Forum › Posts by Alice Cheshire

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nyashi posted:

Now that Manaria has unveiled the Teleport spell I can point out that wind magic so far has achieved:
-Flight (Manaria)
-Telepathy (Manaria also)
-Teleportation (Manaria part 3)
-Magic Nullification (Misha's Siren)
-The ability to turn air solid (Thane's air walking)

Thus proving my thesis that wind magic's true ability is to do whatever the plot requires of it.

Most of those have an actual logical explanation. Flight should be pretty obvious, as should making the air solid. Telepathy can be explained by controlling the air in such a way as to establish a private conversation at a distance. (Dunno if that's actually how it works in-universe though.) I don't know exactly how teleportation works in-universe but even that could be explained by extremely quick movement which would normally be an ability associated with wind. Dunno about Misha's Siren though. I don't recall enough details about it to have any kind of theory on how it works.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Zar posted:

More spam.

Dealt with.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

luinthoron posted:

Oh, new spam... https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/807579 and the previous post in the same thread as well.

Taken care of.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I really need to get around to finishing this series at some point. I have the first three but I've only completed the first two. Though I dunno that the third or fourth games will be as good as the second one since Erika's not the protagonist in them.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Lilpha posted:

Found what looks to be a spam comment that stuck around for a week:
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts?user_id=84914

Dealt with.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

b58 posted:

Blastaar posted:

It didn’t help that it was running at the same time as AnoKiss, with a similar basic setup but exponentially more control.

Yeah, but less punching people out during chess matches. (I assume, I ended up dropping it like 20 chapters in due to not having time to keep up with it and haven't gotten back around to reading the entire thing.)

I actually really liked that revolutionary method to achieve a checkmate in the first move, don't think the overall hyperactive and nonsensical tone was the main problem, it's more that it just didn't result in something... coherent I guess.

That knockout punch was one of my favorite parts of the entire series, lol. I was curious what she'd use as her handicap but punching out her opponent was absolutely not what I expected at all.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Blastaar posted:

It didn’t help that it was running at the same time as AnoKiss, with a similar basic setup but exponentially more control.

Yeah, but less punching people out during chess matches. (I assume, I ended up dropping it like 20 chapters in due to not having time to keep up with it and haven't gotten back around to reading the entire thing.)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Kojiro481 posted:

Chapter 112: Interesting conundrum: ditch high school girl because aspirations don’t match or change majors to stay with “the Only One”? In this manga—they’ll stay together. IRL, thanks for the memories… moving on.

Edit: Blastaar’s comment was funny on a couple levels.

Except she'd do the same thing whether she stays or goes to Tokyo. She's gonna learn patisserie either way, it's just that before she assumed she'd stay at home since the kinda school she'll go to is already closely available so there was no need to think about moving until now.

Well, yeah, the romance-manga trope is that each person in a couple has to decide where they're going after high school, and the "romantic" choice is to be together.

I get the impression, though, that in Japan Tokyo is the magnet for aspiring young people in a way that isn't necessarily the case in the US or in Europe (and I definitely get that impression about Seoul in Korea). As Nanoha points outs, she has a handful of school choices in her region, but exponentially more potential schools in Tokyo.

In other words, for people from the provinces, the choice is between staying near home and getting an OK education/professional preparation or going to Tokyo for the big(ger) time start in life. But in the US that "bigger time" might be New York, but it might also be Chicago, or LA, or any number of other places depending on an individual's ambitions.

Having spent time in both France and England, I'd add that it's pretty much the same with Paris and London. There's a very definite ''the capital vs the rest'' mindset. I guess it's more of a thing in smaller countries (in the geographical sense, not the population) .

I don't know that I'd call Japan or France small. Japan is about the same size as the entire west coast of the US. California takes up about half that area and if it were its own country, it'd still rank in the top 40 or 50 countries by territory. France is roughly the same size as Texas which is similar in size to California. The UK would be the best one for what you said, though it's still fairly close in size to France.

Japan-US Comparison
France-US Comparison
UK-US Comparison

Bonus comparison between all of Europe and the US:
Europe-US Comparison

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Doctor_Hoot posted:

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/772428
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts?user_id=81454

Spam

Maybe email verification or captcha could reduce the spam somewhat? But I'm guessing there's a reason why these haven't been used so far.

