Forum › Posts by Kawasa

Sylveon%20x%20glaceon%202
joined Mar 11, 2014

I think MC will lose, but in compensation, Nina will lose huge in popularity and it'll be really bad PR for her. Like being caught bullying a small kid.

Or at least a draw.

If Nina was anything less than the Devil herself, I'd agree with you, but with the stakes being what they are...with Fu-chan's future kind of hanging in the balance...I think Hana kind of has to win. Might be a sort of "discovering her inner power" situation, even if that power is just a reserve of fighting spirit beyond what she thought she had.

Kawasa
Yurumon discussion 25 Feb 01:54
joined Mar 11, 2014

OMG, there's an upload. Yes ~

We'll have 5.2 ready for upload tomorrow, hopefully. There are so many chapters out in Japanese that our personal schedules are pretty much all that limits the release rate...we'll try not to go another year without uploading!

Kawasa
joined Mar 11, 2014

Rereading for about the twentieth time...this is the best one-shot I've ever read. Hands down. Great idea, wonderfully executed. Perfect pace, great writing, and a really cute ending. As much as I like to see kisses, I think going any further detracts from the beauty of what we got here. It's still full-throttle, wonderful yuri just the way it is. Chalk me up as being glad there was no continuation!

joined Mar 11, 2014

First chapter was creepy and not really very funny. Second chapter was a lot better. This is the sort of thing where the creepiness at the start can be forgiven if later chapters add more context to it.

joined Mar 11, 2014

It was cute, but reading the above comments I understand why people wouldn't like it. A continuation would make it a lot better if it was done correctly.

I do honestly like this better than almost everything else Mochi does, though...the weirdo stuff doesn't sit too well with me, and this just feels more like a real, funny conversation than Mochi's other stuff.

joined Mar 11, 2014

Chapter 39 is out, and I'm running out of room for this goddamn chart.

Where can I read Chapter 39? I guess I could wait until it hits here, but I've been rereading and just caught up and am desperate to keep going...

joined Mar 11, 2014

That was really great art and a really sweet, amazing story. I usually don't read trans stuff just out of personal preference, but this one just feels so important and powerful...

joined Mar 11, 2014

Yeah, it really wasn't very good. And that's coming from a big fan of, you know, catfighting and wrestling and girls hitting each other in general...

The dialogue made very little sense, the story didn't flow at all (what with characters disappearing in the middle and there being very little context for any of it), and the art, while nice, was just about as jumbled and messy as the story and the dialogue. Would love to see something like this be handled by another artist.

last edited at Jul 9, 2019 12:55AM

Kawasa
Image Comments 07 Jan 22:51
joined Mar 11, 2014
Cn51tyauwaaz8-f-orig

Is there something beyond just two girls cutely brushing each other's teeth here? I suppose it's a meme or whatever, but is there additional context which makes people feel it's weird that I'm not aware of?

Kawasa
joined Mar 11, 2014

"Tsundere" Tag, anyone? It's Just me? Really? Okay.

Shouldn't it be? I'm shocked it's not on here already...seems like the type specimen for a tsundere story.

joined Mar 11, 2014

I think it's actually really cute and kind of unexpected when the yuri slips in. Even without it, it's just a super fun little premise.

joined Mar 11, 2014

I like it! I always feel like fighting is a great segue into yuri...so this is great for me...

joined Mar 11, 2014

There better already be, like, twenty more chapters ready to be translated...so cute.

Kawasa
joined Mar 11, 2014

Whenever I see this title I expect it to be about spanking, before remembering that it's totally not.

Damn it, I was so happy with this story and now you made me go and want so much more... >.<

Kawasa
joined Mar 11, 2014

I couldn't get past the fact that the mangaka doesn't seem to understand how static electricity works... You can't get bands that will do anything. People don't just randomly constantly build up static electricity.

I mean if we just think of it as "magic electricity" then sure it works but wish they hadn't tried to use physics they don't understand.

Don't you think that the bands are symbolic? They're like one of those "as seen on TV" products which bullshit you into buying them, but their purpose in the story isn't literal...when she wears both, they don't do anything to protect her, but when they each wear one, they don't get shocked.

Not because the bands physically did anything, but because the bands are symbols of their love overcoming difficulties.

