ForumNews Isya (434notfound) to officially provide English translations with Yuri-ism's help

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

If your favourite mangaka was officially releasing original doujin in English, what would you prefer buying:
Digital or Physical copies?
(Any reason explaining this preference?)

Digital all the way for me, since that's my preferred reading method. Takes up so much less space, my device is just the right size for reading manga, and no chance of damage like with a physical copy. Good all around.

Same here as my bookshelf is already full.
What device do you use to read them?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

If your favourite mangaka was officially releasing original doujin in English, what would you prefer buying:

Digital all the way for me, since that's my preferred reading method. Takes up so much less space, my device is just the right size for reading manga, and no chance of damage like with a physical copy. Good all around.

Same here as my bookshelf is already full.
What device do you use to read them?

Comic Zeal on the iPad. Works great, although for some reason the pages in one of the chapters of Cross Heart read out of order. Everything else is perfect.

Cat9
joined Dec 30, 2014

We'll see how we'll integrate that when it's finally available.

Later rather than sooner?

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Comic Zeal on the iPad. Works great, although for some reason the pages in one of the chapters of Cross Heart read out of order. Everything else is perfect.

Extract the archive and check the file names. Comic Zeal orders files differently sometimes when it comes to numbers or special characters.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

We'll see how we'll integrate that when it's finally available.

Later rather than sooner?

The answer is always later/soon™ rather than sooner.

Cat9
joined Dec 30, 2014

^ Don't tell me.

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Digital. If I have both a paper and digital copy of a book, I'll read the digital.

last edited at Jan 11, 2015 3:05PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I like physical copies better. I'm still a student so I don't buy much but one day, I will have lots of bookshelves with a lot of manga on it =D

I don't know why, maybe for some kind of collection purpose

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I prefer the physical copies, and I probably always will, even after I finally get a reader or pad. I like holding the book in my hand, and will read the physical copy in preference to the digital. And if I want to read in bed, it's a pain to bring the computer with me. (Of course when I get a reader, which I'm sure I eventually will, it will surely be much easier to use in bed then a laptop.) And if I want to read in the bath... It's been a long time since I read in the bath, but I once dropped a book in the tub (it didn't completely submerge); it suffered some, but not a lot of, water damage. If it were a reader, there goes an expensive machine (no I don't think I would ever use a reader in the tub).

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

Ha?
Did she close her twitter account?

joined Jan 23, 2015

wow thats fucking awesome! i just recently got a job too, so i'll be sure to buy them :D

Dnasty
joined May 14, 2013

I prefer both. I'd be all up for buying everything anyhow. w

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I notice last comment on this thread is over a year ago. How did it turn out? Is "The Rules of Zero" one of the doujins involved? it's pretty good.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I notice last comment on this thread is over a year ago. How did it turn out? Is "The Rules of Zero" one of the doujins involved? it's pretty good.

I have good news in the very near future!

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Aaaand that is some good topic excavation. Or even gravedigging at this point.

To think that I read the entire topic thinking it was a "news" I missed and then I took a look at the date of the posts; I got tricked .-.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Aaaand that is some good topic excavation. Or even gravedigging at this point.

To think that I read the entire topic thinking it was a "news" I missed and then I took a look at the date of the posts; I got tricked .-.

Well, I can't tell you that Rule of Zero will be out on, say, Monday, but I can say that the story's been in quality check, and about a month ago Isya tweeted out a screenshot of some QC notes with a screenshot of an English page of RoZ. But I would imagine from what I've seen that it should be coming out in the very near future

last edited at Apr 10, 2017 1:17AM

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

https://yuri-ism.com/2017/04/04/release-501-five-years-of-yuri-ism/

Lastly, Isya’s original series will be out this month. I still don’t have a date yet, but I have submitted the required materials for publishing. So perhaps as early as later this week? Isya has worked really hard on this one. The later chapters will be Isya’s first time doing fully uncensored works, along with delicious full color bits!

To reply you must either login or sign up.