Forum › NicoEli Twinkle Love discussion

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I dunno what beautiful soul decided to translate all these rare pair love live doujins lately, but I just wanna say, I appreciate you very much.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^^ I was gonna say nearly the opposite lol- what with the massive influx of nico x nozo or other weird pairs that make no sense and don't work together?

Smell_1
joined Dec 5, 2016

Thanks Thanks Kamen

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

^^ I was gonna say nearly the opposite lol- what with the massive influx of nico x nozo or other weird pairs that make no sense and don't work together?

It may not be the case, but I’m under the impression that NozoNico is an incredibly popular ship.

Img_8243
joined Feb 25, 2018

It may not be the case, but I’m under the impression that NozoNico is an incredibly popular ship.

I call NozoNico the Amazing Chemistry Ship! It's certainly not a rarepair. Not any more...
That chemistry between people is an ultra rare thing! A UR pair... Yeap!

473a2eb411ff7fe55f43b145b0e4fdc1
joined Oct 15, 2018

Any Nico pair works. It's surprising how many doujins of every Nico pair there is but never gets translated. There was this cute Kotori x Nico doujin that looked so cute.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

TAG THIS PROPERLY, THIS WAS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE MOST ADORABLE OT3RD YEARS THAT IVE SEN

Img_8243
joined Feb 25, 2018

Any Nico pair works. It's surprising how many doujins of every Nico pair there is but never gets translated. There was this cute Kotori x Nico doujin that looked so cute.

I can’t help but notice that Nico surpassed everyone (even Maki), when she is paired with the other characters.
If someone take the time and check, she’s literally paired with everyone, to the point that doujins including other characters are significantly outnumbered. In other words, she numerically/totally prevails amongst everyone!
(At least in doujins and pics that are posted on this site).

What I see is:

1)Nico-Maki (Magnetism)
2)Nico-Nozomi (Chemistry)
3)Nico-Honoka (Baka Pair)
4)Nico-Kotori (Sheer Love)
5)Nico-Eli (Polar Opposites)
6)Nico-Hanayo (Cuteness Overdose)
7)Nico-Umi (Really Intriguing!)
8)Nico-Rin (Nico Nico Nya!)
9)Tsubasa is there too!

All in all I’m super happy that she IS the number one!

last edited at Feb 24, 2019 7:13AM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I agree NicoEli is indeed a rare-pair. The TRIO of her, Nozomi and Eli isn't nearly as rare. Nor is a Bibi trio all that rare. Nozomi and Maki are both often associated with Nico in pairs, after all, so it's basically a threesome. And it goes without saying that Nozomi would be okay with an Eli Nozomi Nico threesome. As for Maki, she's sometimes paired with her fellow "cool" Soldier Game idols, either Umi or Eli. Among the third years Nico is the third wheel. In Bibi, Eli is the third wheel. You know when Nico could have really gotten together with Eli? When both were anti-µ's!
That would make a good doujin, though Eli would feel betrayed when Nico joined anyway.

I can’t help but notice that Nico surpassed everyone (even Maki), when she is paired with the other characters.
If someone take the time and check, she’s literally paired with everyone, to the point that doujins including other characters are significantly outnumbered. In other words, she numerically/totally prevails amongst everyone!
(At least in doujins and pics that are posted on this site).

I am a little surprised if she takes the crown from Maki. My sense is that in my OTP of NicoMaki the one who is usually running around on her girlfriend by being with others in other doujins is Maki. Everyone loves Maki, basically. I used to like Nico x not-Maki doujins for that reason, it was only fair if Nico cheated too.

BTW Nezuchan brought up fan fiction: on fan fiction dot net there are a few more Eli x Nozomi than Nico x Maki and on achive of our own dot org there are a few more Nico x Makis than Nozomi x Elis. If you search tumblr you have to search both Nozomi Eli and Nozomi Eri and there are about as many of each. However, when you get to Wattpad, you suddenly find quantity over quality. There are about 20,000 - no, seriously - Nozomi x Eli or Nozomi fan fictions and about 16,000 Nico x Makis. That absolutely dwarfs all other fan fiction of either couple combined. Fan art for Nozomi x Eli/Eri is heavily weighted to NicoMaki. The # of NicoMaki doujins out there is several times the # of NozoEli. And even though Rinpana is cute, it would be safe to say there is NozoEli and NicoMaki and then there are all the other pairs, not even close.

last edited at Feb 24, 2019 6:06PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^^ I am surprised at how many doujins seem to like pairing Maki up with others. I love both Niko and Maki as characters, not just their pairing - but I just don't see them working as a pair with anyone but each other. Some characters I can see with several different people- like Eli and Umi and Kotori- but not Nico or Maki at all.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

^^ I am surprised at how many doujins seem to like pairing Maki up with others. I love both Niko and Maki as characters, not just their pairing - but I just don't see them working as a pair with anyone but each other. Some characters I can see with several different people- like Eli and Umi and Kotori- but not Nico or Maki at all.

I am a devout NicoMaki shipper, it's literally my favorite in any medium, ever.

That said:

Maki: first of all in both Japan and the West she's got a lot of ships. The biggest are Honoka, Rin and Umi. In the Honoka case in the anime and to a lesser extent in the manga Honoka basically seduced Maki into joining in a very girlfriend-seeking way. Umi and Maki are basically two of the cool beauties and both serious. She is friends with Rin (and Hanayo) before anything starts, but I don't really see her over Rin for Hanayo or Hanayo for Rin.

Nico: was vaguely sort of friends with Nozomi and Nozomi humored her ego in the PVs, drama CDs and maybe if my memory isnt wrong, one or two of the diaries. Nico and Kotori spend a lot of time together and both have personas - legendary maid Minalinsky and Nico-nii. Nico and Hanayo spend hours indulging in idol fandom, which is what Nico did all of her second year in high school. Nico is associated with Honoka and Rin in the Idiot Trio and with Hanayo and Rin in the after-school navigators. Also, Nico looks very young so she can be confused for being another first year.

Nico and Maki both started as semi-gag character stereotypes.

To reply you must either login or sign up.