Forum › Arknights!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Make friends, share, discuss, post your salt, drool over 2d lesbians, drool over 2d boobs...the usual stuff!

Add me Rye#9427

Oh and ask away if you need any help. I got a little bit addicted.

Useful links:
mats
Simple open recruit tag search
Basic gameplay guides I recommend reading the shop guide at least.

There's also a lot of guides in YT, just search whatever you need if you don't feel like reading.

It's a good time to start playing rn, free 10 roll+beginner free 10 roll will probably start you out in a good spot.

Rolled on the Schwarz banner got Ch'en...
suffering from success
Anyway, I'm probably going to clear everything Im misssing to buy all the swimsuits. The thing is...I don't have Sora, Skyfire or Shining. To buy or not to buy...

I'm about E2 Angelina. Saving for Eijaff.
I don't have any of the fan favorite couples RIP
Edit: I forgot I got Franka recently and Liskarm was my 1st defender so, I got that one.

last edited at May 8, 2020 8:00AM

I have been tempted to start this game, any advice for someone who knows nothing about it? I am used to gacha games at this point thanks to Magia Record and Symphogear

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Add me Rye #9724

Can't seem to find you. Btw, my ID is Myrrhmidon#0854

I have been tempted to start this game, any advice for someone who knows nothing about it? I am used to gacha games at this point thanks to Magia Record and Symphogear

First of all, if you plan on rerolling, now is a good time. Between now and May 13 players will be given a 10 roll ticket. You can use that to reroll in the Schwarz banner or in the other Standard banner. Do NOT use the ticket on the Discount banner. Discount banner is a separate one that guarantees a 5 star AND a 6 star. You should have received some gacha currency which you can use for SINGLE rolls in the discount banner. This way, you can reroll in two banners. I recommend single rolls so you can save currency. As for general tips after you've settled with an account, try to clear the prologue (chapters 0 and 1) then grind a team of 12 units to at least elite 1 level 40-50 with level 4 skills which should be enough to clear the current event and annihilation 1 and 2.

I am installing the game rn, how easy/quick is it to reroll? do I have to reinstall the game or can I just clear the game data?

joined Apr 30, 2020

I am installing the game rn, how easy/quick is it to reroll? do I have to reinstall the game or can I just clear the game data?

Very easy. Before you login, there is a button on the upper left that will just let you delete your account data. If you're logged in already, go to Settings -> Account -> Logout. Btw, when you settle for an account already, go to Account to bind your account.

Thanks, I will post again once I have finished rerolling :)

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I've played it a bit; ironically right when I'm stuck at home trying out some mobile games ... quite impressed for a mobile game, gotta say, but not that interesting gameplay-wise.

I do like that it seems to be f2p friendly. Of course as always you can spend insane amount of moneys on nothing tangible if you want to, but if you just to play a bit of tower defense and collect some characters it's fine; don't stress about it, just go at it at your own pace.

I will say, yeah, it's good to know the guaranteed 6-star rule; ie for each gacha banner you get a 6-star roll within 10 rolls. But it can be on the 1st or 5th or any roll, so do the rolls one by one to not waste currency (except for the newb banner, might as well do all the rolls there).
Headhunting permits are rare so you might want to save those if you feel at some point you have specific plans. But otherwise ... eh.
Maybe look into Certificates; they aren't that easy to get either (but will accumulate over time naturally, basically).

Overall you can't really screw yourself over too badly I'd say so just enjoy.

last edited at Apr 30, 2020 1:26PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

I will say, yeah, it's good to know the guaranteed 6-star rule; ie for each gacha banner you get a 6-star roll within 10 rolls.

5* or higher, actually (read - 5* most of the time). They're not THAT generous. (The "+2% chance per 50 pulls without a 6*" cumulative pity bonus does apply specifically to 6*s tho.) :P

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

5* or higher, actually (read - 5* most of the time). They're not THAT generous. (The "+2% chance per 50 pulls without a 6*" cumulative pity bonus does apply specifically to 6*s tho.) :P

Right. I got completely mixed up with the entire rarity thing. It's just the newbie banner that guarantees 1 6-star roll; for all the others it's as you say. Well. There aren't that many 6-stars in the first place.

Mine was Exusiaiaiaia who seems pretty useful all around to kill small fries. But admittedly that's something a lot of chars can do so nobody too spectacular.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

OMG PULLED FOR SORA AND GOT TEXAS INSTEAD YAAAAAAAASSSSSS!!!!!
ahem
Updated OP with links.

Can't seem to find you. Btw, my ID is Myrrhmidon#0854

Added you, accidentally put a space between the name and # lol.

@YarnGirl: Welcome! I recommend not re rolling TOO hard. I did like 15 re rolls and got so bored it took me 3~ days to actually start playing. Ended up with a SilverAsh+Silence+Zima roll, ended up getting my preferred starter (Angelina) later anyway.
Start something that covers your basics. I'd take a 5* healer on top of your 6*.
SilverAsh is a win button at E2 but E2 takes forever - annihilatio 3 cheese. Saria and Siege are amazing starters too. Exusiai can carry for a while, Angelina basically replaces Amiya early on, they require a bit more thinking. The healers are really good but as starters? Idk...up to you.

joined Apr 30, 2020

OMG PULLED FOR SORA AND GOT TEXAS INSTEAD YAAAAAAAASSSSSS!!!!!

I assume you'll just buy Sora from the shop? Gotta complete Texas' harem

If we're going for meta choices, maybe Saria since she's the best out of the healing defenders and the most used operator in Arknights' hardest content, Contingency Contract, which btw, is supposed to be in June. But, imo, go with whoever is most interesting to you. In the context of this forum, obviously reroll for Schwarz so she can be together with Ceylon. Maybe get Glaucus together with Blue Poison. Apparently these two are shipped together.

