Forum › Arknights!

joined Jul 26, 2016

Pompeii is relatively weak to Arts damage so throw Mousse or similar (I lucksacked Astesia recently, but eg. Midnight's active should also work) at it too if you have them. And/or maxed-out Melantha for brute force & ignorance every player is functionally guaranteed to have access to. (An amazing number of problems in this game can be solved or mitigated by throwing Melantha at them; best 3* fo' realz.)

And yeah you want some serious healing saturation at the point of contact to cope with all the MILLIONS DIE IN FIRE the giant magma slug spits out, preferably AoE and multitarget - think Myrrh and Ansel for low-end examples.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

I managed to 3 star OF-8, now I need to go 3 star OF-F4

Congrats @YarnGirl

Personally found OF-8 harder than OF-F4. Does not seem to be linked here yet but I recommend KyoStinV's Arknights guides in his channel:. Though I used another guide for clearing EX-6 and its corresponding challenge mode. Damn was that hard.

Actually am currently hoping to clear the event with my sister's new-ish account. Managed to clear all the main stages but I am not sure if EX stages are worth it. Worth it for the lore imo Abyssal idols?! but since I have already read it in my main account, the ticket rewards just do not seem worth it. Anyway, my sister's account is Llan#8141. Added you guys too.

I was able to 3 stars OF-F4 not long after clearing OF-8, having Perfumer helped a lot

I have been watching KyoStinV's guides for a few days, they definitely help a lot when I am stuck (though I prefer to do levels without looking up guides)

I am currently working on getting the Operators I use a lot to max level E1, they are all E1 Lvl 40 or higher currently

joined Apr 30, 2020

I was able to 3 stars OF-F4 not long after clearing OF-8, having Perfumer helped a lot

I have been watching KyoStinV's guides for a few days, they definitely help a lot when I am stuck (though I prefer to do levels without looking up guides)

I am currently working on getting the Operators I use a lot to max level E1, they are all E1 Lvl 40 or higher currently

Nice. I have Perfumer at elite 2 and imo, its worth it unless you get Angelina and even then, AoE medic with global heal is really good. Hope you clear the event as in empty the 5 lottery boxes in time. The grind is for real

I am currently on the 3 third box, I should be able to clear all the boxes

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Since you gais mentioned Kyo, Ill go ahead and promote Eckogen. His low level clears are fun to watch.

Speaking of Astesia...mine's not even e1. I haven't even e1'nd my Indra either. I want to use them but they're so expensive to upgrade >_>

...oh crap, I have to complete those challenge stages today.

Edit: screw it! I promoted her. Shes too cute to not e1 at least. Now I'm out of tier 2 mats again.

last edited at May 10, 2020 8:17AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

^ ...jeez the only ones featured in those I don't yet have are Big TailProvence, Skyfire and Skadi. Might as well start hoarding Ori for W sometime down the road I guess.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

What the heck are those banners?! It's weird, I feel like I want to write my credit card info and maybe sell a couple of organs to support this wonderful game. I don't need them, right? Eijaf is worth a kidney or two...right? Yes! Of course.

yes, Im very excited for that banner

joined Apr 30, 2020

^ ...jeez the only ones featured in those I don't yet have are Big TailProvence, Skyfire and Skadi. Might as well start hoarding Ori for W sometime down the road I guess.

Fortunately for you, Skyfire will be in the yellow cert shop and Skadi just recently appeared in the shop for CN, so her being the shop for EN should be sooner. I'm thinking either late this year or early next year since EN is rushing things.

I got my fourth 6-star Operator using the Top Operator tag, is Ifrit worth leveling up? I am currently trying to get my Hellagur to E2 so I don't want to waste any resources

joined Jul 26, 2016

Iffy is pretty situational due to her idiosyncratic attack range (ie. 4-5x1 line) but when you can find a good lane for her she's made of pure MILLIONS DIE IN FIRE. The fact that she debuffs enemy defenses only adds to the mayhem.

Bankai Old ManHellagur should certainly be a more widely applicable Op tho.

joined Apr 30, 2020

Just want to say that if you cleared the event's lottery boxes, you should have gotten the mats for elite 2 Ifrit.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Speaking of the event, if I interpreted the last story scene (loaded with ominous vagueness as usual when Kal is on screen) correctly the AUS is a band literally made up of Eldritch Abominations from the depths that have taken an interest in mortal shenanigans?

