Forum › Posts by Yuri Guy

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

why they keep making anime out of not so good yuri manga when theres a lot of good manga that are both popular and for all ages for fuck sake

ikr? its nice to see Doga Kobo stepping up by adapting this manga. itll show other studios that good yuri manga like this one really can be successful.

Yuri Guy
Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

Since evidently there's a way to place anyone on a scale according to their degrees of sexual and romantic inclination, there's going to some term for where Yuu falls, but I suspect we don't have enough evidence to determine exactly where that will be quite yet.

I stand my ground that Yuu's Toukosexual.
(After all, we're all expecting her to end up with Touko, so it matters little to the story what her actual orientation is).

You’re certainly correct—at this point Yuu is a poster child for:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SingleTargetSexuality

But, understandably, people who feel underrepresented in culture are interested in finding figures they can identify with, and Yuu has had the potential to be one of those,

eeeh i wouldnt say yuu is is a poster child for single target sexuality. i dont think shes even had a "i dont like girls, i like touko" moment. shes just, again, not aware that you can slowly fall in love with someone. she simply never gave anyone enough time for any feelings to develop as she has always expected to be swept off her feet.

last edited at Jul 26, 2018 5:08AM

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

Also, in regard to the “Let me touch you!” “Not there!” scene:

So did things escalate quickly into Schlick City (almost impossible), was this a prelude to the haircut in some way, or something else?

yeah its supposed to be her getting her hair cut. you'll notice that scene happens immediately after indou moves the hair from in front of her eyes. ooba notices that when the hair is out of the way, indou is really cute so she gives her a hair cut.

Yuri Guy
Candy Trap discussion 21 Jul 05:37
Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

you can tell juri genuinely loves noa. really nice read!

Yuri Guy
Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

shes not asexual or aromantic. she just believes that romance happens like in shoujo manga where someone shows up and sweeps you off your feet and that it would happen to her like that. she gets confused about her feelings because that didnt happen between her and touko and she did not know that you could gradually come to love someone over time.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

its pretty interesting seeing everyone jump on nikaidou for being a cheating lying skank while ignoring the dead-fish eyes she had when she had to return home.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

its over RIP. im gonna miss this series.

Yuri Guy
Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

I'm losing my mind because of this page :D
https://i.imgur.com/BGZZCZ3.png
I found it on instagram, no tag that leads to the name of the manga, no clue, the author of the post says nothing.
The drawings remind me Nanzaki Iku works, but I browsed a lot of them and didn't found any matches.
Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Ichi Ni no 3P

its FFM threesome

Yuri Guy
Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

I don't know what is the disturbing twist. Sato murdering Shouko, or the total pedophile turn Sato and Shio's relationship just took.

it took until the latest releases for you to realize what kind of relationship they had? its been like that since the first chapter lol

Yuri Guy
Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

I just have an image of the manga that I'm searching:
(https://i.imgur.com/2VYIUvl.jpg?1)

Is it a lolicon? °-°)

yeah its part of https://dynasty-scans.com/anthologies/parfait_onee_loli_yuri_anthology

Yuri Guy
Candy Moon discussion 05 Jun 02:18
Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

actually it explains on the author page here lol

"The author of circle Peachpulsar (for commercial doujins) and Nightpulsar (for free webcomics)."

Yuri Guy
Candy Moon discussion 05 Jun 01:55
Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

nightpulsar is her nsfw label. or was it peachpulsar? i get the two mixed up.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

plot twist: the guy was actually telling the truth. she really did just fall and he just has a mean looking face.

