Forum › Gacha thread (prev. the Genshin Impact thread)

joined Jul 26, 2016

Same with leveling a character which may cause them to not die at specific times or do too much damage where the timing of skills gets thrown off.

Ya that happened to me in the first Frostnova stage. Originally I used Red's on-deploy stun to hold her in Sniper killzone long enough to drop her, but poor wolfy always bought it in the process (haha iced tile goes ching). Then the shooters got leveled and Frosty died before Little Red Ninja Hood, leaving her standing there doing nothing at all for the rest of the stage and messing up the deploy order... made no diff tho, the regular chaff died easily anyway, but illustrates the principle.

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

In AK, the odds are definitely better for banner rolls. Basically it's a 2% chance for a 6 star, 8% for 5 star, 50% for 4 star, and 40% for 3 stars. There's no weapon banner so you'll always get a character.

There's also 2 pity systems in place for the non-limited banners. One is that you are guaranteed at least a 5 star in your first ten pulls. The other is that after the 50th pull of not getting a 6 star, every pull after gets a 2% increase in your odds up to 100%, which equals 99 pulls in total at the unluckiest.

In the limited banners, there's a spark system where you get a token for each pull you do and you can spend them buying the rate up operators. The 6 stars cost 300 and the 5 stars cost 75. Of course, this is more for whales, but it's a stopgap in case you get really unlucky. The previous pity systems still exists for this banner too. The unspent tokens will then be converted and you can spend them buying materials.

Those are the pure gacha elements, but there's another way to get operators through a free recruitment system. You basically pick tags that you randomly get and set it for a specific time (9 hours for a chance of 3-5 stars) and then wait and see what you get. There's certain tag combos that show up that can guarantee you a 6 star or a 5 star so you have an additional chance at getting high rarity operators through that. I've personally gotten 4 6 stars from the recruitment.

Another way you can get 6 and 5 stars is for them to rotate through the shop where you can directly buy them with a currency that's equivalent to the masterless starglittter in Genshin. You can get said currency through getting 4 stars in the recruitment so as long as you save, you can just directly buy a unit.

All in all, AK is a lot more F2P friendly than most gacha games cause it provides a lot of different ways to get a guaranteed high rarity operator in a way that doesn't require getting lucky in the gacha. The only painful part is the wait, but you can beat most of the game with low rarity characters and the hardest stages only need 1 or 2 high rarities max.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Wish we could improve our systems too like that...
Welp! 1.3 is almost here! here's the new trailer https://youtu.be/1TRFPx09j_8 No Hu Tao news yet!

3 new codes!!! 100gems and stuff each!
nBEm3myAL2b
dU2mhjQL1ZT
jsSK8n23jzR

Edit: What's with the stupid difficutly of the last day event lol? I make my team depending on the cube... by the time the last one shows up, I already ran out of time

last edited at Jan 22, 2021 8:57AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

How is it like with Arknights and Azur Lane by the way? is it easier to roll? the odds are nicer?

塞雷娅 already summarize everything, so I'll sum it up like that:
In FGO I had to spend money.
In MR I could spend money.
In AK I want to spend money.

random posted:

and Frosty died before Little Red Ninja Hood, leaving her standing there doing nothing at all for the rest of the stage and messing up the deploy order...

When I just started I could never understand why Kyo and Eckogen always made sure to retreat operators instead of letting them die, even when stalling for as long as possible and that's exactly why.

last edited at Jan 22, 2021 9:23AM

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Thanks for the codes. Along with today's login bonus it gave me 500 primogems. Supposedly Keqing is getting a rate up on the 17th of February if you're interested in her.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hold up, she's getting her own banner after Xiao? so I guess Hu Tao will have to wait more... Well, I DO WANT Keqing! is hard to say which one should I get honestly...
Well honestly it doesn't matter too much because I'm doing my very best to get Ganyu while she's still here, so the next pity would be 50/50 and I learned my lesson with Diluc hahahaha....*sigh*

joined Jul 26, 2020

Tbh I'm also debating whether I want to roll for Keqing... on the one hand I really don't need her AND there's a chance to get her anyways on the other rate up banners. On the other hand, she's awfully cute...

I think I'll sit on it until she actually gets here. I also gotta think about saving for Raiden since she's definitely gonna get a banner.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It depends on how cute or cool she is in her story quest, I already know she's pretty great dps

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Unreconciled Stars event give her (Keqing) some shipping material with Fischl (Amy).

As for Raiden since Inazuma has no definite release date neither does she have one as of the current moment. It could be months before she's available to roll for in-game.

joined Jul 26, 2020

Unreconciled Stars event give her (Keqing) some shipping material with Fischl (Amy).

As for Raiden since Inazuma has no definite release date neither does she have one as of the current moment. It could be months before she's available to roll for in-game.

Months to save then!

Honestly I'm not as tempted to pull in Genshin, and the only real "plan" I have in mind for pulling is getting every archon. The other characters I rolled for are whoever I think looks cool. It takes a while to save enough for 80 rolls for the 5 star though, so I'm gonna need to skip a lot of banners.

joined May 28, 2016

One of the known perks of the festival is that you can get a single Liyue 4* of your choice for free. Which one is everyone interested in? I'm thinking either Beidou or Xinyan since I don't have them yet.

joined Jul 26, 2020

I'm getting another copy of Ningguang so I can get her to C2. She's my main dps so any power boost on her is good in my books.

joined May 28, 2016

While I redeemed the codes @Serenata listed they are supposedly already expired for those of you who waited.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I think most of us are going for Ningguang or Beidou hehehe
About the return of the gift shop event, here's an advice! the rewards each day are random for each account, so let's say you don't like that he's giving you ores or mostly Mora, well you can go to a friend's account and check his npc, maybe he'll have talent books and hero wits.

there's also a mini web event, it takes day to complete and the rewards aren't that good but it comes with cute chibi pictures that you can save so ... yeah https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/8247

last edited at Jan 23, 2021 8:03AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Final 10 roll was another only freaking Noelle, got super salty but rolled a single and got Xiangling to C1. I'm satisfied, I just need Bennet.
My Ningguang is C2 already so don't need more right now, which means I'll get the rock girl.

