Forum › Genshin Impact!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I just saw the official Zhongli show off https://forums.mihoyo.com/genshin/article/91166 his animations are great, but he seems very situational

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Zhongli looks really cool! He looks like he'll have good synergy with other Geo characters like Traveler and Ningguang, depending on how exactly his skills work. Also some of his lines make me kinda sad; pretty much all of his old friends are now dead, huh?

Comic of Lumine simping for Ningguang again

Someone's "Klee Damage Control" team

last edited at Nov 26, 2020 12:55AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

This wild guesswork was funnier than it has any right to be.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Finally got Ningguang after getting 2 more Dionas in a row. That was probably my best single roll chain so far. I almost want to roll for constellations but I know it's not worth it rn and I don't want to mess up the pity count.

I'll stop stalling the rank up now, I need to start farming accessories for the beeg numbers.

Finally checked out the upcoming characters too...I think I can hold it, I really like them but I don't need them. I'll focus on maxing out my current crew.

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

I just saw the official Zhongli show off https://forums.mihoyo.com/genshin/article/91166 his animations are great, but he seems very situational

I wouldn't say he's situational at all. People are saying he's a support character but based on his damage multipliers and how spammable his burst is, he looks like he can be a really reliable dps. I'd say it'll be similar to how Ningguang is played since she's also an amazing dps despite being geo herself. He has the highest HP of everyone, he gives shields, and he can petrify enemies. His attack speed as a spear user also increases his dps so in all it looks like he's meant to stay in the field for a long time while the rest of the team can support him.

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

I wanted Mona or Keqing but got yet another Ningguang and Childe instead. I want my catgirl. :(

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Finished up the Unreconciled Stars event and shop; it was a pretty fun event overall. Fischl accidentally dropping her chuuni act at the end was cute.
Also, Xinyan's official video was released (here it is in Japanese). She seems neat - according to leaks on this website she seems to be more oriented for physical damage, and probably can work as a support or dps.

Everyone loves Fischl comic

Liyue modern AU

joined Jul 26, 2020

I'm obsessed with lore/theory posts. I just read this post about how Ningguang might be Guizhong's reincarnation and it sounds really compelling. I read this reply under the post and I agree with the reply more. I think if any of this is an additional reasoning behind the Liyue storyline, then goddamn the devs did a great job with their story telling.

I'm hoping we get more info on Ningguang and Zhongli in their character tales because all of these theories floating around just sound so interesting. I'm personally hoping Ningguang isn't Guizhong's reincarnation and is instead a representation of what Guizhong wants for humanity cause that just fits so much more with the Liyue ending thematically.

joined May 28, 2016

I'm not into Ningguang and Zhongli. Ningguang and Beidou on the other hand...

joined Jul 26, 2020

I'm not either, I just want more info on them separately LOL. That's my selfish(?) reason for not wanting her to be Guizhong's reincarnation.

joined Jul 26, 2016

On a very tangentially related note the probably baseless rumour that Ningguang wanted to eventually expand her flying pimp mansionthe Jade Chamber RIP to cover the skies of the whole continent amusingly reminded me of the alien "Planet Eater" siege platform in Earth Defense Force 4.1 :P

Why yes her certain latent potential to go full Lex Luthor does entertain me.

joined Jul 26, 2020

Well, based on how she's been acting so far, I think she's more like Lena Luthor. (Shoutout to any ex-supercorp shippers.)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

My last chance to roll for Diona turned into the Flute sword.... It is a good sword but here's the thing... I don't have Qiqi, Jean or Keqing, it hurts honestly XD I wasn't desperate for her but that was most likely my only chance to get her, they might put her in the store in exchange for 34 of those coins someday but for now...Good bye loli cat :(

I'm gonna skip the next banner, maybe play a bit with the eternal banner but now that I've collected all the geoculust, history quest and got my Fischl, I'll slow down and take things easy, maybe see which achievement could be fun to do and see how far I can get into the abyss without farming accessories (rng is brutal).

joined May 28, 2016

I'm surprised at all the Zhongli x Tartaglia fanfics there is on ao3. There is almost 400 of them right now. Diluc x Kaeya is second with 189 fics, and Tartaglia x Lumine is third with 136 fics.

