Forum › Mercy discussion

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Ok, I can't handle the art.
Is the story good enough to force myself?

Tohsaka_Aeryn86
joined Mar 20, 2013

I had to get used to the art, but I thought the story was worth it. Love the ending. I could actually totally believe this was a continuation of the series. Great Shiznat story!

joined Jun 27, 2013

It's true, you really have to get used to the art first. It might not be easy, but if you can see past that, you should probably think about reading this one.
I have to admit, it wasn't that good. I was often confused, and I feel like this kind of story would have been perfect for a fanfiction, but like this, you just don't get everything that is going on.
Still, I enjoyed reading it and as a Shiznat fan, I really enjoyed the last 2 chapters.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The art's not that great, although it has these odd moments where it's actually pretty good. But the writing is much better and while there are a few confusing bits, especially towards the end, it still doesn't detract all that much. Part of it is occasionally you don't know who's talking or whether you're in a flashback or not, but that's more the art's fault I think.

joined May 31, 2014

O.o this is finally posted on another website and it is updated :D
What i can say about this is that the author's drawing has improved a lot over the years :)
So for those questioning about the art..... i say give it a try and it may adapt to your style as you get further into the story ;)

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

This was a wonderful read for one of my all time favorite pairings! I highly enjoyed this =)

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I'll say that the art does improve a little further on, but obviously the style itself won't change. As for the story, it really feels quite fanfiction-y, complete with misspellings and gratuitous Japanese words, but the overall concepts weren't all too bad. I think my impression of this one is that they tried. It wasn't the best, but it could have been worse.

GemmaTheFucker
Jo
joined Mar 20, 2014

I can't that art is just...horrible

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

The story itself is really good if you don't let the art bother you =)

Tumblr_mom2rcrmt01r040i0o1_500
joined Mar 9, 2013

what does Shizuru meant when she said "kanin na" to Natsuki?
i'm soryy i'm really not that familiar with japanese...

joined May 31, 2014

"Kanin na" means "forgive me", but i am not entirely sure :/

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

aaaaaaangst... so bittersweet

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

Well, didn't mind the art! As long as it's a story that I could read! Mai at chapter 5 pg 26 XD ahhaha

joined Apr 13, 2012

I quite enjoyed it. Yes, art was difficult but wasn't that bad. This had some awesome lines and gave me all the ShizNat yuri feels. A good read nevertheless

joined May 2, 2014

Oh woow that was full of feelings I was about to cry in some points , I don't give a dam about the art Cuz the story is so moving to me really good one I really enjoyed this <3333333333333

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

Mercy? Lord have mercy in my brain dam this was kinda hard to follow

Img_20171030_220015_379
joined Oct 31, 2016

the art wasn't THAT bad (cuz I've seen worst) and the story line was great but it was kinda hard to follow a little...

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Despite the flaws it was worth reading. It gave me most of the ShizNat things and feels I like and crave. I would have liked more focus on the Hinagiku plot, though. Is the author still active?

joined Feb 8, 2016

I have the feeling the artist is new, so the art needs some practice, but who of us can say we could even come close to drawing even half as good? So some slack on the art is warranted. The story line was fantastic! Very well thought out and planned. It was worth the art to read the story. Kudos!

To reply you must either login or sign up.