Forum › Arknights!

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Another reason to be excited for Halloween: 24 hours of W x Amiya

joined Apr 30, 2020

Ex stages cleared! Ex-6 was the hardest for me. Spent quite an amount of sanity just to clear challenge mode. The early rush was hard. I think it's also cause I was spawn camping and there's quite a bit of timing with Ash and Eunectes' stun skills. With Ash, sometimes she targets something else due to priority so I have to time when the air units are not in range. With Eunectes, sometime ends up blocking and thus stunning the wrong enemy. Regardless, I am really glad @random told me about the effectiveness of stun. Many thanks. Due to this, ex-7 and ex-8 were a cakewalk for me.

As for the 24 h W x Amiya Halloween, my favourite art pieces: giving candies, surprise!, Amiya topping, petplay, vampire W about to bite or perhaps a kiss

joined Jul 26, 2016

Finally got Skalter, only took... 149 pulls?! Yikes. That was F in chat for a LOT of assorted resources given I had to fall back to Originium Shard shenanigans in base in the end...

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Sorry I tried again and uninstalled yet again. No time (or motivation) for Arknights it seems. Maybe again in a few more months. :(

joined Apr 30, 2020

I'm hoping you all get better luck for Summer Ch'en. I also have to prepare myself for the 300 roll spark if last year is anything to go by.

Anyway CC time. Not really that hyped for the stages themselves but I know I will instantly get the Blue Poison skin. Gosh she's so pretty. Glaucus is one lucky slug.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Managed to pull Hot Antelope Onee-san steponmepls as my guaranteed 5*+ for this banner, always nice when that happens. ・ω・)v

Would sorta like to get her lil' sis one day too simply because those obelisk shenanigans are funny but oh well...

Also Bena's kit looks quirky as all Hell so naturally I'll have to at least E1LMax her ASAP >_>

joined Apr 30, 2020

^Congrats!

I'm really skipping banners until Summer Ch'en. I do kinda want Indigo and Kirara but I will have to resist. Just gonna hope they spook me some day.

Oh yeah new characters revealed for CN for the Kjerag event.

Welfare op 5 star Kjera who is same archetype as Click

5 star Aurora who is same archetype as Eunectes... Something about this archetype having skimpy outfits and THICC thighs

joined Apr 30, 2020

I didn't really invest in a lot of defenders, so I felt like I can't really pull it off and was also annoyed I can't give them chance to shine. Was thinking Eunectes would be perfect here, but didn't invest in her yet and didn't have luck in fishing for her in support. By the end of it, turns out outside of Blemishine and Mudrock, I didn't really need other defenders. Mudrock and Ceobe easily handled left side on their own, leaving me a lot of leeway to handle right one.

This made me realize I did not post about my risk 18 clear with Eunectes. I also used a Defender/Caster core and I had more fun with it being able to use the THICC snek to take out the Bladehelm and the Archer Knight on the right side (as in I was able to activate her skill twice). I did have Ash there to help too. Meanwhile my left side was Mudrock and the BBQ pair.

Also finally decided I don't feel like playing FGO anyway and gacha games are way too time consuming for how frustrating playing them can be, so I'm now a dedicated AK player. AK is generous enough and doesn't waste my time nearly as much, so I stuck to it and in fact unlike with other gacha I played I genuinely enjoy gameplay and recently had a blast redoing some of my old autos, so I'm definitely not quitting it anytime soon and if I do, that's the last gacha or gacha-like game I'll ever play. It's funny how back then I needed entire team to kill Patriot and now I managed to do it with just 4 operators xD Not even using the typical ones.

Glad you're liberated from one gacha hell. Well, if you don't mind my 2 cents, don't let yourself feel obligated towards a game. As long as you're still having fun, which you did say you are enjoying Arknights, then it's all good.

joined Apr 30, 2020

Wow those skill timings! That TW-7 had a bit risky play there at the end with the two shamans. Must have taken a while to get the timings right. Good job!

Personally like the TW-6 run with Guard Amiya with skill 2. Fancy.

I just enjoy these short events as a break. Interlocking Competition is coming up and the gimmick there might be to your enjoyment. But anyway, I also consider it more time to save and prepare for Summer Ch'en. Damn I can't wait. Been listening to her song to hype myself up.

joined Apr 30, 2020

I saw a bit about it, but I'm not sure. It's some kind of tournament? We play against other players? Couldn't really figure out how it works exactly.