Because that's metal as fuck if you think about it. \m/

joined Apr 30, 2020

Speaking of the event, if I interpreted the last story scene (loaded with ominous vagueness as usual when Kal is on screen) correctly the AUS is a band literally made up of Eldritch Abominations from the depths that have taken an interest in mortal shenanigans?

Because that's metal as fuck if you think about it. \m/

That was also my interpretation with the added caveat that apparently the Abyssals (not sure if applies to Aegir as a whole so including Skadi, Specter, Deepcolor, etc.) are relatively sane and humanoid when young but they turn into monsters as they grow older

joined Jul 26, 2016

That was also my interpretation with the added caveat that apparently the Abyssals (not sure if applies to Aegir as a whole so including Skadi, Specter, Deepcolor, etc.) are relatively sane and humanoid when young but they turn into monsters as they grow older

The convo read to me rather like the Aegir are pretty much the traditional enemies of... whatever the fuck the undersea Things now are, hence Abyssal Hunters. Apparently Skadi at least carries some kind of unusual 'scent' of yet-unrevealed significance the AUS gals noticed, too. Probably also noteworthy that they seemed to be both uninformed of and curious about (which is why they approached Kal who's pretty much in charge of being the X-Files of RI and generally knowing way too much for comfort) some kind of important undersea encounter that, given the context, implicitly at least Skadi and possibly also Specter were involved in...

OFC the heavily hinted-at longstanding if rather hostile relationship between the Aegir and the Abyssals puts Deepcolor's particular skillset and choice of codename in rather interesting light, given she's obviously Aegir by race and her file states outright the background info she gave RI was to a large degree confirmed total bullshit... Kal and Skadi (and whoever else might be familiar with such matters, possibly incl. Blue Poison who's hinted to have worked with the Hunters in the past) don't seem to be too concerned about her tho so she's presumably safe.

Speaking of, notice how the trust/relationship map groups Poison (who straight up has a link to Specter) and Deepcolor right next to the two Hunters and assigns them the same series of "identification code" (AA0X)...? Yeah that's totally not suggestive as all get-out. >_>

joined Apr 30, 2020

The convo read to me rather like the Aegir are pretty much the traditional enemies of... whatever the fuck the undersea Things now are, hence Abyssal Hunters. Apparently Skadi at least carries some kind of unusual 'scent' of yet-unrevealed significance the AUS gals noticed, too. Probably also noteworthy that they seemed to be both uninformed of and curious about (which is why they approached Kal who's pretty much in charge of being the X-Files of RI and generally knowing way too much for comfort) some kind of important undersea encounter that, given the context, implicitly at least Skadi and possibly also Specter were involved in...

OFC the heavily hinted-at longstanding if rather hostile relationship between the Aegir and the Abyssals puts Deepcolor's particular skillset and choice of codename in rather interesting light, given she's obviously Aegir by race and her file states outright the background info she gave RI was to a large degree confirmed total bullshit... Kal and Skadi (and whoever else might be familiar with such matters, possibly incl. Blue Poison who's hinted to have worked with the Hunters in the past) don't seem to be too concerned about her tho so she's presumably safe.

Speaking of, notice how the trust/relationship map groups Poison (who straight up has a link to Specter) and Deepcolor right next to the two Hunters and assigns them the same series of "identification code" (AA0X)...? Yeah that's totally not suggestive as all get-out. >_>

Oh my interpretation is Aegir is the race that came from the place of the same name, and it encompasses all the marine beings that live in/spawn from Aegir. However, there is the faction, Abyssal Hunters that go against the seemingly malevolent Abyssals. Both are Aegir in the sense that they are marine beings. It is possible the Abyss itself is a separate thing that corrupts Aegirians and that's what the Abyssal Hunters are fighting against (Arknights is the Dark Souls of gacha games lol). The things is, the final words of Alty were a warning that "They" supposedly referring to the Aegirians we have are potentially becoming older and "hungrier" suggesting that becoming sea monsters is the end phase for Aegirians.

Speaking of connections to the Abyssal Hunters, I'd like to think Cuora is connected somehow. Conveniently has amnesia and has baseball bat and backpack made of unknown materials. No explicit connection to Skadi's sword, but... strong and made of unknown materials too...

joined Jul 26, 2016

Oh my interpretation is Aegir is the race that came from the place of the same name, and it encompasses all the marine beings that live in/spawn from Aegir. However, there is the faction, Abyssal Hunters that go against the seemingly malevolent Abyssals. Both are Aegir in the sense that they are marine beings. It is possible the Abyss itself is a separate thing that corrupts Aegirians and that's what the Abyssal Hunters are fighting against (Arknights is the Dark Souls of gacha games lol). The things is, the final words of Alty were a warning that "They" supposedly referring to the Aegirians we have are potentially becoming older and "hungrier" suggesting that becoming sea monsters is the end phase for Aegirians.

