Forum › At Midnight, Munch Munch discussion

Abbysmug
joined May 15, 2020

This feels like a metaphor I'm not smart enough to understand

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

Id rather just take the idea that the girl actually splits in half. More interesting and raises a lot of questions than a mundane interpretation hahahah

I%20(1)
joined Oct 9, 2021

cute

Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

really like coming back to this one. feel like it's about properly feminine desire? in as much as it's degendering, or monstrous for a woman to be "active", in a way violating the cannibalism taboo is more appropriate than a woman being active?

her roommate satisfying herself by cannibalizing herself blurs the line between active/passive and penetrating/receiving which are pretty frequent ways we organize the sex/gender/sexuality/role/prestige complex. very explicitly its a way japan organized men/not men as far as penalizing receiving msm and making lesbianism illegible and not even illegal. the mc who's not "good enough" to cannibalize her friend is nevertheless good enough to show explicit desire and join the "monstrous" side? does defying the cannibalism taboo recoup enough morality points? does desiring the sated cannibal meet the requirement for a woman to desire an active partner?

other interpretations are cool, taken literally its cool, playing around with taboos is fun, the horror edge spices things up, like, all in all its one of the best one-shots on the site. there's an elegant restraint to the shock value, mixed with the genre breaking cute face of canni-chan, that i find particularly compelling. the mc's bored face hiding desire is iconic.

also cannibalism probably stands in for masturbation, and yet the story wouldn't work at all if the masturbation was made literal. the cannibalism needs to be there as a breach to do work in.

To reply you must either login or sign up.