Ah no. Despite the name, there is no multiplayer aspect. The gimmick is that in the non-farming stages, you can only use your ops once per stage aka you can't use the same ops in every stage. Then in the last stage, there will be extra enemies and also cannot use ops used in the previous stages. I hope I got that right.

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

Ok, I'm confused. When Darknights' Memoir Rerun ended we could play it in terminal immediately and I didn't have to do anything. Hell I could play The Walk in The Park as well. But now that Twilight of Wolumonde ended we can't play it?

Fairly certain you have to wait out the 3 days of item pickup, same for the other events you mentioned.

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

shadow8321 posted:

Fairly certain you have to wait out the 3 days of item pickup

What item? I have 2 of that Event Crystal and never once needed to use it. When they introduced it I had all 5 events unlocked already without spending it once.

I believe you're referring to the Information Fragments, which have nothing to do with this. What I was originally talking about is the interval of 3 to 7 days after every event for people to pick up event rewards or buy from the event shop. Have to wait that out (less than 4 days left in this case) for ToW to be available in the Side Story tab.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I haven't quit but I'm definitely burned out. The gacha has treated me horrendously for so long, I don't see the point of playing anymore.
The only new OP I've got since I left for college was ex wife. I just got Blaze on the Sutr banner, yeah, NOW I FECKING GET HER. That's why I'm extremely salty with AK rn.
I've done bare minimum but did get the freebie OPs at least. It's not like I got anything to use the materials on except random E2s and random masteries ¯_(ツ)_/¯

joined Apr 30, 2020

^It's okay Rye. Don't take it too hard. If you do keep playing, I do wish you luck that you get characters to you want. Congrats on getting Blaze tho.

New event is out! Haven't started yet since I still want to farm for mats which apparently do not drop from this event. Apparently a one and done event so I will just allocate the time for it on the weekend.

joined Apr 30, 2020

This event really tests how many ops one has owned and leveled. I realized I cannot even borrow any support other than Pallas so I cannot compensate for ops I didn't have. It was fun tho but I can see this being very hard. I'm actually glad I had April leveled to help against Frostnova. I do feel like I need more Arts Guards leveled like Astesia and Ayerscape. Maybe even more Snipers since that was my most used class in this event. All that's left for me now is to farm the currency this weekend then afterwards I can focus on mats for the Dossoles event ops.

joined Apr 30, 2020

I spend 5 days and way too much irl sanity trying to beat FIN-TS with all garrisons using only 5 stars and smallest squad possible, but after like over hundred attempts, countless tweaks and different approaches I finally managed to do it. I wasted good 3 days trying to make Caster Amiya with S2 work (helped by Warfarin buff), but it just was too hard to control and time it whenever I needed it the most. Like 1 or 2 times was easy enough, but I needed to trigger it consistently like 4 times. I thought I needed that arts dmg, but turned out I had enough dmg as is as long as I timed my skills properly. Really liked the way I used Elysium for his S2. Allowed me to replace both Meteorite's def debuff and Istina's constant slow. Also finally decided to move my lazy ass and actually edited a proper thumbnail.

Wow you make it look easy! Also greatly appreciate the Shadow of the Colossus music. Awesome job.

Also Second Anniversary Site is here and seems like in order to get in-game bonuses we need to do stuff on it?

There's supposed to be a minigame too (cake decorating) but I couldn't access it. All I was able to do was login in that site (using the account I use to login in AK) then do the interview one for the rewards. Simple enough: just read through the interview and choose something at the end.

Also, Arknights JP Livestream waiting room is up.

joined Jul 26, 2016

There's supposed to be a minigame too (cake decorating) but I couldn't access it.

Just need to login to that page separately using any of the external bindings to your game acc (FB, Twitter, Yostar acc etc.). The FB signup kept spitting gateway errors at me tho so I had to go and bind Twitter too.

last edited at Jan 6, 2022 11:36AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

I did it just now and also clicked share to do my duty of helping getting all the rewards (it seems you don't actually need to tweet anything, just clicking on share triggers reward already)

That's the norm for these kinds of things, I've seen it with any number of similar campaigns in other games too. Guessing the practical technical reason is simply that the company pages can't "follow" the link you click past opening the social-media sharing interface screens and just have to take it in blind faith that you do anything more with it.