Aegirians seem to be by and large considered a race like any other though, just remote and isolated - for somewhat unclear reasons it's the Sarkaz (the race, presumably also the dominant majority in the state of the same name similar to the Ursus) who have the all-around nasty and scary rep. Shining vaguely mentions a war in that context; given small-scale border wars and similar skirmishes seem to be a routine occurrence in the world and not a cause for any particular lasting enmity one has to presume state!Sarkaz went full Hitler on everybody else to earn that kind of shitlisting for the race or something...

Okay the Vampires being a Sarkaz subspecies probably doesn't help any, judging by how Warfarin describes most of her kind to be.

Speaking of connections to the Abyssal Hunters, I'd like to think Cuora is connected somehow. Conveniently has amnesia and has baseball bat and backpack made of unknown materials. No explicit connection to Skadi's sword, but... strong and made of unknown materials too...

Eh, this setting has no shortage of weird and creepy shit. Just look at things like the whole business with Red and "Grandmother", the metric fuckton of pure ominous that surrounds everything connected to Ifrit, or the implications of Nightingale's backstory. Or what the shit Mephisto pulls with the Possessed hints about Originium...

It's like Kal made a point of scooping up as many people with alarming backgrounds and connections as she can find pretty much just to have them somewhere she can keep an eye on, really.

joined Apr 30, 2020

It's like Kal made a point of scooping up as many people with alarming backgrounds and connections as she can find pretty much just to have them somewhere she can keep an eye on, really.

And thus Rhodes Island Foster Care

joined Jul 26, 2016

And thus Rhodes Island Foster Care

Daycare is Reserve Op Six tho (poor Orchid) :P

joined Jul 26, 2016

Anyway, I rewatched the final scene and Alty specifically refers to her kind as distinct from and enemies of the Aegirians; she also describes the AUS quartet as "very young" and "the only ones among us who can be called young", whatever that now implies of Abyssal demographics and life-cycles. Moreover she talks about "those special Aegirians", presumably Skadi and Specter, in ways implying there's something fundamentally different about them from normal ones ("a scent that didn't belong to them" and the ominous bit about them "drifting away from us" etc.) and the scene ends with her querying Kal about their birth...

So basically Aegir is apparently Grim Up North Lovecraft Land with some very problematic wildlife, likely tentacled. Guessing tourism isn't a growth industry over there, unless outside hired help like Blue is hinted to have been visit frequently and in numbers. :P

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

@YarnGirl: definitely level her! She carries really hard in a lot of stages, like anni 3. I used her on every challenge mode map on the event. She was suboptimal in only one map. She works amazingly well in roadblock maps too.
You'll need that skill 2 at a high level, her e2 talent is really good too!

Speaking of the story, I wish there was an in game way to read events. Having to use 3rd parties is kinda inconvenient. Even FGO has that feature lol.

Also, meh. Still had some sanity pots, I should've farmed harder. It's kinda hard to manage 4 grinds even with no work lol

Edit 2: OMG Sora is so cute XD. I finally deployed her.

last edited at May 13, 2020 8:37AM

joined Apr 30, 2020

Speaking of the story, I wish there was an in game way to read events. Having to use 3rd parties is kinda inconvenient. Even FGO has that feature lol.

Apparently that feature is coming to the CN version soon

Edit 2: OMG Sora is so cute XD. I finally deployed her.

I really appreciate the effort they put into her dancing animation.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu no Eijaf, 3rd freaking Nightingale. She definitely hates me and I think Nightingale is stalking me. That's what I get for saying I have great luck in AK.
Not actually going to whale, Im gonna start saving tickets for when shes in exchange.

At least I maxed Myrtle now...lets get her to E2 and skill M3.
I also got a cute Nightmare and Sussuro aaaand Vermeil aaaand Specter...and 2 Warfarin, which means I wasted 45 certificates...
210 orundum for the main banner yaaay.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Main problem with Nightmare is that her second, damage-dealing, skill suffers from severely if perhaps appropriately schizophrenic design and gimps itself. It's apparently so pronouncedly bad it's one of the very few skills due a buff in the upcoming balance/QoL patch on CN (global ETA unknown). : /

Her S1 may be useful if you need an auxiliary healer of sorts in a tight spot I guess.

To reply you must either login or sign up.