Forum › Okirakugaki discussion

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

what do you think of this bokurano ?
i didn't know it, and looking for it on baka-updates, i read some entusiastic comment,
i didn't understand if it's more seinen or shonen,
not that it's a problem either, recently i marathoned some shonen like magician and tower or god and i liked them anyway

joined May 12, 2014

WIDE higurashi

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

i didn't know it, and looking for it on baka-updates, i read some entusiastic comment,
not that it's a problem either, recently i marathoned some shonen like magician and tower or god and i liked them anyway

It's seinen. I've never read it or watch it either but from what I've heard it's pretty messed up.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

When Japan makes a Seinen story involving children, there is 99% chance one of them has a story of sexual abuse. I don't really want to see that, even in a cartoon, so it's always best to just skip manga or anime involving this scenario.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

When Japan makes a Seinen story involving children, there is 99% chance one of them has a story of sexual abuse. I don't really want to see that, even in a cartoon, so it's always best to just skip manga or anime involving this scenario.

21st Century Boys seems largely to be the exception.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

It's...well, have you ever seen or read Narutaru? Yeah, same author. If you're looking for fluffy happiness, look elsewhere.

joined Jun 8, 2013

I liked Bokurano but yeah it's a very dark story. There are some similarities to the darker aspects of Puella Magi Madoka Magica for example, children forced to fight to save the universe with a hopeless personal outcome as their ultimate reward. There are at least a dozen children ( I forget the actual number since it's been a long time since I read it ) and they all have different backgrounds and personal stories. A lot of the manga is looking at the children's lives and how they deal with what has happened to them. I think it is worth reading but it definitely won't leave you with happy feelings. In fact I read somewhere that the director of the anime thought it was too bleak and got permission from Mohiro Kitoh to change things somewhat so the anime isn't as dark as the manga.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

thank you all for the answers,
i'm not fond of minor's abuse story, but i like drama and dark plot, i think i give it a shot,

i haven't problems with sad stories, because when i want to lighten my heart, i come here on DR

last edited at Jun 2, 2014 4:58PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.