Removed them. As for why spam keeps happening, from what I recall in the past a lot of it is actually manually posted by people rather than bots.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Masina posted:

What seems to be missing in the current translation is that we are missing extra 1 and extra 2 which are in between 6 and 7. Extra 1 shows that Nanase got a new hair cut, and her friends do not really care so she wanted her hair to grow back ASAP. Yuni was there, and hit on Nanase and said that she absolutely loves Nanase's hairdo. That was how Nanase and Yuni started their relationship. Extra 2 shows that, while Yuni falls asleep in the room, Fuu was talking either to herself or Yuni or both; and to make the story short (you have to read it yourself), Fuuko is playing the long game, using whatever methods to sabotage Yuni's relationship with Nanase, and then keep Yuni all by herself. The game plan is to make Yuni forgets about Nanase bit by bit, like the caterpillar fungus.
There are places that even I could not realize util re-reading it for the third time. Fuuko actually was sexual harassing Yuni while they were both on the stairs in Chapter 1. Then in Chapter 8, she absolutely behaves like a sugar-mama. Providing Yuni the money to go on the Osaka trip, while at the same time sexually foundering Yuni in the classroom.
The one thing I feel is very important is in the last panel of the current issue (July 2022, issued in May) , who says "I love you very much" I think it is Yuni, which means that Fuuko's plan is working very well.
I hate to say this. .I still like Fuuko.

Mod edit: Added spoiler tags.

You need to use spoiler tags for content that isn't currently uploaded on Dynasty. For example: =/=Text goes here== (Without the "/" between the first two equals.) For more information on post formatting, see here.

As an addendum, rather than making several posts in a row, you should just go back and edit the one you already made.

last edited at Jun 9, 2022 7:51PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

shadesan posted:

Spam?
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts?user_id=61475
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts?user_id=59431
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts?user_id=63967
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts?user_id=58094
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts?user_id=81065

Removed them.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins posted:

Comment by Masina with un tagged spoilers: https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/18627-my-girlfriend-s-not-here-today-discussion?page=24#forum_post_787995

Looks like they've already edited in spoiler tags themself.

I mean, I might be blind, but I do not see any spoiler tags there. And there is discussion of chapters not currently on Dynasty (the two extras and chapter 8 - we are currently at chapter 6 on this site).

Ah, I see the issue. The forum jumped me to the wrong post. Rather than scrolling to the linked post, it scrolled me to this one instead. I'll deal with it soon, just need to read through things to try and get a grasp on which parts are spoilers since it's not a series I'm reading.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Alice Cheshire Moderator
Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

La duchesse de Pecquigny posted:

When you come out of the closet so hard you scare the shit out of your friend and make her drop the tableware, lol.

Well people are typically going to be startled if you jump out of the closet at them when they're not expecting it, lol.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Giftnova posted:

I don't believe there's any cause for people to dislike Madoromi so much. I think she's a great character.

She can be both a great character and also an unlikable character imo. She is great and well written, she's also super irritating and unlikable. bc she's supposed to be, i think

It's like Snape in the Harry Potter franchise. A great character but a really trash person. There's almost nothing to like about him as a person but he has some decent moments, even if many of those moments involve him being an unrepentant asshat.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Well Madoromi coming from a rich family that apparently spoiled her rotten explains a lot. Not that it makes her any more sympathizable in my opinion. At least she finally seems to be within sight of the path to not being such a trash person.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Akiji posted:

Help me out, people. My knowledge of astronomy and physics doesn't go far enough.

What's denser than a neutron star? I want to put a proper tag on Evie.

Once again: She's not dense, she's in denial. People really need to start reading the thread before posting seeing as discussion is kinda the entire point of a forum.

Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

xxcindybeexx posted:

Goth girl can easily pass off as her five o’clock shadowed uncle with a black permanent marker instead of girly makeup.

I’m not up on fashion so can someone tell me: Is Gothic a subset of grunge or is grunge a subset of gothic fashion?

Without being able to see the color of her clothes, I don't think we can say she's a goth. I think rock girl fits better.

I would say she is a rocker at least but probably more of a metalhead based of off the black widow album and how heavy it is

they say at the beginning that the girl...mitsuki? the clerk, dresses all in black. so with the black nails pretty sure she likes goth

While black nail polish is a stereotypically goth thing, it's also pretty common in several other scenes including punk. And while it was definitely less common in the past, there's some people who just wear black nail polish because they want to and aren't associated with any specific subculture or fashion style.

Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Faust posted:

Astraea Hill posted:

There are a lot of heavy rock / metal groups in Japan which also get quite a bit of attention internationally - ones that I like include:

Band Maid
Nemophila
Lovebites
Mary's Blood (though going on hiatus)
Mutant Monster
[...]

dule333 posted:

Given that we're talking about jp metal stuff, here's a dump of lesser known metal bands from jp i found over the years:
, Galneryus, Imperial Circus Dead Decadence, 5150, Denkare, Yousei Teikoku, Powerless/MuryokuP, UtsuP, Nocturnal Bloodlust, Matutinum Miserabilis, UI-70, まぐなむお~ぱす, Onmyo-za, Pearls Before Swine, Pizuya's Cell, Dragon Guardian, Yakui the Maid, Takamachi Walk, IRON ATTACK!, UNDEAD CORPORATION, i-chan, Unlucky Morpheus, Piece Of Rain, Vanitas Vanitatum, Caz, Diabolic Phantasma, Hone Your Sense, S.S.H
I tried to only put metal bands here, but some non-metal ones might have slipped by, also most of those are really hard to find. there are some pretty known ones tho. Some vocaloid stuff, some touhou stuff, some dead bands, sorted in no particular order, but most have at least something interesting to listen to.

Alice Chesire posted:
There's also Unlucky Morpheus, Aldious, and LOVEBITES which are all great bands I never seem to see mentioned in conversations like this. [...]

Idk anything about this topic but just thought I'd point it out, might make you feel glad to see two of the bands you like have received recognition from earlier posts :)

Good to know. Also I apparently need to relearn how to read seeing as I managed to miss those two getting mentioned, lol.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

pwcca posted:

literally describes Evie head to toe as her love interest
"must be some guy"
Like I can get the denseness as the main character should probably be dating boys like how it goes in real life but come on Evie.

As others have repeatedly pointed out: Evie is in denial, not being dense. She believes that she isn't a valid romance option for Elsa due to her knowledge of the game. In addition, she's afraid of the things she might have to do due to the villainess system.

last edited at May 9, 2022 8:18AM

Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

dule333 posted:

Given that we're talking about jp metal stuff, here's a dump of lesser known metal bands from jp i found over the years:
, Galneryus, Imperial Circus Dead Decadence, 5150, Denkare, Yousei Teikoku, Powerless/MuryokuP, UtsuP, Nocturnal Bloodlust, Matutinum Miserabilis, UI-70, まぐなむお~ぱす, Onmyo-za, Pearls Before Swine, Pizuya's Cell, Dragon Guardian, Yakui the Maid, Takamachi Walk, IRON ATTACK!, UNDEAD CORPORATION, i-chan, Unlucky Morpheus, Piece Of Rain, Vanitas Vanitatum, Caz, Diabolic Phantasma, Hone Your Sense, S.S.H
I tried to only put metal bands here, but some non-metal ones might have slipped by, also most of those are really hard to find. there are some pretty known ones tho. Some vocaloid stuff, some touhou stuff, some dead bands, sorted in no particular order, but most have at least something interesting to listen to.

There's also Unlucky Morpheus, Aldious, and LOVEBITES which are all great bands I never seem to see mentioned in conversations like this. exist†trace's older stuff was pretty decent but their newer stuff tends to be closer to pop due to their singer injuring her vocal cords. Also UtsuP is the best Vocaloid producer.

last edited at May 9, 2022 7:41AM

Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

ergzay posted:

Nitpick: 300 million yen isn't quite enough to not work for the rest of your life in a city and also pay for a second person for that same time period unless you also invest it. You also can't live extravagantly on that amount of money.

It's actually not that bad depending on where you live and how old you are. 300,000,000 yen is around $3,000,000usd. If I were to budget that for around 30 years (I'm currently 33 so that'd be until the age of 63, and considering my family's history for biological males that's actually overshooting things a bit) that'd be around $100,000 per year. I'd actually probably have trouble spending $100,000 in a single year since I'm fairly frugal for the most part. I'd be able to live rather comfortably on $50-60,000 pretty easily where I live. It wouldn't be anything particularly extravagant but it'd be enough for me to comfortably pay all my bills, buy all my necessities, and then pay for the things I want. And if you just dump that $3,000,000 in a savings account then that'd result in it taking even longer to burn through it all. It really depends on the person and cost of living in that person's area.