Forum › Like a Kitten, Like a Bird discussion

joined Jan 4, 2014

Sooooo nice. Those two are still one of my all time favourite pairings from Marimite.

Oh. And the credit page almost killed me. Perfect!

joined May 25, 2017

this was so cute and refreshing :))

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

The first bit felt somewhat out of character for Shimako especially who I would not see as someone as easily flustered as all that, but eh parallel worlds or what was it so anything goes and it was cute anyways! The second bit however felt a lot like Marimite.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ah my soul is blessed with unexpected but beautiful shimako x noriko.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

The first bit felt somewhat out of character for Shimako especially who I would not see as someone as easily flustered as all that, but eh parallel worlds or what was it so anything goes and it was cute anyways! The second bit however felt a lot like Marimite.

If you remember the drama the Yamayurikai created, with the help of Touko, and how even Shimako reacted, then it becomes clear she has that easily embarrassed, flustered side. Some of her perfect above-it-all image, as even Yumi and Katsura see her at the start, is a bit of a front.

19642653_1951141231771763_2417375312714862391_n
joined Aug 5, 2017

it's so fucking funny that gokigenyou wasn't translated

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

If you're a fan, you wouldn't want it to be, is my guess. Also, it's not as simple as "stay feeling happy" or "Hello" or "Goodbye" or "Greetings" or "How have you been lately? Have you been a bit down?" etc. It can mean a lot in context. I realize that goes for most Japanese, but Gokigenyou is particularly contextual, even so.

http://www.st-joseph.ac.jp

St. Joseph's uses it, some elements of Marimite's anime, etc., might be based on that school.

last edited at Mar 13, 2018 2:36PM

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

What bliss (lmao) it is to see Marimite doujins! This one made me want to rewatch it and catch all the nuance of Shimako and Noriko's relationship

To reply you must either login or sign up.