Forum › Genshin Impact!

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

Also, I finally finished all of the main story Archon quests. I'm looking forward to future updates; I'm honestly interested in where the story goes from here. There's been lots of little funny moments (like the perfume quest where you can accidentally(?) hit on a bunch of pretty ladies) as well as some surprisingly sad side quests and other lore (Childish Jiang). Who wants to bet that the giant monser sealed under that tree in the bottom left corner of the map ends up being a boss later? It somehow doesn't feel right to end the Liyue chapter without a boss battle, like in Mondstadt against Dvalin/Stormbreaker.

I doubt that we will end up fighting the Chi of Guyun as the final boss battle, mostly cause we already have leaks that the boss battle for the Liyue chapter will be against Childe. It's likely that we'll be able to fight it though similar to how we have a second boss in Mondstadt. The Chi of Guyun has a possibility of being like Andrius which will be really interesting. And if it's anything like how we could use Razor against Andrius, we might get to use Xiao there since it's possible the reason he resides in Wangshu Inn is cause it overlooks the place the Chi of Guyun is sealed.

With the story though, there's an official story line preview video that gives a hint of what's to come. There's spoilers so watch at your own caution. Teyvat Chapter Storyline Preview: Travail

Just curious, but what voiceover language is everyone playing with? I've been using Japanese, mostly just to practice my own Japanese since I took a few classes years ago but haven't really kept up with it. I do want to switch it around at some point, just to compare them.

I'm using Japanese too, but the translation of the English subtitles aren't quite right. I'm assuming it's just a localization thing. I am planning to use Chinese voice over for my second account though. I just made a new one on my PS4 both to get the PS4 exclusive items and to see the story again. I'm also going full f2p on that account and only using the MC, Amber, Kaeya, and Lisa as my team just to see how that would be like. I did end up getting Beidou on the beginner banner rolls though, and honestly... my original purpose has been slightly shaken... I don't have Beidou on my main account and tbh, if I get Ningguang I might just abandon that f2p team I was gonna do.

last edited at Oct 22, 2020 6:22PM

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Ugh I need to step away from GameFAQs. I was just reading a thread about someone who was paranoid about Mihoyo and the surveys they do as if Mihoyo was a spy agency...

joined Jul 26, 2020

Ugh I need to step away from GameFAQs. I was just reading a thread about someone who was paranoid about Mihoyo and the surveys they do as if Mihoyo was a spy agency...

Yeah... the racism towards Chinese people from this game is a little TOO rampant. This year has just had a huge surge in sinophobia in all categories.

joined May 28, 2016

On a more positive note Resin cap is being increased to 160.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

On a more positive note Resin cap is being increased to 160.

That's pretty great! Actually, looking through that Q&A there's a lot of nice stuff coming up, like key binding and more artifact organization. Update 1.1's supposed to come out in November, right?

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Supposedly it will but given the Covid situation it may get delayed... although I hope it won't.

Edit: It doesn't however mention changing the recharge rate. Now it will take 21 hours to fully recharge instead of 16.

last edited at Oct 23, 2020 2:26AM

joined Jul 26, 2020

Honestly really don't see as big of a problem with the resin system currently as most of the player base rn. Mostly cause I'm looking at it from a content standpoint and they literally don't have enough endgame content for this game to be sustainable if they don't gate behind some progression with something, and in this case the something is resin. The last main story quest stops after AR29 and then the last character quest stops after AR36.

You need resin to upgrade your characters and all that, but people are getting too impatient about the stamina system that I think is exasperated by the visible streamers who are try harding the game. The only REAL problems are the lack of Mora and EXP. Leveling a character isn't as important to having high damage as it is to have good artifacts, so I don't think they should be gating that behind the stamina system. Farming for artifacts with resin is fine since they need to make sure you're not able to have every character be overpowered and blow through their content and then stop playing.

This game has only been out for like, a month, and improvements and changes to the game will take time to do. Also with the current resin system, it won't be sustainable for future content anyways so that's something that will probably be changed as they release new content.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Just curious, but what voiceover language is everyone playing with? I've been using Japanese, mostly just to practice my own Japanese since I took a few classes years ago but haven't really kept up with it. I do want to switch it around at some point, just to compare them.

JP. It's partly because I've watched enough anime to have picked up some basic understanding of spoken Japanese, but mostly because I just find it more pleasant sounding than Chinese. Which I suspect isn't merely a matter of being more used to one but related to some very important differences between how the two are spoken (namely highly phonetic vs. extremely tonal).

