Forum › Magic of Stella discussion

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Honestly Shiina, same. The real World is scary and I don't like it.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Some great facial expressions this chapter. I completely related to Shiina relaxing when she does the dishes and doesn't have to talk to customers anymore.

Love the KayoShii friendship. This chapter kind of sunk them as a ship with the whole sister/family thing (...or did it? I guess some people are into that), but there's so much going on already yuri-wise I don't really mind.

I love how this manga has been getting progressively gayer

It has, right?! At this point if nothing actually yuri happens by the end I can legitimately be annoyed, and not just with myself for expecting something from a Kirara manga.

joined Aug 10, 2016

Oof, this was too real.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Darned ninjas cutting onions. T__T

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

The way these last few chapters have been progressing makes me wonder if it's ending soon

Deltheabestgirl666
Portrait_delthea_tatarrah's_puppet_heroes
joined Apr 17, 2020

Just Teru

joined Jan 21, 2015

The way these last few chapters have been progressing makes me wonder if it's ending soon

It's still ongoing, volume 9 comes out in December. My guess would be that there will be 10 volumes in total.

joined Sep 23, 2020

Doki Doki literature club reference?!?!?? lol XDDD

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I was kinda hoping Yumine would ask Tama to be her girlfriend. I'm kinda disappointed tbh. lol

Also that chapter with Shiina's mom hit me in the feels.

joined Jan 21, 2015

There was a bit of a commotion on Twitter back when this chapter came out. The Japanese fandom is mostly on the Tamaki x Yumine side from what I've seen, so they weren't sure what to take from this development. It does look like Tamaki is falling for Kayo, doesn't it? I don't know what to think. Betting on ships is futile for this series, and it's much more enjoyable if you can just go with the flow and not fixate on one pairing. Although I sometimes fail to do that myself.

In any case, the author dropping the 4koma format for the last page seems significant.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

As we all know, your life in Japan ends once you graduate from high school. :-(

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

I know nothing about this series, but after randomly clicking on chapter 80 and reading it, I'm interested.

joined Jan 21, 2015

There it is, the classic Oh No We Tripped And Fell On Top Of Each Other romantic trope. Who knows if this go will go anywhere; anything regarding yuri in this manga is a big question mark, and the pendulum of romantic teasing swings wildly back and forth, so where things will go next is anyone's guess.

I do think the author occasionally tests the waters. You can tell because sometimes he writes a scene more yuri than usual, like Matsuri asking Nono to be her girlfriend, and a few weeks later he'll share on stream that he was apprehensive but got positive reactions. I thought for a long time that the Kirara audience liked comedic yuri that never goes anywhere and not the more serious sort, but there might have been a shift in the past few years.

In any case, Teru's got issues.

I know nothing about this series, but after randomly clicking on chapter 80 and reading it, I'm interested.

It's a "cute girls making doujin games" series at its core, but it's one that does things a bit differently. It takes a short while to get going, but once it does it gets really good. If you'd like to take another look at what this manga can do before potentially reading from the start, check out chapters 73 and 74.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

^ Thanks, I read those chapters. This series seems up my alley with its dialogue and characterization. I'll start reading it from the beginning sometime soon.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Certainly casts a whole new light on her previous appearances and actions. Particularly her interactions with Kayo; no wonder those two... resonate.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Darn, that first page hit too close to home for me.

joined Jan 21, 2015

^ Thanks, I read those chapters. This series seems up my alley with its dialogue and characterization. I'll start reading it from the beginning sometime soon.

Hope you enjoy it!

Certainly casts a whole new light on her previous appearances and actions. Particularly her interactions with Kayo; no wonder those two... resonate.

Yeah, I think I need to give the flashback chapters another re-read some time. The author seems to have something in store for these two, and I'm both excited and terrified to find out. Excited because Kayo is canonically established as being in love with Teru and Teru isn't indifferent to her, so who knows? And terrified because there's no way cloba.U won't unleash a massive storm of angst before the manga ends. This bonus is alarming already. It was a huge pain in the ass to get my hands on it, so I'm glad the SNSbu guys added it to the release.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Darn, that first page hit too close to home for me.

Same

like Matsuri asking Nono to be her girlfriend

Talking about that, did it ever get a followup in the series itself? Because if it did, I either skipped a chapter without noticing or don't remember. My memory is awful, after all.

joined Jan 21, 2015

like Matsuri asking Nono to be her girlfriend

Talking about that, did it ever get a followup in the series itself? Because if it did, I either skipped a chapter without noticing or don't remember. My memory is awful, after all.

The following chapter (72) was about them, but no other follow-up in the translation so far.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So, anyone knows what happened to this series? The author stopped updating, the scanlators dropped it, or the group disbanded altogether? I am not picking on anyone, just curious to know.

joined Jan 21, 2015

I think it's stuck at the translation stage. The manga is still ongoing, with 9 volumes out.

I'm sorry I don't have any better news. I'm glad there are still people waiting for new chapters. I like this series too, and I hope the translation can resume some day.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I think it's stuck at the translation stage. The manga is still ongoing, with 9 volumes out.

I'm sorry I don't have any better news. I'm glad there are still people waiting for new chapters. I like this series too, and I hope the translation can resume some day.

Oh, that's better news than it getting axed or dropped, so thank you. :-)

last edited at Aug 17, 2021 6:23AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Just so you know, I still appreciate your work and am eager to read your translations. :-)

last edited at Sep 23, 2022 6:02AM

joined Jan 21, 2015

Thanks, Koveras. I wish my Japanese went above the level of "knows some grammar and can recognize some kanji and decipher the rest with a dictionary" so I could pick this up myself.

The manga ended last year with 10 volumes, and I think it did some interesting things that I didn't expect when I started reading it. It turned out to have a surprising amount of depth to its characters. If I didn't pointedly ignore all the people who dismiss Kirara manga or 4koma manga in general, I'd point them to this one as an example of what can be done with the format.

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

Chapter 81 is now translated on mangadex! And it's done fairly well. Don't know if the new translator is willing to post the chapter here though...

last edited at Jan 2, 2023 4:24AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.