Forum › Posts by Ehhhhhhh

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

There's also Reverse Harems (girl has guys that revolve around her, not sure if there's a better name),

Urgh, the name "reverse harem" makes me shudder and feel gross. Because a woman is not the "reverse" of a man, and anyway, the literal name implies it's the reverse of a harem which is ... monogamy? No relationships?

Not your fault there's no better name, I just resent whoever came up with it in the first place.
I try to call them female-led harem. To avoid the icky feeling.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I don’t understand the mentality of someone who reads a harem series and doesn’t want it to end with a polycule.
Do they just enjoy watching half the characters get their hearts broken or something? I’m genuinely curious what they get out of it.
(Obviously not everything has to be polyam, but it’s really underrepresented in media, so I’d like to see more of it and harem series are pretty much halfway there already so,)

When you watch a sport tournament then you know that everyone but the winner is gonna be sad about it

But that's not why you watch it

This kinda highlights a key difference between a polyam mindset and a mono one. The idea that love is competitive, exclusive and finite. In our case everyone can be a winner, there are no losers and instead of divisive, love is multiplicative and only grows when shared among more people.

That's the ideal of course and relationships are never that easy/clear cut but on a fundamental level that's how it feels

What a weird sort of accidental insult.
There's no "right" way to do love. It's not so much about it being a competition (the sports analogy is only an analogy, after all, it's not a one-to-one comparison between a romance and a sports comp) as it is about not having to share.
Weirdly enough, time is finite. And time is one of the most important elements to having a relationship. If you're cool with less time with a loved one, fair enough, but it doesn't have to be a "mindset" for it not to work for most people.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Aw, so she doesn't have girl-attracting superpowers?
I love the idea that she just goes around accidentally flirting with everyone though - good job.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

35/25? Soft
And I've never slept with an air conditioner on.
Although I suppose we do have ceiling fans instead. I don't see that they do.

last edited at Jul 3, 2022 10:25AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

That is some boomer taste in music she has.

Uhh ... not sure if that was just a joke, or you don't know what a boomer is.
This is all very definitively not boomer music...

Ehhhhhhh
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Her surprise makes me think she forgot what kind of demon Shamiko is.
This is how you use your powers to their fullest, girl.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I agree with most of what’s in last few posts… really to me so far the mentions are all stuff that is in the 25-30 years ago era.. it’s radio rock.. my mind would almost but not be blown if stuff like Boris, melt banana, the boredoms or even guitar wolf showed up.. but.. I doubt it..,

You're making me feel old. Was I 5 when some of these songs came out?
Song 2 was exactly 25 years, so yes, I am old.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I had thought she was going to say yes to the first girl who asked, but I guess that is too easy.
She's been charmed by too many girls already, like they've been charmed by her.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Not qualified? Oh well, time to strip them off.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

So jealous of invisible women. They look good in everything (or nothing).

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

^ Right after writing this bs, he insulted the mods and got banned. All's well that ends well.

Super weird thing to do, come into chapter 8 and go "ya'll hate this too right?"
Where'd the huge amount of posts come from? Spam? Hacked?

Ehhhhhhh
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I really do love that one of the most messed up things about Sorawo is that she has no idea how messed up she really is.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Maybe it's stupid and I don't know if this has already been said or noticed, or if I'm the first but ... every girl, or romantic interest of the protagonist, corresponds to the 5 senses. We have the blond senpai who is smell, then we have hearing, touch and taste. I have not yet understood who the sense of sight should be and why but probably the teacher?

I find it incredibly funny that you made an account for your first ever post to be ... something that has definitely been said before.
I mean, I know you said it may have been said before, but ... you could glance back through the pages of comments before making your debut, at least, lol.

Edited to say:
I'm also not sure what it is about this manga that makes absolutely everyone who says this think they are the first/only one to notice it. Is it a joke at this point? I literally can't tell if they are serious or trolling.

last edited at Jun 20, 2022 9:04AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I'd insist she go get some psychological help

Yeah, people don't do that in Japan. They should. But they don't.

Yeah, definitely that about Japanese culture. But the other part is just refusing to negotiate at all with a family member for your time - at least met at a cafe or something.
But also also, she's just a teenager. This is way too much family drama for her to be able to calmly deal with.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Why can't they be sisters, though? Adopted sisters are a thing, and that's basically this situation. You became a family, now you need each other like family, just start calling her your sister to everyone else and there, it's official.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Hmm. Maybe it's my western, non-rich culture, maybe it's my deep love for family, but I would never just ignore my clearly unhinged aunt like that. I'd insist she go get some psychological help and try to see her sometimes.

That's of course leaving out the fact that this broken woman is just going to cause more trouble in the future if left alone with no treatment for her issues.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Ohhhh, she hasn't shown much interest in guys.
That's really gonna soften the blow when she finds out she was never interested in men at all.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

This is the yuri version of The World God Only Knows, and I'm here for it

The World God Only Knows but with lesbians, I dig it.

Baha, I wrote my comment before reading through everyone else's. Great minds think alike.

last edited at Jun 12, 2022 1:59AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Oh, it seems to have started quite innocently. Can't wait to see where the mental break happened with the real world.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Ohhhh, we're beginning to see where she received her "rules" of pure yuri that she can't escape.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Getting back into creepy territory.
I half expect her to go full yandere and actually attack the boy.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Oh no, two conflicting wishes. The declaration of love will likely "destroy" something in the perfect fantasy world Watanabe is in.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

This is big brain shit. I totally want more.

Agreed

Also, what's with the people complaining about the random bdsm? It's because kouhai is experimenting to see what the emotions-girl likes.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Heeeeey, what's with the 20-something age jokes making me feel bad for being older than that? My memory and my anime nerd-cred are all just fine, thank you.

Also, when Ai said I don't care if you have a deadline today...
I was kind of expecting that to go elsewhere. Mind in the gutter. I should have known Ai thinks of talking and fangirling as the most intimate thing she can do.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Lol. The power of boobs.
... Just having had a breast reduction, I no longer feel solidarity with Hana.
Part of the women-with-proportionally-sized-boobs party now.