Forum › Genshin Impact!

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

I sincerely hope it's not Klee cause that's literally a child. I think for Keqing, based on her voice lines about everyone, Xinyan seems to be the person she has the highest opinion of. Xinyan is a character that's about to be released in 1.1, the pyro rock star character. Keqing says she really enjoys her music despite how anyone else would look at rock music.

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

It seems kind of unusual that a world with Teyvat's level of development would have rock artists in it though. Mabye Klee's mother was involved in it?

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

It seems kind of unusual that a world with Teyvat's level of development would have rock artists in it though

As if they care. As usual with these games, the characters are completely detached from the world they run around in. Wait for all the inevitable event specials that don't fit anything at all. ^^

last edited at Nov 5, 2020 6:32AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

^something something Yae Sakura has no appearances in main storyline whatsoever :v

joined Jul 26, 2020

^ Except there's already precedent that isekai characters exist in the form of the MC and their twin being world hoppers and the strong evidence that Klee's mom is probably an isekai character from another world too. She specifically was attributed to teaching Barbara what idols were and she seems connected enough with various important characters that makes it highly possible she also had contact with Xinyan.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Stuck at abyss floor 4 until I get a good electro character lo/ there s a lot of dungeons I'm avoiding too because I don't want to lvl up Lisa.

Also... I'm glad the pity system exist but at the same time it fucking sucks, like, I already gave up on trying with the character banner until they release Ayaka, But I'm getting way too close on the permanent banner and my luck has been so low I might get a claymore weapon or a sword which I have no use atm or Diluc and I don't care what anyone thinks, I don't want to play with Diluc xD

At least I have my Sucrose with 187% energy charge and it's hilarious how quick I can re use her ultimate

last edited at Nov 5, 2020 7:40PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

and I don't care what anyone thinks, I don't want to play with Diluc xD

y u no liek bootleg Batman? :o

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I tried him, his E skill is really cool but I don't really like any character with claymore so far...just Beidou more or less. I still prefer ranged attacks...also I already have Xiangling to get liiiiiiiiit

last edited at Nov 5, 2020 8:22PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Noelle and her AT fieldshield are 10/10 tho. No idea what contrivance keeps her from becoming a knight, she's clearly more competent and motivated than most of the ones you can talk to...

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

That's of course assuming that her gameplay feats translate into her storyline characterization which is not necessarily the same.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I mean the Knights let even that spaz Amber inthere's an addition to their rulebook that explicitly prohibits hoisting their duties off onto Noelle, implying she was basically already doing the Knights' jobs until Jean found out and reimposed discipline...

joined Jul 26, 2020

^ Speaking of the pity, there's actually a soft cap at 75 rolls where if you start doing single rolls, you're more likely to get the 5 star starting from the 75th roll on.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

sigh I'm at 77, I thought Klee would be fun to have but if I have to give everything for her I better save it for a character I reaaaally want like Ayaka or Keqing.

In the eternal banner I'm around 55 ~ 60 ....so... Yeah I hope I get mercy

last edited at Nov 5, 2020 10:41PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Wow, when you said the Oceanid fight was hard, you really weren't kidding. I'd only fought and beaten it twice before at an earlier world level without too much issue, but now that I'm on world level 5 it really seems ridiculously hard. Speaking of hard, I haven't been able to get 3 stars in all of the Spiral Abyss floor 6 chambers yet, though I've tried it a few times now. I think my main problem is not really having a well put-together team, considering there are videos of people clearing floor 6 (and further floors!) with considerably lower-leveled characters than I'm using.

On a different note, I've started playing the game with the Korean voiceover. It's pretty good IMO - Fischl in particular sounds like a giant dork with her battle cries lol.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oceanid would be way easier without the hawks, I tried with my friend and the best is to use ice and then break them with electro or fire but the hawks... Also, someone in youtube said that the big bubble with insane AOE can be avoided by jumping on it XD but I tried many times only to lose half of my HP like a fool.

I don't even want to try it alone anymore....ALSO for Ice, I use CHongyoun if you're lucky to have him, his E and Ult are great....BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT at higher levels, you won't upgrade one character just for one boss... that's what I hate about this boss, all guides would tell you to focus on 1 or 2 DPs and your healer but there's 5 elements...

joined Jul 26, 2020

You can try building Fischl since she's just a great DPS and with her ranged attacks she can reach a lot of enemies including the hawks.

For me, I've been farming Oceanid and the geo cube boss for Zhongli and for Childe in case I get him. I've just been using Venti to deal with the hawks since his E deals pretty good damage. I pretty much can't hit them with anyone else so yeah, you just need to have a ranged unit to deal with the hawks or you're screwed.