Yuri Guy
Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

I'm seriously not sure where you got that conclusion from. If it is because of the whole, being special thing, then I just showed how it is wrong. But even if, she is in love with Reiichi, she chased after him for several years. She is married to him. She showed no interest in Uta, other than trying be a good sister-in-law and family. In order to reciprocate, she would actually need to either cheat on her husband or get a divorce with him and neither option seems likely at this point. She got worried to death about idea of him cheating with someone and she wants to confront him about it first. I don't see how she would suddenly jump to cheating on him instead. For all intents and purposes, she still loves him.

eh. shes hella insecure about her relationship with reiichi and like she said in the chapter before, she is seeing cracks in their relationship and shes realized that she doesnt really know him that much so i can see her cheating on him or breaking off their relationship. either way, shes gonna have to make a choice as uta has put kaoru in a position where she can no longer run away.

last edited at Jun 3, 2018 3:47AM

Yuri Guy
Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

Hello! Sorry to bother, it's been a long time since I've been here but I've been searching for a particular series, the details I recall are as such! There is a collective group of girls from different backgrounds(at least this is implied) living together within an alien dimension, in which there exists tall, fern-like spires and strange nightly phenomena that they are all familiar with. They go to school, no men seem to be present--they talk and explore different subjects, usually on sexuality and their thoughts on sexual habits themselves. If i remember correctly a mysterious and beautiful girl joins the group, and conflict arises. It's quite depressing overall, but it's sorta dear to me as something I read right now in a coming-of-age point. It's silly but does anyone know?

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/sakura_no_sono

Yuri Guy
Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

This manga is a goddamn masterpiece

Yuri Guy
Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

Kanker sores really can be that bad. And they last for ages sometimes. I get them fairly regularly, and if they are in a spot that is easy for food to touch, it makes eating so painful that it's better to just avoid it.

Personally, I'd be pretty upset if my girlfriend intentionally gave me a kanker sore just because she was afraid I wouldn't be constantly thinking about her. Not cool.

You realize she didn't actually have a canker sore in the first place, right?

I was under the impression that the wound on her mouth set up as a canker sore, and that's why it was so painful and lasted so long. In my experience, cuts on the lips and gums can easily become ulcerous.

Seriously? Could it be that there's a genetic/personal/environmental component to it as well? Cause I've bit/cut my lips more times than I can count and it has never developed into a canker sore

Could be. Truth is, no one reallly knows what causes canker sores.

last edited at Jun 1, 2018 7:53AM

Yuri Guy
Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

yall arent supposed to be looking so deep into it. she didnt know they were having sex because that was just bad writing. most likely, given the conflict introduced at the beginning with jinno wanting to be an adult, the author wanted her to look childish/innocent during that scene by making her react like that but failed horribly and made her look immature instead.

if she was so into it why did the author show her covering her face with tears? that feels like shame to me tbh.

you just described 99% of all reactions during sex in manga.

last edited at Jun 1, 2018 5:50AM

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

I literally just saw the article on Crunchyroll, and my thought was "Wait, doesn't this look familiar? Maybe something on Dynasty Reader?" Although the name here is different.

tsubakuma is the original title. Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru is the new title after switching magazines.

last edited at Apr 22, 2018 10:25PM

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

there is a physical english volume 1 (source: i own a copy). dunno why there isnt more. probs not gonna be a volume two after all this time. maybe it didnt sell well enough?

Yuri Guy
Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

It's not romantic love if there is no sexual acts. It would instead be platonic love by definition.

What.

dont you know? it doesnt count as yuri if the characters dont do some hardcore tribbing for 40 pages.

Yuri Guy
Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

its not strawberry shake. i remember the scandal happened at the very beginning (like in the first 2 or 3 pages) and seemed to be a drama?

Yuri Guy
Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

im looking for a manga about idols where one idol wants to be yuri but theyre like dont do it its gonna be a scandal
and then she yuris and theres a scandal, forcing her to quit. it is NOT scandal by gotou yuuki.

Yuri Guy
Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

Ok so that was depressing and made me cry

Maybe I am strange, that I did not find it depressing. In fact, in this day when love is bought and sold, and thrown away at the least convenience. I found it kind of uplifting, that cynicism is not so widespread we cannot believe in love that lasts forever, without ever being needy or desiring to burn out quickly.

Bittersweet maybe? But Grandma was happy with how it turned out, how can I then be sad?

the grandma most likely regrets the choice though. on page 29: "But there is most certainly a path with no regrets. I pray/that they will be granted the opportunity to take it."

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

why is everyone trying to find some deeper meaning in this? maybe she really does split in half and one eats the other and the author expects the reader to take it at face value.