Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

^that is a perfect post, username and avatar combo

HaxtonFale Uploader
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

I think the frustration is because Koyuki clearly has, or used to have, a massive crush on Konatsu.

And I think this is probably one of the biggest misunderstandings anyone has about this series. It's about loneliness, finding friends, and the massive anxiety of actually finding someone who wants to be your close friend but you don't really know for sure because it's a dumb question to ask and the possibility of being ridiculed in response is too terrifying and anyway people don't ask that sort of thing, right? You're supposed to ~know~.

I must admit I'm starting to get suspicious of Konatsu's almost morbid attachment to Koyuki. Last chapter she stated their connection was formed out of shared loneliness, but now she's arguing that even if she was to be surrounded by other people and not feel lonely, it would still amount to nothing without Koyuki there. Kinda getting harder to see it as mere friendship, so I want to see where the author takes things.

When making friends is hard, one real friend is worth a lot and you get attached. There's no guarantee that you'll find more friends after that, so instead you invest a lot into your actual friend.

last edited at Oct 27, 2019 11:44AM

HaxtonFale Uploader
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

For me, as someone working on this series, it seems to be a bit of a setup showing how awful a person Nozomi is, caring no more about the girls she adores so much than the aliens she's trying to beat. I am hoping to see it come back and bite her in the ass, and hopefully let her grow as a person. I feel bad for Moto-chan who couldn't see what sort of person Nozomi is.

Note: I do not have access to script or raws beyond the current chapter and the one I'm working on.

You get to be the king/queen of your fantasy harem troupe because nobody is trying to kill each other. Which is practically impossible in a real world setting because humans are complicated animals. What's the worst possible situation in a harem game/anime? Nice Boat end You get found out that you've been cheating. Why is that a big deal? Feelings. You just stomped all over whatever trust, love, and whatever emotions you two had built up over time because you couldn't keep it in your undergarment. Several outcomes can happen, but you will always lose that precious trust/credibility you've built up. And sometimes your head because one of your love interest is a yandere and you are a scum.

People can work in polyamorous relationships, though the key to that is communication and consent from all parties involved.

last edited at Jan 30, 2019 5:21AM

HaxtonFale Uploader
MOMIZI ROLL discussion 15 Jun 15:26
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

goddammit Zounose. It was supposed to be just about sweets, but no. There had to be human meat involved in the end.

HaxtonFale Uploader
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

Both Yamada and Kase-san at least want to move further, I can't remember if they actually did. Volume 3 (Okinawa trip, I think it was) shows their relationship isn't exactly platonic.

maybe you should taker a look at cherry blossoms chapters

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kase_san_ch24#11

As I said, I couldn't remember. Thanks for reminding me!

HaxtonFale Uploader
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

Both Yamada and Kase-san at least want to move further, I can't remember if they actually did. Volume 3 (Okinawa trip, I think it was) shows their relationship isn't exactly platonic.

HaxtonFale Uploader
Slow Start discussion 01 Feb 18:07
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

What a mother... They dialled that down in the anime at least.

HaxtonFale Uploader
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

What the heck is that thing ? Giant bug? Alien? Mode of transportation?

It's Shii's car! You can see it behind Ikura in the first chapter after she chases down Nozomi. It even has a license plate!

HaxtonFale Uploader
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

Still can't say I care for it, it's Tamamusi without all the things I like about Tamamusi. But I think it's starting to finally get to the point where it's making a small amount of sense.

So if I read this right, you've got a setup where the aliens end up playing cupid for yuri couples, and get game rewards if they're successful.

Disclaimer: even if I'm one of the scanlators, I haven't even seen the script past chapter 2, so all this is from what little you all should know as well.

This game dishes out points for "clearing" girls, which you do by inflicting damage.
Damage is counted based on whether you manage to increase their heart rate and/or temperature. As Nozomi herself realised, this is pretty damn arbitrary.
As such, playing cupid is one way of going about it, and that's how it worked out with Mayuu and Aoi - Mayuu was cleared when Aoi was confessed to. In the previous chapter, Moto-chan was cleared because Nozomi put her in a suggestive situation before groping.

