Forum › Quartet discussion

joined Jan 9, 2019

So cuteeee

Riamu
joined Aug 28, 2018

Sidenote: they really licensed the namaniku book?

Qndkfwtexmw51%20-%20kopie
joined May 20, 2014

Cute

Jarnan
joined Sep 18, 2017

Can’t say i’ve ever seen an anpanman reference on this site

Budokan2
joined Jan 13, 2015

I dunno why people like the Mizore x Nozomi pairing so much. For me, it's a super toxic relationship since their level of attraction to each other is so unbalanced. Like, for Nozomi it's okay Mizore is a good friend and that's about it while Mizore is so affected by even the slight moves of Nozomi because she likes her so much. This is evident in season 2 and even though you think Nozomi changed by then she's generally still the same in Liz and the blue bird. From my personal experience in that kind of relationship only grows more toxic the longer it goes on.

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

I dunno why people like the Mizore x Nozomi pairing so much. For me, it's a super toxic relationship since their level of attraction to each other is so unbalanced. Like, for Nozomi it's okay Mizore is a good friend and that's about it while Mizore is so affected by even the slight moves of Nozomi because she likes her so much. This is evident in season 2 and even though you think Nozomi changed by then she's generally still the same in Liz and the blue bird. From my personal experience in that kind of relationship only grows more toxic the longer it goes on.

While she's pretty easy going and meshes well with almost everyone, Nozomi does seem to hold Mizore to a special place in her heart (even though by the end of Liz she still seems not very sure what to do with those feelings), so I think the ship works. The level of attraction is so unbalanced only because the autistic genius Mizore has her sole focus on Nozomi only. Nozomi is like a lightbulb with reflector pointing toward Mizore, while Mizore is a laser aimed right at Nozomi (poor Yuuko).

I would say the relationship was a little bit problematic, but the people in it are not well adjusted in the first place, and they seem to be able to work it out with time. That makes the ship special, and I'm with it all the way.

joined Sep 8, 2017

@TctyaDDK Wow! really well said. I'm not that good at explanations and English, but I’ll try add some points too.

It was hinted that feelings are not one sided. 1. When Nozomi left the orchestra, Mizore was the only one who didn’t know. IMO, here Nozomi was selfless and showed her care for Mizore. Her thoughts “the only one oboe, she will definitely play, she practices hard, she likes to play, so she’d better stay”. If NZ told her, MZ would 100% follow her. To make a change and stand her point NZ needs as many people as possible to leave and the only one oboe leaving will definitely sabotage the band. But she wasn’t forceful and she overlooked her own interests for Mizore’s sake.
2. In Liz and Bluebird NZ was angsting as well: didn’t fill the form, same as Mz. The whole point of taking different paths affected both of them. The first time she says about going to music college is after seeing that MZ is being recruited by Niiyama sensei, even though she doubts that she wants to go pro. Since NZ figured out that she was holding Mz back, not as good as her to go together to the music college and not selfish enough to force MZ to go to the local university together, seeing how brilliant Mizore is, so she had to let her go. The short scene of her telling Liz’ lines “God, why did you teach me how to open the cage?” implies that she knows the truth and knows what to do (“I like the way you play oboe”).
3. NZ was jealous over MZ in the pool scene (I think in the novel it was more profound). The staff in commentary said during this scene something like “look, how good NZ at controlling her expressions and hiding her feelings”). Overall, NZ hides a lot, doesn’t say the truth for a better good, straight up lied that she didn’t remember their first conversation (Nozomi’s seiyuu pointed that out, NZ remembers it in every detail, even MZ’s shaking hands).

Also Yamada said that nzmz are not ready yet, but she thinks they’ll figure it out.

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Adorable, MizoNozo for life!!!

Ayuwaka
joined May 27, 2018

Hmm, I didn't watch the main story... just that blue bird movie.
Yeah, not bad. But I like Nakayoshikawa more.

Tumblr_nqv8vppgwy1qhzyd1o1_400
joined Mar 11, 2019

For me, Nakayoshikawa and Nozomizo is the best in hibike francaise

joined Aug 7, 2020

sweet

To reply you must either login or sign up.