Forum › Remembrance of Arcadia discussion

Heheee
joined Feb 27, 2020

Uggghhh, my heart T~T

joined Apr 16, 2022

Ultimately, this chapter is the part of Yatosaki Haru's Arcadia series that sticks with me the most. While I like happy endings too, this short story of a girl's weakness and selfishness causing her to permanently destroy her relationship with the one she loves is quite rare in fiction despite how depressingly common it often is in real life. While we know from elsewhere that Ao-chan eventually does build a happy life for herself, one can't help but wonder if she might've been happier had she managed to hold onto Tsutsuji (of course, who knows what would've happened to Kotoko in that case). It's a very bittersweet story that only becomes all the more poignant due to Yatosaki's signature dreamlike style. I love it!

joined Aug 30, 2023

While we know from elsewhere that Ao-chan eventually does build a happy life for herself, one can't help but wonder

Care to elaborate? What "elsewhere" is this?

joined Apr 16, 2022

While we know from elsewhere that Ao-chan eventually does build a happy life for herself, one can't help but wonder

Care to elaborate? What "elsewhere" is this?

We see a brief glimpse of her as a television personality in another Arcadia chapter, but also I strongly suspect that she's the mother of Yuu in Ami-chan's Diary for reasons I expound on in this comment.

Nico%204
joined May 26, 2015

I think Aoi is just the celebrity Ami sees on TV talking about keeping a diary in chapter 5 (which appears to be what inspired her to start her own).

Yuu's mom looks way too different from what I think Aoi would look like when she's older, in my opinion.

I could be wrong though, who knows. We'll only know for sure if there's ever any kind of official confirmation.

To reply you must either login or sign up.