One thing I'm a little lost on is the entire point economy. Apparently you gain points for clearing less rare girls, but then every attack costs points anyway? Ikura can top-up her account using Shii's money, but Nozomi has no such option. At the same time she cleared Moto-chan, so she should have gotten some rewards for that as well? Maybe it will get highlighted in more detail later, maybe not. It's probably not very consequential to the plot anyway...

last edited at Nov 22, 2017 12:41PM

HaxtonFale Uploader
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

The order of the pages is messed up
Cute story though.

?
Not really, it's all good.

Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

Norainhere posted:

I'm going to take the unpopular opinion here and say that I honestly don't mind whoever the main character ends up with, as long as it's written well and cute.

Still, the ending of the last chapter was pretty harsh, though I'm hoping they'll still be able to be friends again.

When you've read enough manga, you will guess that the ending of the last chapter was just for the sake of dramatic tension.

I can sense a bullshit justification coming for why she will stay in a relationship with him.

To borrow from comments elsewhere, one might suspect that those words are aimed at the female persona Itsuki, given that this was the main way in which they were in touch. If it were like that, I wouldn't really want to call it bullshit - Keitarou had to hear these words himself, too, given the scale of his lies and the amount of trust he abused.

HaxtonFale Uploader
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

As far as I can tell, the RSS feed is still accessible as I continue to use it.

HaxtonFale Uploader
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

So much onomatopoeia. I just imagine the scanlators looking through the doujin, making the Picard Facepalm, and thinking "MANGA Y R U LIEK DIS?"

This looks pretty normal tbh
I already started tuning most of SFX out while reading, and for translating it's often more of an issue that they represent super-specific actions for which there's no good English equivalent...

last edited at Jan 27, 2017 10:03AM

HaxtonFale Uploader
Syrupy Love discussion 08 Jan 05:35
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

Dodgy grammar doesn't help at all! It gets somewhat easier to understand on second pass, but yeah.

HaxtonFale Uploader
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

There's a few pointers, but it's not always easy to tell:
1. Sakuya has a braid, Alice doesn't
2. Sakuya has stockings, Alice has tights
Otherwise, it's just context. I felt it was pretty straightforward to deduce from the text.

HaxtonFale Uploader
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

It's sad that great works like this have virtually no chance of ever being adapted.

Huh? Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken, which started of as very rough 4koma sketches, already got two seasons. Komori-san wa Kotowarenai has an anime announced. I wouldn't be surprised to hear within the next few months that this or Ojojojo are getting an adaptation.

HaxtonFale Uploader
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

Am I the only that felt a change in tone in chapter 7? It suddenly became kind of melancholic and introspective

Well, it is Cool Kyoushinja. His stores tend to develop, an usually in interesting ways too.

HaxtonFale Uploader
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

I'm glad you like it!
There's a whole book of Koa-centric chapters, and I'll see if I can get it all translated.

Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

Not impossible, given it's Peko.

Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

I'm really appreciating all the Kantai doujns now. I want to play the game...

If you don't live in Japan, isn't there an online guide to getting past that to play it?

Try the kancolle Wikia, it has all the resources you need.

HaxtonFale Uploader
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

Why is this so goddamn cute? My heart can only handle so much!

HaxtonFale Uploader
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

Could we please get a handy link to a brief Markdown listing near the reply area? Doesn't matter if it's to a brand-new pop-up or to the already existing thread/post. Alternatively, a short note on the side, without a link/window. I don't post very often and it would be nice to not have to navigate to main forum and then to the thread to keep it open on the side.

HaxtonFale Uploader
yuricycle 03 Jan 14:58
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

Oh Lord, yes!
I ship Reo and Mai so hard, oh my God...

I'm not sure "ship" is the best term to use here, because it's easy to ship them when neither has a proper alternative, they're openly in love, have had sex on multiple occasions, and still aren't better than Shizuku x Eris.

HaxtonFale Uploader
yuricycle 03 Jan 06:35
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

This is from SonoHana, right? Just making sure after seeing Mai and Reo.

Yeah, Risa and Miya are the sixth canon couple, starting with Maidens of Michael. Translation never.

HaxtonFale Uploader
Anna_avatar_320
BunnyScans
joined Jul 28, 2011

Re-tagging is a given, there's no way to decently automate the process.

I realized I phrased that wrong.

There is a way yo give a default value to all the currently assigned tags. What would be impossible is to accurately assign correct values to all the current assignments.