Forum › Posts by earwig

Images
joined Jul 16, 2022

i looooved this one even if its pretty messy.. i think a lot of the time ppl on here want trans manga to be like.. perfect, uncomplicated, and never "get it wrong".. this idea that if a character is going to be sympathetic they have to instantly understand the viewpoint of its trans protagonists and treat them with flawless kindness is um. like im trans and this has never happened to me. a comic where everyone has these ugly initial reactions or subconscious thoughts or (re: kashiwa planning to full on disappear) valid frustrations reads a lot more emotionally honest than one where everything gets tied up and nobody thinks anything weird ever again.. like theyre all either children or in their mid 20s! of course theyre stupid! of course nothing is that easy, of course money is an issue.. dont want my second ever comment on here to start a big argument so ill say, this is just my point of view/personal tastes in fiction lol.. i'll just say, IMO i dont think the goal of queer art should ever just be educating a non-queer audience on the correct way to think, bc our lives are complicated and messy and beautiful and sometimes horrible and telling our own stories means telling all our own stories, even if they are hard to swallow
uh im not saying kyou kara yonshimai is like truly great art or anything, just i enjoyed it a lot even if its kinda stupid sometimes :)

Images
joined Jul 16, 2022

deadass one of my all time favourite oneshots.. i love how it takes its fairly silly premise completely seriously and as a result it gets me emotionally every single time