Since we're talking about the gacha...when are they going to update the regular banner? Everyone is freaking limited?

How is it like with Arknights and Azur Lane by the way? is it easier to roll? the odds are nicer?

AL has super nice odds, loads of free rolls (at least 10 weekly+3 daily), free gifts often no codes required, free premium currency every once in a while, free SRs and SSRs by farming, all gear is farmable, free skins, free oath rings on anniversary, etc. Yeah, Nev is correct! I wanted to spend for skins because the game is nice to the player base.

joined May 28, 2016

there's also a mini web event, it takes day to complete and the rewards aren't that good but it comes with cute chibi pictures that you can save so ... yeah https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/8247

Which sort of stinks since PS4 players like myself cannot participate in due to "account issues" (according to Mihoyo).

I'm also looking forward to Mondstadt's festival comes after Liyue's. Hopefully it will also have a selectable 4* from Mondstadt so I can get my catgirl Diona.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Noelle c6 would be amazing I think.

Take this with a grain of salt, after all I'm quoting a comment I saw somewhere else... but apparently releasing Hu Tao now wouldn't be appropriate because it's the Chinese new year and she works with death, but in April, there's a Chinese tradition called The Qingming festival.

"During Qingming, Chinese families visit the tombs of their ancestors to clean the gravesites, pray to their ancestors and make ritual offerings. Offerings would typically include traditional food dishes and the burning of joss sticks and joss paper. The holiday recognizes the traditional reverence of one's ancestors in Chinese culture."

So if you put 1 and 2 together... well... yeah, what does that mean? lots of time to save gems I guess hehe

last edited at Jan 23, 2021 2:37PM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Supposedly the number 4 is unlucky in China or something. Kind of like Friday the 13th in the west maybe?

joined Jul 26, 2020

4 is unlucky for both China and Japan. It's cause it sounds similar to the word for death.

Also I finally finished getting lv8 reputation in Liyue so I'm rocking the new geo wings for all my geo characters. Since all the wings we've gotten so far look like the elements we have, I've decided to match them all so my anemo characters all have the Mondstadt wings and my cryo characters all have the Dragonspine wings. They all look really good so I'm looking forward to getting the electro ones when Inazuma comes out for Beidou.

I went ahead and finished up Ganyu's quest while I was at it and it really made me like her a lot more. I wasn't very enthusiastic about her before cause we barely got to see her in the main quest line, but her struggle with her identity was really touching to see resolved. I'd love to use her more but I still got a lot of grinding to do for her artifacts.....

last edited at Jan 24, 2021 1:56AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I forgot to ask in the survey if they have any plans for an account link for PS4/PC/Switch for version exclusive rewards. I want those wings on my main account! The sword is nice too.

Noelle c6 would be amazing I think.

She is but mines is c7 now and I don't need more lol

I'd love to use her more but I still got a lot of grinding to do for her artifacts.....

Do you not have decent Wanderer sets? I'm sticking with that for now + a Glad Cryo % piece with crappy sub stats I got. I would grind Cryo set of I had Mona.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Did one roll today got Xingqui instead of Noelle or Xiangling which I actually wanted. :(

joined Jul 26, 2020

Do you not have decent Wanderer sets? I'm sticking with that for now + a Glad Cryo % piece with crappy sub stats I got. I would grind Cryo set of I had Mona.

I do but I'm trying to get a full cryo set for her. I'm also out of artifact fodder to actually level up my artifacts so I'm just running out of a lot of stuff ;-;

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

I'm too lazy to get specific sets for my character and instead use whatever random crap I get while farming ascension materials. I'll soon (January 26 or 27) be getting Atelier Ryza 2 so my playtime with this game will be limited for a while.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Ok, I gave Mihoyo the benefit of the doubt in Honkai with the DMC animations but now that I saw Ayaka footage, this is definitely in "heavily inspired" territory. Still gonna save for her after Xiao. Fem!Vergil is good civ.

Also, I'm struggling with event pts. Week 2 challenges are too difficult for my build. I'm definitely not clearing the ladder. I could probably go further if Childe dropped the right mats for Ganyu at least.

I do but I'm trying to get a full cryo set for her. I'm also out of artifact fodder to actually level up my artifacts so I'm just running out of a lot of stuff ;-;

Mihoyo really likes to torture us into domain farming for weeks.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Third week of bosses not giving me anything for Mona (or klee) but hey lots for Fischl, Ganyu and Hu Tao (I just need to have 2 the last hahaha but I'm confident in Ganyu at least).

Keqing looks cool but she consumes the same skill materials as Klee and Mona AND also wooper flowers nectar like Mona and Hu Tao so I think that settles it, I won't roll on her banner and instead wait for Hu tao, after all, Keqing is always a possibility in the eternal and regular banner so I feel like many people will have her eventually and I love Fischl a lot anyway, she can take care of the electro stuff.

To reply you must either login or sign up.