This year has just had a huge surge in sinophobia in all categories.

TBF it really isn't helping that Beijing's hellbent on acting out Bond villain clichés these days and keeps getting caught with its hand in the jar to boot.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011
joined May 28, 2016

Sucrose is sure cute. I'm glad I rolled her today. :) No Klee though. :(

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I have Sucrose but I don't use her yet, but now that I tried abyss... looks like you need her or Venti, just to gather all those mobs in one place, aaah if I could have just one more slot to carry a party of 5 that would be great!!! is so silly to switch to one character just to grab a rock or activate one puzzle and then kick them out sometimes.

I play in Japanese because OF COURSE! lo/ and spanish subtitles.... I haven't been able to play much, my country succs prettty hard so we're dealing with power outages left and right and internet shortages.

Also I have Mona, thanks 塞雷娅 .... I had to do it!!! and you know what? I don't regret a thing, she's sooooooo fun!!!!! you could gimme an account with 2 or even 3 5stars and I would still think "but what if I had Mona..." and now that I got her I can't get enough, she talks a lot, she runs like a river and her attacks are flashy and fun. So yeah, I'm happy!!! worst case scenario, during my rerolls, I got an account with Venti, another with Qiqi and also Keqing so I would just switch.

I'm using Amber too, she and Mona have the same effect of luring enemies with their E attack so they work pretty well together to keep the enemies away from me + Xianling and Barbara and that's my team most of the times.

There's... however, one problem... My Mona account doesn't have Fischl, so I guess I'll save gems until we met again in the next rate up, might take a while but I'll deal with it.

Also! for everyone starting the game or taking things easy, go to the church in the first town and talk with Victoria (the first nun to the left) and ask her about good places to visit around town.

last edited at Oct 25, 2020 12:07AM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

I think I remember hearing that Fischl was going to be buyable in an upcoming event shop on GameFAQs. Not sure it's true or not though. If that's true then I'll get C1 with mine.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oooh that would be so good.... I saw in some comment at youtube that the next City would give the MC electro abilities too... That's exciting! idk where are all these people getting their "leaks" but I hope at least the option to get Fischl is true

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Oooh that would be so good.... I saw in some comment at youtube that the next City would give the MC electro abilities too... That's exciting! idk where are all these people getting their "leaks" but I hope at least the option to get Fischl is true

I hope so too - I managed to get her first constellation, and her second one is a pretty nice bonus to to her skill's initial attack damage.

Also, the thing about the next city is probably based on the order of acts that's been announced, with the MC getting a new element in each one. According to the Wiki, after Liyue there will be Inazuma (Electro), then Sumeru (Dendro), then Fontaine (Hydro), then Natlan (Pyro), and finally Snezhnaya (Cryo). There's also another region mentioned, Khaenri'ah, that doesn't seem to have an element associated with it.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

This is just speculation but I'm sure they'll eventually add Light and Dark attributes because... of course!! well, we have a lot of Genshin to enjoy in the future, that's good, I'm playing slowly, I don't have the need to rush to the endgame when there's so much farming ahead and people waiting for next cities too.

When I was playing Blade and Soul, I used to waste all my nights trying to get pieces of a set, fight against my own guild mates to get my chance, and when I was almost done with armor and ready to get jewelry, a new update would come that made everything that came before seem like plastic toys... So I learned my lesson there hahaha

joined Jul 26, 2020

You don't actually need Venti or Sucrose to do Abyss floors, you just need high atk power and then beat people quickly and move onto the next mob. At least when I reached the later abyss floors that require you to use two teams, my non-Venti team still did fine cause Razor carried me with his high dps. I think the amount of time I took on both halves of the floor were very close so just make sure you stack one person with a lot of atk and you should be able to clear it. I cleared up to floor 8 with Jean and Razor main dps for my two teams.

So far I've reached AR41 and I got Razor to lv80 with a lv80 weapon. It took a whole week but I managed it! Now I gotta farm his artifacts but I keep getting the Wanderer's Troupe set instead of Gladiator's Finale. :(

Also @Serenata, you should check the events tab! Ya girl Mona has a story quest that's coming out soon! We'll probably help her pay her rent or something LOL. I've been really charmed by the character story quests we've gotten so far so hopefully this one continues the trend.