...I admit to taking certain perverse pleasure in not doing so because I kinda loathe the whole modern social media phenomenom and only use it opportunistically for this sort of stuff. >:v

joined Jul 26, 2016

Then again considering how much they can spy on us using cookies and what not, you'd think making sure you actually tweet after clicking share button wouldn't be too hard.

I figure Twitter and FB et al aren't keen on letting anyone ELSE harvest marketable data on their users and flatly stonewall external prying attempts. And really, it's not like the game companies have any reason to make a fuss about it - the majority of users are just going to share the stuff without a second thought like they do with everything else anyway. Grognards like Yours Truly are an irrelevant rounding error.

joined Apr 30, 2020

New from JP livestream:

Dossoles event drops on January 14! A bit sooner than I was expecting. Sadly no announcement for Eyja, Tomimi, and Angelina skins so they really will be only in the shop during the Gavial event rerun which will probably be after Dossoles.

Sora sings in her 3D model!. Her character song will also be on sale.

joined Apr 30, 2020

YES THANK YOU RNG. I would still roll for 4 more copies tho. Instant E2 and already started on mastery.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Shit so far: several copies of the QT Blenderbirb (yay!), an Eunectes dupe (why) and Sesa who I didn't have before. Sadly no QT tentacle monster with very soft armpits (definitely not Seaborn you guys) :/

Oh and Moist Ch'en I guess. Suppose I need to promote her now even though she's BAD CIVILIZATION, sunk costs and all that. .-.

On an unrelated note finally got off my lazy ass and cleared the main storyline for Guardmiya, also M3's Blaze and Flatinum S2s because ynaut. And full-cleared the new Anni because the previous one got left a little too close to deadline for comfort; revisited Lungmen Downtown while I was it since I only full-cleared it once way the fuck ago and wanted to test how Dusk would fare as the all-purpose nuker in the bottom lane (TL;DR - well but the Arts drones have enough Res and HP that without Masteries her S2 only just nails them in time). Could probably have simply plunked Rosa down there and spawncamped ALL the things mind you...

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Meh, still shit luck. 3 La Pluma is nice at least? 1block guards are my wives, I suppose shrug. I already wasted my yellow certs, so I'm definitely not getting anything again. Both AK and HI3 are getting too time consuming for me vs what I'm actually getting.

Maaaaaaan the web event sucks! Codes every single day? Who the duck thought that is a good idea? The rewards are almost MHY lvl for all that effort :/

The maps are nice tho, very PvZ with the lily pads and stuff.

Oh and the EN stream was a cringe fest, I think it was so bad it became enjoyable. I kinda ended up liking the dude.

Congrats on getting Blaze tho.

Bruh don't congratulate me! I already bought her from shop, that's why I'm saltier.

joined Apr 30, 2020

Meh, still shit luck. 3 La Pluma is nice at least? 1block guards are my wives, I suppose shrug. I already wasted my yellow certs, so I'm definitely not getting anything again. Both AK and HI3 are getting too time consuming for me vs what I'm actually getting.

La Pluma is only 1 block at E0. She's actually 2 block. Really good and cute too

Congrats on getting Blaze tho.

Bruh don't congratulate me! I already bought her from shop, that's why I'm saltier.

Oh sorry. I thought that was the first time. Well uh 1 DP cheaper to deploy at least.

There's still like 10 more daily free rolls and maybe EN will get the 10 roll ticket that JP got for topping sales. Hopefully you can still get a 6 star. Feeling bad on bad RNG is understandable tho. It's what I'm recently feeling towards Priconne after failing to get New Years Yui. I'm just logging in now hoping to slowly gather more rolls for the future.

Meanwhile in AK, I think I will just wait until the last day before throwing the rest of my rolls for hopefully max pot Ch'en. Might even buy a Bagpipe dupe (who will be in the cert store soon) from all the yellow certs I will probably get. But also, with Gavial rerun likely next, I do want to max pot Eunectes for waifu reasons. I am actually glad the events got shuffled so I can use up my rolls for the limited banner first.

joined Apr 30, 2020

SPOILERS for the upcoming story content in CN: Theresa!

Can't wait to see what happens. At the very least W's reaction would be something which was also teased from last year's PV.

CN New Years event also revealed new ops: new limited 6 star Ling and finally the last member of Lee's Detective Agency, Lee himself who is a 6 star version of Jaye's archetype and it looks like he's gonna be strong. There's also a 3D animated PV that looks really great.

To reply you must either login or sign up.