I couldn't be bothered to reroll tons for a perfect start, after a few rerolls I got Schwarz and Silverash and decided that looked good enough

joined Apr 30, 2020

Congrats. Now just need to get Ceylon so she can be with Schwarz. Btw, it seems based on the dialogue from the event, Schwarz has been taking care of Ceylon since she was young... so Age gap ?

As for general tips after you've settled with an account, try to clear the prologue (chapters 0 and 1) then grind a team of 12 units to at least elite 1 level 40-50 with level 4 skills which should be enough to clear the current event and annihilation 1 and 2.

What is the best way to grind? Should I just go through the main story stuff?

last edited at May 1, 2020 11:22AM by

joined Apr 30, 2020

What is the best way to grind? Should I just go through the main story stuff?

Yeah try to clear chapters 0 and 1 (Prologue and Episode 1) and maybe Episode 2 cause there are still a few tutorials there but there is a difficulty jump. To level your units you need to grind the Supplies stages. Unfortunately, not all of them are open everyday. Only the exp stage is open everyday. You would probably want to grind up to LS-3, CE-5 for general leveling and then CA-3 for skills. Materials are found in the story stages like FGO. Then there are chips to be farmed in the Chips stages. I think you can do this casually. Probably finish Prologue then try to clear the first stages of Supplies then finish up to chapter 1 or early chapter 2. Maybe getting your units to a comfortable level to grind the third stages of Supplies.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I assume you'll just buy Sora from the shop? Gotta complete Texas' harem

I'm struggling here! I'm at 122 certs. I really want to buy Shining too but I don't I'll get enough for both in 12 days. I think I'll get Sora...she's not in rate up very often anyway. Im gonna spam recruit and see if I get enough for both. I need to e2 Apple pie too...and hopefully get Mostima.

I couldn't be bothered to reroll tons for a perfect start, after a few rerolls I got Schwarz and Silverash and decided that looked good enough

That's a nice line up! Be sure to train your starter team (Fang, Hibiscus, Ansel, Kroos, etc.) first since 3* are super free to e1.
The current event gives a lot of LMD and mats. I recommend playing it once you're done with chapter 1 or 2 since it's not very difficult to get to Ceylon's stage.

Quick tip: in open recruit try using the 'Robot' tag, you'll get a VERY helpful cheap healer/guard. And if you see 'Top operator' or 'Senior operator' USE THEM and put all 9 hours, it's guaranteed 6* and 5* respectively.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Mine was Exusiaiaiaia who seems pretty useful all around to kill small fries. But admittedly that's something a lot of chars can do so nobody too spectacular.

I lucksacked and managed to pull both Applepie and Silverdaddy on an account reroll, feels good man. :^)

Anyway, being a "high-speed" multihit conventional sniper Exu is gr8 against everything that isn't a high-Def tank - but then you'll want to use Arts damage and/or armour break type abilities (Meteor comes to mind, and she's a pretty common pull from recruitement search too) against those kinds of enemies in any case.

Speaking of quick tips, this site and particularly the recruitement tag viewer. Doesn't play nice with all browsers tho.

Edit of edit: oh it was already added to the OP. Well whatevs.

last edited at May 2, 2020 8:26AM

I was able to clear all of the content in the first 2 parts of the event (OF and OF-F), but I wasn't able to 3 star the finale level in both

I don't think I will be able to clear the last part of the event though (OF-EX)

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

That's pretty good tbh. I had to help a friend(?) get past OF-4...he's been playing for months.

You should be able to get levels/promotions on your team by just farming OF-7 to get high enough stats for the maps you're missing.

Remember to bring a friend operator on challenge mode since you can't auto them anyway.

Did you add me? I got a FR from someone with Schwarz. If it's you...you got Vulcan?! And Schwarz is E2 already?! What the- You started like a week ago XD. Anyway, you can probably cheese some maps with my Ifrit or truesilver, just bring a couple of defenders and a healer or two. cough the stages you couldn't 3* cough

Nah that isn't me (I forgot to add you, I will go do that rn)

My name is Amy#9165, my supports are E1 Lvl 40 Amiya and E1 Lvl 40 Schwarz. I also have SilverAsh and Hellagur that I am about to promote to E1 (I just need to get a couple of resources)

Are you Rye#9427? nothing comes up for Rye#9724 but does for the first one

last edited at May 7, 2020 10:37AM by

Who should I put on my support? I can't decide between Hellagur, Schwarz or SilverAsh

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Yeah, sorry it's 9427 I didn't notice the typo. Your support slot is up to you...I'd say keep Schwarz for now but that's just me wanting to borrow her XD

...then who IS this Makisu? They were lvl 40 with 6* e2, level 45 today. That is some crazy progress.

I managed to 3 star OF-8, now I need to go 3 star OF-F4

last edited at May 8, 2020 8:50PM by

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I find the main thing with Pompeii (or whatsitsname) is having an AoE healer to counter the multi-damage and burn. I know everyone keeps talking about this or that 6-star that can just kill them, and, fine, cheese ;) , but if that's not an option (or you don't want to) then I say ... AoE healer is the critical component of the setup.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I mean, I do have pot2 Nightingale and Ptilopsis(I used her) but I don't know if YarnYarn even pulled Perfumer yet.
I think Silence is also a great suggestion because of her drone. But again, 5*
You can also use heal defenders. Gummy has a cute skin now, use her

Using Gravel or whoever as bait is also very helpful.

The variety is what makes AK fun.

But the thing is, high DPS is always optimal in most games when it comes to farming. Hellagur can solo the damn thing.

To reply you must either login or sign up.