Forum › Can't add series to Lists - How to fix it [Solved]

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

Is anyone else having this issue where you cannot mark series as to read, read, or favourite list? One shots are fine. Just series. When I click on the plus icon, it changes to the loading icon and gets stuck there.

last edited at Aug 12, 2018 2:12AM

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

If you have an ad blocker, it might be interfering with the menu. Disabling uBlock Origin for this site fixed the problem for me.

For site admins: one of the default blocklists for uBlock and other ad-blockers (EasyList) catches the "?tag_id=" portion of the menu selection.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

If you have an ad blocker, it might be interfering with the menu. Disabling uBlock Origin for this site fixed the problem for me.

For site admins: one of the default blocklists for uBlock and other ad-blockers (EasyList) catches the "?tag_id=" portion of the menu selection.

Thank you for working this out, was wondering why this suddenly happened.

Until the Tech Guy for the site is back and can fix this, I'd highly recommend disabling any adblocks you have for this site. We don't have adverts anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem. May pin this thread if this is a recurring issue.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

This is probably why I had trouble subscribing to a series the other day but there's also one other alternative that looks to work. Since the list buttons are actually links you can just open them in a new tab. It seems to take a little longer than the normal way but it should still add it to whatever list you were trying to add it to.

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

Ah you are right. Disabling ublock works. Thank you. Was wondering if it was only me since I didn't see a post about it.

Image%20(5)
joined Jul 17, 2018

If you have Ghostery, that can also cause issues, even though Ghostery is not by the typical definition an adblocker. I never even thought to turn it off because adding individual chapters to LIsts worked fine, but Series didn't, so I thought something broke on the websites back end until I looked here.

Shigure%20beach
joined Oct 18, 2017

This thread was very helpful as i've been having the same problem.

It's very cool that dynasty has no ads whatsoever. I've seen a good few sites lately who have ads but force people to turn off their adblockers (despite the fact the sites use spam levels of ads) and ban you if you dont.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

This thread is being retired, the information has been added to the FAQ, Help, Suggestions thead. Thank you, all who helped.

last edited at Jan 7, 2021 2:18PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.