Kawasa
Image Comments 12 Sep 02:35
joined Mar 11, 2014
63149351_p0

I was setting out to translate the hieroglyphics when I noticed the artist got them from Shutterstock...and, judging by the watermarks, didn't pay for them. >.>

joined Mar 11, 2014

Glad it's back, but yeah, this chapter was pretty rapey and Wakasa really acted poorly. Definitely hoping it doesn't go downhill from here.

joined Mar 11, 2014

I didn't read it, and I'm not planning to, so I can't really say for sure whether they're appropriate, but with words like "cry for help" and "what the hell" and "terrible" thrown around in the comments above me, it sounds like the story needs some sort of tag besides "School girl" and "Yuri."

Those were exageratted comments. There wasn't much in this doujin beside "I'm afraid one of us will die someday". They just love each other so much that they don't want to think about the other disappearing, what is pretty normal.
The strangling part was weird, but the character herself said it so, and it wasn't really violent, so whatever.
Pretty much just cute yuri as always.

Fair enough. It still seems that there could be a tag for low-level weird stuff, since the initial reactions here did all seem to be a little concerned about it, but I guess the discussion here does an alright job of warning those who wouldn't be interested away.

joined Mar 11, 2014

Kawasa posted:

Someone get the proper tags on this, and fast.

You can do it using suggesting tag option 8D

I mean, I didn't read it, so it wouldn't be appropriate for me to suggest them...

With a title like that, I was suspicious of the lack of "Depressing" or "Aaaaangst" or "What the fuck am I reading?" tags and came here to the comments before I read. Glad I did, because I can avoid it like the plague. Plenty of depressing stories are well-written, but I really just want to read cute, sweet love stories. Someone get the proper tags on this, and fast.

No, the absence of those tags is appropriate imo. It was a kinda morbid (but taken somewhat lightly) conversation between them, it's not like anything really happened

I didn't read it, and I'm not planning to, so I can't really say for sure whether they're appropriate, but with words like "cry for help" and "what the hell" and "terrible" thrown around in the comments above me, it sounds like the story needs some sort of tag besides "School girl" and "Yuri."

last edited at Jun 15, 2017 8:05PM

joined Mar 11, 2014

With a title like that, I was suspicious of the lack of "Depressing" or "Aaaaangst" or "What the fuck am I reading?" tags and came here to the comments before I read. Glad I did, because I can avoid it like the plague. Plenty of depressing stories are well-written, but I really just want to read cute, sweet love stories. Someone get the proper tags on this, and fast.

joined Mar 11, 2014

Drama is a good start with the tags, but we need a special tag just for endings like this crap one...something that won't necessarily spoil the ending for those who don't focus on the tag, but will send a signal to the initiated to steer clear of it.

Something like a "Sucky and Awful" tag would probably suffice.

joined Mar 11, 2014

Okay, seriously, can someone make sure that shit like this ending is tagged with something before I read it? :P

I mean, I'm going along, loving the art style, and it's so cute...and then that happens. And now I feel like crap. I can't handle the Drama ones and avoid those, and I can't handle bad ends like this one. I want a little bit of struggle that is resolved quickly and everyone lives happily and yurily ever after...uuuuuuugh.

joined Mar 11, 2014

While I'm definitely glad that it wasn't overly dark and dramatic like most amnesia stories...it still is kind of sad to me. Thinking about someone losing three years of their life like that, and a whole relationship to boot, really bums me out, even when it is played for laughs...

I'm sorry, I really don't mean to ruin the adorable yuri with my moping. But I hope that she gets her memories back eventually.

last edited at Aug 28, 2016 3:50AM

Kawasa
Yurumon discussion 16 Aug 09:55
joined Mar 11, 2014

Good job, guys! Great to see more of this translated.

Always love how a Squirtle can KO a giant rock snake by spewing at it.

Thanks! I'm glad it looks good, since we'd never done this before. Do you know how I can ask to get the letters removed at the ends of the page numbers? Those were mostly just a thing we used during the scanlation process (denoting different versions of the page) that I stupidly left in. :P

last edited at Aug 16, 2016 9:55AM

Kawasa
Yurumon discussion 24 Jul 01:15
joined Mar 11, 2014

A friend and I translated and edited chapter four of this (him translating, me adding it all in), but I don't really have any idea where we would upload it, since we'd never really done a scanlation before.