they are really important, there are always ways to translate them one way or another (except for "senpai", as I said). The first name/last name basis is much more significant overall. And keep in mind that Japanese is a language where the level of speech and dialect is marked everywhere, so much that you can sometimes have 10 characters and recognize each of them just by the way they talk. It's extremely tricky to convey all these nuances accurately, honorifics or not.

Sure, I don't have to drop them in a scanlation, but to me honorifics are still an integral part of the Japanese language specifically, so I guess I don't want my translations to look too much like a mishmash. But I can get why some are attached to them.

I have to agree with you on this. For a story like this especially it's going to be -san and -chan and that's going to get repetitive. Unless there's a joke specifically about dropping the honorifics then it's not going to matter.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Still hoping that Yurine becomes Ayaka's roommate. If Ayaka gets a new character as her roommate....ugh... it could be a cool character but I feel like the chances are higher that it'll be lackluster in comparison to Ayaka and Yurine. Only two ships so far (for me) have shown the same level of promise.

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

how can a person be 1,70m and 45kg? Not only albino, is she anorexic as well? '-'
or is the author using some other way of measure, instead of M and KG?

45 kg is a bit low considering she's college-age. 110-115 is more plausible, but she would still be pretty flat with only an AA or A cup. The author probably just didn't know what weight a very thin and not too buxon person at 170cm would be.

45kg at 170cm is more realistic for a teen who just had a growth spurt, but 50-52kg is possible for someone on the especially thin side naturally or still pretty young and hasn't fully filled out. However it seems to be quite rare to meet someone with that body type. My experience is that most girls/women will be 55kg at 165cm bare minimum.

last edited at Jan 29, 2018 11:40AM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

^also noticed that..they love the locker place..lol the difference on their expressions back then makes this so satisfying..
[See previous page for the images I took out to save space.]

Notice how Ayaka always puts her hands on Yurine's boobs as they kiss.

last edited at Jan 5, 2018 3:12AM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Ayaka's hair is just weighed down by the weight of the world now.

Tiger
Department discussion 10 Sep 21:39
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Reminds me of Carol.

Back when Department stores had elevator attendants.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I am not all that great on navigating web wings, but am I correct to conclude that there was no new chapter on the 28th to go with the announcement?