Forum › The Amazing Magic Only You Possess discussion

The Master Mind
Dr.%20y's%20surprised%20subject%202
joined May 22, 2020

I am befuddled.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

I'll be real? Still one of my favorites ever. Still gives me bitter sweet but fluffy feelings.

joined Mar 28, 2021

sequel where she turns human??

Areyougonnatouchem-17sq
joined Jan 27, 2019

From the Goddess's lines, I would think that Lappi didn't have an existence as a human or anything like that prior to having her soul put in the plushie — that the Goddess created her for that purpose. (Otherwise she'd be released back into samsara to be reincarnated rather than just joining with the Goddess.)

I agree that there are a lot of parallels that can be drawn to disability or to asexuality. Not that it's necessarily a direct allegory, but that the analogy is there to be seen. It's really very sweet.

(And that's kinda why I think it'd be a mistake to have a sequel where Lappi turns into a human. Megu says she still has her magic — but she's already said what that magic is: it's love. It's enough, because it has to be enough.)

What's the word for what was done in creating Lappi, by the way? "Incarnated" implies flesh, as its root is "carne", Latin for meat. Was she inlanated? ("Lana" -> "Wool").

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

This is incredible

asteriskybusiness
Furude
joined Jan 8, 2023

One of my favourite stories, there's so much love in it and it's great to see a story that truly feels adult, all these emotions about not being the person you used to be, worrying about the future, wanting to be someone's family, it's fantastic.

Images
joined Jul 16, 2022

deadass one of my all time favourite oneshots.. i love how it takes its fairly silly premise completely seriously and as a result it gets me emotionally every single time

To reply you must either login or sign up.