P.S. The boys in this game are actually really fun to play. I tried out Bennett and Razor in Abyss before I finished building them and they're really good??? Like legit Bennett is an amazing support and Razor is super strong with a fun play style.

last edited at Oct 25, 2020 12:46PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Crushing with brute force is okay when you're in the latest levels but I'm on the early levels so I still need strategy xP that's why I wanted to gather them all in one place, I think it's going to reset in a week so I wanted to get as far as I could (like floor 4 or 5) before that, but... I'm not strong enough :(

YUSH!!! Mona arc is coming!!! I'm taking things slow but that's a reason to hurry now XD ahahaha (well, it's permanent so maybe not so much), like I Said, she talks a lot when she's idle! she mentioned a master, so I want to meet her too (and then yuri ship her if possible)

Edit: By the way, you people have some kind of ritual to roll? or like, wait for specific times and places? I'm trying to save enough to buy 10 wishes at a time and then pick a nice place.

last edited at Oct 25, 2020 4:46PM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Tomorrows reward is 10 lizard tails(?), another moon, and 100 gacha currency.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/85127047

Jean x Lumine NSFW

last edited at Oct 26, 2020 9:11AM

joined Jul 26, 2020

Edit: By the way, you people have some kind of ritual to roll? or like, wait for specific times and places? I'm trying to save enough to buy 10 wishes at a time and then pick a nice place.

I go to the highest place in Teyvat in Liyue OR the Barbatos statue in Mondstadt and sit on the hands. I'll be going to Wangshu Inn when I roll for Xiao though since that's where he appears in story. For Zhong Li, I'll be going to the highest place again since he's the Geo Archon. I'll probably have Venti as the current character since they're friends and all, might help him come home with some bait.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I did the same with the Statue in Monstadt hahaha (no luck the first try) and my alt account is sitting inside of the Church, praying to the gatcha Gods I guess lo/

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

YUSH!!! Mona arc is coming!!! I'm taking things slow but that's a reason to hurry now XD ahahaha (well, it's permanent so maybe not so much), like I Said, she talks a lot when she's idle! she mentioned a master, so I want to meet her too (and then yuri ship her if possible)

I just started Mona's story quest, and she seems fun. Her master is apparently an old lady - Mona mentions her doing something 50 years ago - so if her master does end up getting added at some point, that'd be pretty cool. There aren't enough badass old lady characters in gacha games.

Edit: You know, between the magic, black hair+twintails, and perpetual poverty, Mona kinda reminds me of Rin Tohsaka lol.

last edited at Oct 27, 2020 12:55AM

joined Jul 26, 2020

My eyes have been opened to the JeanLisa ship. Between Lisa saying dandelions remind her of Jean's SCENT in her library quest and her good morning voice line where she greets Jean before realizing the MC was talking to her, my yuri goggles are on tight. Also since I've been replaying through the story again on my second account, I've noticed just how... tender(?) Lisa is with Jean in the cutscenes, like she just has a lot of fondness for her. I headcanon that Lisa is secretly in love with Jean while Jean is just clueless lol.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

My eyes have been opened to the JeanLisa ship. Between Lisa saying dandelions remind her of Jean's SCENT in her library quest

Wait, what? I guess she only says that if you give her the dandelion at that one part, huh. That is super gay.

I headcanon that Lisa is secretly in love with Jean while Jean is just clueless lol.

I can easily see this, considering how much of a workaholic Jean is. Poor Lisa.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Finally made it to AR 40. Right now I have Fischl at level 80, Traveler at level 70, and Noelle, Kaeya, Barbara and Sucrose at level 50 as supports. I'll probably level Traveler to level 80 as a second DPS for the 2nd Abyss team, but I'm not sure who else to build at the moment. I'm finally going to start doing the Artifact Domains now that I can go for the second-highest difficulty. However, I'm probably not going to use my Fragile Resins until I'm AR 45 for the highest difficulty ones.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm not even close to 40 but yeah I've heard from some utubers that at ar45 it gets easier to get 5stars artifacts, like it's 100% guaranteed so is better to wait to that point, because it's gonna hurt you to use the saved fragile resins trying to farm too early just to get a cup or feather full of HP% and def.... oooff

The game is sending me signals to lvl up Curose too, should be cool, and she's adorable.

There's going to be an official stream in some hours about 1.1 update... but I'll be sleeping

To reply you must either login or sign up.