Forum › Dynasty Reader Userscripts

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Alright, sent you my main email through that one.

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Alright, sent you my main email through that one.

I haven't got one from you

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

gwennie-chan posted:

I haven't got one from you

Sorry about that. Yahoo said it had sent the email but apparently it actually hadn't. It should be there now.

joined Sep 25, 2020

I am loving this discussion . Cheers!

joined Jul 22, 2015

Work on Script-chan continues apace. Feel free to follow development at the GitHub repository.

last edited at Sep 30, 2020 11:56PM

Gloomy_Ko_Chan
Aaaaaa2
joined Aug 24, 2020

Hi all.
I've make some cosmetical changes to Dynasty Thingifier.
Well, I can see that there's Dynasty-Scans-Script-chan now. Still, I like Thingifier.

So if anyone like it too, but design isn't suit your taste, here we are: github.

And, yeah, you'll need installed Tampermonkey.

scr

last edited at Nov 11, 2021 1:20AM

joined Jul 22, 2015

Hi all.
I've make some cosmetical changes to Dynasty Thingifier.
Well, I can see that there's Dynasty-Scans-Script-chan now. Still, I like Thingifier.

So if anyone like it too, but design isn't suit your taste, here we are: github.

And, yeah, you'll need installed Tampermonkey.

scr

Script-chan in development. If you wish, I could try to implement themes as well.

Aaaaaa2
joined Aug 24, 2020

gwennie-chan, Haha... Uggh.
Well, I understood that I could change your script only after I've changed Thingifier, too bad, but not really.
If by themes you mean change style.

last edited at Oct 7, 2020 2:43AM

joined Jul 22, 2015

gwennie-chan, Haha... Uggh.
Well, I understood that I could change yours script only after I've changed Thingifier, too bad, but not really.
If by themes you mean change style.

I mean like I could try to implement different selectable styles possibly for UI appearance.

Gloomy_Ko_Chan
Aaaaaa2
joined Aug 24, 2020

gwennie-chan, That'd be nice.

Well, roughly:

scr

last edited at Nov 11, 2021 1:20AM

joined Jul 22, 2015

gwennie-chan, That'd be nice.

Well, roughly:

scr

I might be able to do something like this. Also note that Tag Hider isn't implemented yet in Script-chan.

Gloomy_Ko_Chan
Aaaaaa2
joined Aug 24, 2020

@gwennie-chan,
Yep, but don't worry, I'm not using Script-chan.

Btw the "Reverse Page Title". It works only on one page - the page where I'm activate this option.
At least I'm experiencing such a behaviour on firefox.
I haven't looked for cause of it, though. Just saying.

joined Jul 22, 2015

@gwennie-chan,

Btw the "Reverse Page Title". It works only on one page - the page where I'm activate this option.

Yes it's in very early development. I'm developing it in Firefox as well. I appreciate the bug testing.

last edited at Oct 7, 2020 10:13PM

joined Jul 22, 2015

@gwennie-chan,

Yes it's in very early development. I'm developing it in Firefox as well. I appreciate the bug testing.

Also just fixed the bug. Forgot the add the implementation to the settings loader.

Evenlesser
joined Oct 14, 2014

Hello everyone! I recently made a UserCSS dark theme for the stylus chrome extension that works pretty decently I think and never thought of posting it anywhere nor I know if there's one better out there already (the two on userstyles.org didn't suit me too much, and that site's pretty much dead), but I'm thinking of uploading it to github so I can update it more freely; would it be a valid addition for this thread, should I post it elsewhere or just not at all?

joined Jul 22, 2015

Hello everyone! I recently made a UserCSS dark theme for the stylus chrome extension that works pretty decently I think and never thought of posting it anywhere nor I know if there's one better out there already (the two on userstyles.org didn't suit me too much, and that site's pretty much dead), but I'm thinking of uploading it to github so I can update it more freely; would it be a valid addition for this thread, should I post it elsewhere or just not at all?

I might end up creating a theming engine for Script-chan. If I do, I'd definitely love to include yours.

Evenlesser
joined Oct 14, 2014

I might end up creating a theming engine for Script-chan. If I do, I'd definitely love to include yours.

Aaah that's nice! Here's the GitHub link, it's nothing special but it does the trick quite nicely and has served me well for some months now. There's a couple of things I'd like to add eventually but for now this is pretty much it!

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Masterpost has been moved to the Forum Rules, Markdown, Userscripts thread. Post will be updated with more information from this thread in the near future. This thread or the Help thread are perfectly acceptable places to continue discussion of Userscripts. Thank you for your understanding!

last edited at Jan 7, 2021 2:18PM

joined Jul 22, 2015

Masterpost has been moved to the Forum Rules, Markdown, Userscripts thread. Post will be updated with more information from this thread in the near future. This thread or the Help thread are perfectly acceptable places to continue discussion of Userscripts. Thank you for your understanding!

