Forum › Nakatani Nio discussion

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

Well I'm sure there's a more apt word for my sentiment on the matter but I can't find it at the moment.
It's just that the "Wait for me, yuri fans who expect yuri manga from me, the artist famous for my yuri works, as I might or might not come back to making yuri manga after I'm done drawing what I want to draw, which this time around isn't a yuri manga!" tweet doesn't seem necessary to me, that's all. Oh well.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

If anything, I'd say the tweet does them a service in (seemingly) confirming that her current manga is not and won't be yuri, so anyone who thinks this is a deal breaker can stay clear from it.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Well I'm sure there's a more apt word for my sentiment on the matter but I can't find it at the moment.
It's just that the "Wait for me, yuri fans who expect yuri manga from me, the artist famous for my yuri works, as I might or might not come back to making yuri manga after I'm done drawing what I want to draw, which this time around isn't a yuri manga!" tweet doesn't seem necessary to me, that's all. Oh well.

I’m not even sure how you read that tweet as that. People expect her to write yuri just because YagaKimi is what got her big but being a yuri author is not even what she wants to be known solely for, expressed many times in the past. That doesn’t mean she is trying to hand wave her yuri fanbase either. The tweet is simply “Hey, I know this is not a yuri work, but I’m not abandoning yuri works, I’m sure I’ll get back to it at some point in the future. Would be nice if you can support the new work even though it’s not yuri.” Nothing’s wrong with that.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

https://twitter.com/yenpress/status/1451579515805839364?s=21

Her new manga is getting released every month by Yen Press at the same time as the JP release.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I hope that someone picks this up for fan translation or something, I don’t wanna pay 2$ per chapter

To reply you must either login or sign up.