Also for the Spiral Abyss, you just need two dps units and then the rest are direct counters to whatever is on the floor. You can check and see what enemies will be there by clicking on the floors and then plan accordingly. Basically just bring someone of an element that can break the shields of the Fatui bosses and Abyss Mages. I used Jean and Razor as my dps units and cleared up to floor 8, haven't tried any further floors yet cause I'm still building people and I don't have my second dps yet. It all depends on who I get between Childe and Zhongli since Xiao isn't coming until February probably.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yeah I'm counting the days until I finally reunite with Fischl... Meanwhile I'll keep killing the electro cube, I think floor 4 is full of water monster so my Mona is the least ideal there and I can't count on just Xiangling to do all the work, I really..really REAALLLYYYYYY need Fischl right now as my second or even main dps

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Okay, so I tried the Oceanid again and it honestly wasn't as hard as I first thought. Fischl + Noelle + Kaeya + Xiangling beat it without too much issue; I think I was just intimidated when I first tried it after Fischl got killed in 2 seconds by those cranes' water attacks.

I'm still missing the last star for spiral abyss' floor 6 chamber 2 though, but I got really close on my last attempt - I just wasn't able to kill everything fast enough. I think I'll manage to get it next time; I finally got enough Wandering Troupe artifacts to complete a 4-set for Barbara, which should be a big help considering all the pyro slimes there.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

The new character Scaramouche (sp?) kind of looks a bit feminine to me. Does that means that Scaramouche is really a girl?

joined Jul 26, 2020

The new character Scaramouche (sp?) kind of looks a bit feminine to me. Does that means that Scaramouche is really a girl?

Naw, that's a dude. He's definitely more feminine than the other guys in Genshin, but that's definitely a guy. Also looks like he's a catalyst user, so he'll be our first male catalyst.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I thought he was a girl too but then I saw the full leaked model and the shorts. Also, speaking of misleading designs, there's Lyney https://www.genshin-impact.fr/avalanche-dannonces-pour-la-sortie-du-jeu/ unless he's actually a girl and the sister took all the "extra stats" at birth, but.. Yeah.

CONFESSION TIME I gave in and rolled for Klee, the 80th was finally her, I got a good reason!! The ice loli cat coming in the next update https://youtu.be/nvARINgT7qA I will most likely try and get her but if I gave my 5star wish to the next banner I would get a handsome guy! nooooooo (I'm sure I wouldn't use him anyway).

So yeah I got Klee and I don't regret it, she's fun to play and my God so much destruction!!! I didn't know this but she annihilates shields, iron ores, crystals and pretty much anything with ease, that's sooooooooo useful! so now I can relax.

Also the rates are pretty much illegal so idk how much they paid to get away with these https://youtu.be/LisztSEnyvY

last edited at Nov 8, 2020 4:35PM

joined Jul 26, 2020

Honestly... I thought Cyno was a girl at first too and was gonna save up but I realized he's actually a dude. I'll still pull for him though cause I like spear users a lot. Kinda sad that Xiangling's design isn't one I'm particularly into, so I don't care much for her even though she's a spear user. I hope they release a female spear user who is aesthetically similar to Beidou in the future cause at this point I've only been interested in the men in this game. I do also like Jean, but her kit is kinda boring to play.

Also the rates are pretty much illegal so idk how much they paid to get away with these https://youtu.be/LisztSEnyvY

They actually aren't illegal. 1.6% is the correct rate when keeping in mind what the calculations say so they're not lying about it in their details. They just didn't elaborate further about the soft caps that will increase chances after certain rolls before the 90 hard pity. Now that is scummy to do, but technically not illegal since they didn't lie about any of their rates.

last edited at Nov 8, 2020 5:06PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The website updated with lots of information and characters profiles, worth giving a check to all the things coming
https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/6526

The Fischl Event will take a few more days to show up...

joined May 28, 2016

Keqing and Xiangling
Sesshōin Kiara (FGO) and Lisa

Edit: PS4 can now redeem codes. Go to Settings > Account > Redeem code.

Edit: According to GameFAQs here's two codes:

GENSHINGIFT
GENSHIN1111

Barbara is now available as a permanent event. She can still be claimed even if you got her as part of getting to R20.

last edited at Nov 10, 2020 11:05PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Edit: According to GameFAQs here's two codes:

Thanks, those both worked for me.

Currently exploring the new patch. I'm not super far into the Act III story, but I got to the Jade Palace. It seems Beidou sends Ningguang ancient artifacts as gifts - more fuel for the ship!

Also lmao, one of her assistants, Baishi, totally has the hots for her.

last edited at Nov 11, 2020 2:03AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.