While Alice has done most, labeling the userscripts post of the thread as theirs gives the impression they made all of them.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

It was mirroring the post above it, using "by" as a means of denoting who originally wrote the post. As with the original post here, others are noted for their contributions next to the scripts they made. That said, I'm sure Alice won't mind too much if it's slightly less clear that she wrote the post originally, so I've amended the header and following line.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

gwennie-chan posted:

While Alice has done most, labeling the userscripts post of the thread as theirs gives the impression they made all of them.

I'm not sure how Pekoe changed things since this post seeing as the post in question has been edited since then but I don't think there's much of a problem. It specifically lists the authors of each script after all.

Also @OrangePekoe: No, I don't mind at all. The author of the original post is really completely irrelevant, what matters is simply who wrote which script which is stated clearly in the post.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

@gwennie-chan,

I know it's early in development, but do you want feedback or bug reports for the items you've marked as implemented and, if so , would you want them on GitHub's issue tracker?

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Hi, I have a question cuz it's been a while since I was on Dynasty but I didn't really changed in script or anything. I went to my Read list and only 1st page looks like it's been read (grey) and the rest are regular blue. I was confused when I went to one tag where I remembered I read already a lot but suddenly I have most of them blue. I reinstalled the script but nothing helped. Any ideas what happened?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Dynasty Scans First Page Viewer (Extension for Chrome) (author: Tosiaki)

Last Updated: December 16, 2021

Firefox is not currently supported.

This allows the the first page to be shown upon hovering over a chapter on Dynasty Scans and adds a grid view that shows each chapter with its first page.

last edited at Aug 5, 2022 5:45PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Dynasty Scans Preload + Long Strip (author: Nobody)

Overview:

I got annoyed by page load times recently and, being an engineer, spent a few hours making something to save a few minutes. I present: a bookmarklet that preloads an entire chapter. Just navigate to any page of a chapter, run the bookmarklet, and the single page shown in the reader will be replaced by a vertical scroll of every page in the chapter. (As a happy accident, this also stitches together longstrips.) Feel free to use and modify it as you please; also feel free to ask me questions, give me feedback, or let me know of any bugs you find.

How to use:

Create a bookmark, but where you would normally put a URL, instead put the "formatting-stripped bookmarklet URL" from below. Then, while on any page of any chapter on Dynasty, click the bookmark. Instead of navigating to a page, your browser will run the code you copied into the URL field.

When things go wrong:

-It will fail to load pages with a different page-to-filename relationship than the current one. For example, if the current page is "001" and "page001.png", it will fail to load a page of "credits" and "credits.png", as it will instead expect "pagecredits.png". (It will, however, try a few different file formats, so "1.png" and "2.jpg" will still work.)
-If Dynasty is in the middle of switching pages (you see "Loading..."), wait until it finishes. Running both scripts simultaneously may cause incorrect results.
-Any pages that fail to load will be displayed as text, so you can navigate to them normally in a different tab.
-Since all pages are loaded in parallel, it's possible for some pages to load completely before others even get sizing info. This can potentially cause page N and page N+2 to appear adjacent, visibly skipping page N+1 until it loads. Waiting until all visible pages are done loading makes it unlikely for this scenario to occur.

Nicely formatted code is hosted on pastebin

Formatting-stripped bookmarklet URL:

javascript:var%20pagesDiv=document.querySelector("#image");var%20starterImg=document.querySelector("#image>img");var%20pageName=encodeURIComponent(starterImg.alt);var%20pageIndex=starterImg.src.lastIndexOf(pageName,starterImg.src.lastIndexOf(".")-1);var%20genericSrc=starterImg.src.slice(0,pageIndex)+"#"+starterImg.src.slice(pageIndex+pageName.length);document.querySelectorAll("#image>.pages-list>.page").forEach((page)=>{var%20newImg=document.createElement("img");newImg.alt=page.innerText;newImg.src=genericSrc.replace("#",encodeURIComponent(page.innerText));newImg.retryFormats=[".png",".jpg",".jpeg",".gif"];newImg.onerror=()=>{if(newImg.retryFormats.length){newImg.src=newImg.src.slice(0,newImg.src.lastIndexOf("."))+newImg.retryFormats.shift();}};pagesDiv.appendChild(document.createElement("div")).appendChild(newImg);});document.querySelectorAll("#image>.left,#image>.right,#image>img,#image>.pages-list>.page").forEach((node)=>{node.parentNode.removeChild(node);});

last edited at Aug 5, 2022 5:56PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.