Jean x Lisa on the other hand has only 47 fics. :(
My OTP Amber x Lumine has only 19 fics so far. :(

Edit: Apparently I failed at reading.

last edited at Nov 29, 2020 11:59PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

I mean Tortellini and Penniless did have pretty good chemistry during the Liyue arc... (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Well, it's Ao3 - that website's full of yaoi fangirls; there's more m/m fics than there are m/f and f/f fics combined. They do have good chemistry though

Also I hadn't heard of that whole "Ningguang is Guizhong's reincarnation" theory; IIRC reincarnation as a whole is never brought up in the story or lore at all but the evidence there is pretty compelling. Even if the theory does turn out to be true, Zhongli probably wouldn't want to interfere or bring it up at all and just leave Ningguang to do her thing as a human.

On a completely different note, I need to remind myself to not read the comments on new (female) characters' showcase videos. Xinyan's video had a lot of people cheering on her joinging Aether's harem, which is just blech

joined May 28, 2016

That really depends on the fandom in question though. Ones with a predominately female cast like Love Live have much more F/F fics. I think Female Byleth and Edelgard is more popular than Male Byleth and Edelgard from Fire Emblem Three Houses too.

joined Jul 26, 2020

That really depends on the fandom in question though. Ones with a predominately female cast like Love Live have much more F/F fics. I think Female Byleth and Edelgard is more popular than Male Byleth and Edelgard from Fire Emblem Three Houses too.

Well, it's more like if there's hot male characters, there's gonna be more m/m fanfics. M/f ships don't really count cause there's a woman. When there's hot male characters who have a decent enough story that may or may not connect with another male character, that will always overshadow every other ship in a fandom. F!Byleth x Edelgard is more popular because F!Byleth looks better and she looks better when paired with Edelgard. Also there's the additional appeal of it being f/f so it's more likely to have enthusiastic shippers who would write fanfic for it.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I noticed that the Paimon's Bargains shop resets in less than a day and the next banner comes a few hours after that, so if you have some coins to exchange and you want to try one last time (LIKE ME!!!) for the Childe Banner, this might be it.

Inb4 the time in between is filled with maintenance time XD

last edited at Nov 30, 2020 10:53AM

joined Jul 26, 2020

The trailer for Zhongli looks so cool, I'm definitely gonna have to pull for him. Even thinking about whether or not I'm gonna whale if I don't get him from my free rolls. I might just whale cause it'll give me extra primos leftover for Xiao who's coming in 2 months...

joined May 28, 2016

According to GameFAQs, Barbara and Kaeya and the new units in the Starglitter shop this month. If anyone wants them it's a good opportunity to get them.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Uuuhhhh... I guess it does make sense that they'll keep with the 4 stars Monstadt characters, Amber, Lisa, Kaeya, Razor, Bennet, Barbara and Noel............hmmm then maybe Diona is not far away.

I forgot where Sucrose works, am I missing anyone? Oh, of course, Fischl!

Taking this in consideration, we have an even number of characters for rotation in the upcoming changes if we keep getting only characters from Monstadt.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I noticed that the Paimon's Bargains shop resets in less than a day and the next banner comes a few hours after that, so if you have some coins to exchange and you want to try one last time (LIKE ME!!!) for the Childe Banner, this might be it.

My Ningguang is now C3 but still no Beidou OTL

joined May 28, 2016

@Serenata Surcrose is an alchemist working for Albedo. She and her boss are part of a branch of the Knights of Favonius... so Mondstat as well.

Edit: Not exactly what I like but it still has Amber and Lumine in it. Bondage

last edited at Dec 1, 2020 12:26AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Lol with Paimon xD
Also.. .the store was refreshed, got my new wishes and............................Ningguang.......... sigh welp, good bye Dionaaaaa

To reply you must either login or sign up.