OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

me, i have 2 favorites.. Amano Shuninta and Takemiya Jin

Those two as well as Akiko and Miruku.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Currently, Shou Higashiyama.

Can't wait for the next chapter of Stretch, due today (though it's not yuri (yet))

But mostly, I don't tie my favorites to a genre. I've been moved to tears by "Bokura no hentai" and it's not even yuri.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Otsu Hiyori is my all-time favorite yuri mangaka.

Nishi Uko, Suga Atsushi, Morishima Akiko, and Kazuma Kowo

Though Nya, I have realized a number of my favorite non-yuri authors are tied to a single series most of the time.

last edited at May 6, 2015 7:37AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Currently, Shou Higashiyama.

Can't wait for the next chapter of Stretch, due today (though it's not yuri (yet))

But mostly, I don't tie my favorites to a genre. I've been moved to tears by "Bokura no hentai" and it's not even yuri.

x2 and 'the only yuri' is kind of limiting when it comes to exploring human relations.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Well, your favorite yuri mangaka doesn't have to be your favorite mangaka in general, right? She probably just wants some good yuri mangaka.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

True story.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

SOFTCHARM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

SOFTCHARM

You know, this doesn't suprise me. But I wish it did.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Don't you ever sleep?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Sleeping is for scrubs. That's what I heard at least.

I'd like to add Mira to my list. Only h artist that makes me genuinly happy to see a new manga by her.
I wouldn't recommend reading Mira to the OP it though. Innocence and all that.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Anyway, there're so many mangaka that I like, for various different reasons, that I can hardly rank them.

The first one I idolized was Rumiko Takahashi, because I fell in love with Kyôko from Maison Ikkoku.

last edited at May 6, 2015 8:34AM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I'm with Random Reader, Otsu Hiyori will always be my favorite.

Actually, when it comes to authors, those who do yuri are the only ones I can tell I like or dislike. For the other ones, I don't know enough of their work to really have an opinion

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

I miss seeing her work. I think she's working on a series right now but I would like to see new stories from her. *tear

Actually, when it comes to authors, those who do yuri are the only ones I can tell I like or dislike. For the other ones, I don't know enough of their work to really have an opinion

HA! And I'm the same! Yuri authors, eeeasy. Non-yuri authors... huh??

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Non-yuri authors? definitely Okabe Uru (Sekai Oni), Kaneshiro Muneyuki (Kami-sama no Iutoori and Kami-sama no Iutoori Ni), Murata Shinya (Arachnid and Caterpillar), Satou Kentaro (Mahou Shoujo of the End and Mahou Shoujo Site), Kuraishi Yuu (Apocalypse no Toride), there's some others I really like but didn't read all their mangas yet, so didn't put their names here.

last edited at May 6, 2015 9:32AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I haven't really thought about it, a lot of the mangakas have really hit or miss to me
But if i look statistically to the ones that ended up making more works that i liked, then i THINK it would be Amagakure Gido and Rokuroichi

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

You're awfully limiting your range of authors.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Favorite non yuri mangakas would probably be Yasunobu Yamauchi (aka Bombergrape; at least his official works are non-yuri), Keiichi Arawi (only read Nichijou), Eiji Nanoka (only read Cromartie), Kiyohiko Azuma (Yutsuba& and Azumanga Daioh) and Eiichiro Oda (only read One Piece) for me.

So yeah,

is totally true.

last edited at May 6, 2015 9:38AM

joined Jan 30, 2013

I cannot believe this thread has gone on for 20 posts and no one has mentioned Morinaga Milk. I'm disappointed in you people.
Kigi Tatsumi, Yotsuhara Furiko and Fujio also rank up pretty high on my list.

I miss seeing her work. I think she's working on a series right now but I would like to see new stories from her. *tear

Me too. Although a scanlated new series by her would be pretty darn awesome.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I cannot believe this thread has gone on for 20 posts and no one has mentioned Morinaga Milk.

I totally mentioned her.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Also Minase Ruruu, there's too many to remember, like Bombergrape and VISIONNERZ that I forgot to mention before for example.

last edited at May 6, 2015 9:45AM

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Hmm
Morinaga Milk
Amano Shuninta
Takemija Jin
Namori
Morishima Akiko

I don't know about non yuri ones, I've never learned the names cos I don't read much non yuri, oh I know,the guy? who made mahou shoujo of the end and mahou shoujo site. Satou Kentarou-sensei

I'd say Naoko Takeuchi even if I just read Sailor Moon saga.

For Doujinshis Ooshima Toomo

The one who made Franken Fran, whoever he/she is, that manga is awesome.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

No one mentioning Nanzaki Iku and Saida Nika? All yuri author mentioned are on my favorite list, manga or doujin almost all yuri authors are on my list, even some with few releases like Ono Hiroki...

It would be easier to ask for favorite Non-yuri, because all the best authors that are here on Dynasty will be said by someone with time...

last edited at May 6, 2015 10:02AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.