Forum › Kira Kira Precure a la Mode discussion

... What was this? It doesn't resemble anything I have heard of before.

Is it Precure? A spin off of one of its series? A parody? cooking manga? Where are the recipes or detailed ahegao-like expressions when they eat?

Not many things confuse me like this did.

Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

This the manga version of the current Precure series.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Haven't seen much about this series (technically, I haven't seen more than 5 Pretty Cure episodes total), which is kind of surprising since I had seen the character preview before and thought Akira was the most blatant nod to yuri fandom I had ever seen it display. I guess it just didn't work well.

last edited at Dec 5, 2017 9:40PM

Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

Haven't seen much about this series (technically, I haven't seen more than 5 Pretty Cure episodes total), which is kind of surprising since I had seen the character preview before and thought Akira was the most blatant nod to yuri fandom I had ever seen it display. I guess it just didn't work well.

No, it's definitely gay as shit, you probably just haven't been looking in the right places. Akira and Yukari are consistently shown and said to be a couple.

joined Jan 17, 2017

Yeah, Akira and Yukari borrow a lot of imagery straight (lol) from Haruka and Michiru afaik

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

This is basically the series that's finally taking the big step into canon territory. Like, not simply incredibly unsubtle subtext that waifufags can brush off, but actual indications of romance. And there's plenty of that to look forward to in the manga.

Also the artist has been posting pics of Yukari and Akira doing Lady and the Tramp and having kids on their Twitter, so that's a good indication.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

No, it's definitely gay as shit, you probably just haven't been looking in the right places. Akira and Yukari are consistently shown and said to be a couple.

Not exactly like I've been searching, and more like wondering why the series' yuri has not yet slapped me in the face like all prior seasons before did (specially the one before this one). I wonder why that is, but good to know the dynamic is still there.

Edit: after actually looking for it, it makes me even more curious. They didn't even bother to make it subtext.

last edited at Dec 6, 2017 8:44AM

joined Dec 4, 2016

It doesn't show on this chapter but the latter chapters is shameless gay.

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/pairings/akira_x_yukari?view=chapters

There are some KiraKira Precure yuri stuff right on this reader.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

'Whip' sounds like the type of name you'd give a Dominatrix

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Or to someone whose signature sweet is a strawberry cake with lots of whipped cream in decoration.

joined Feb 23, 2013

Wait, this is official right? So gay.

Tsubasa
joined Aug 22, 2016

wkwk feel bad for ichika >.<

joined Dec 4, 2016

I am too lazy to catch up with latest episodes, what happen, any interesting development with biburi?

last edited at Jan 11, 2018 6:58AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Wait, this is official right? So gay.

It gets gayer

Tsubasa
joined Aug 22, 2016

I am too lazy to catch up with latest episodes, what happen, any interesting development with biburi?

living with ciel and her brother-in-law, Julio.

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

So, this is just bits from the show, then? Not like it wasn't already on my mental "to watch" list.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

So, this is just bits from the show, then? Not like it wasn't already on my mental "to watch" list.

They're all original stories seperate from the anime storyline, typically with less focus on the magical girl aspect.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

In case you're wondering, yes. It is exactly what it looks like.

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

I give up!
I wonder if Akira knows what this signifies...

joined May 7, 2017

I'm kinda bummed didn't turn out full yuri like this, not a bad development though

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Ms. Macaron, how many hugs does it take to get to the lesbian center of a lesbian pop?

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Not even the yuri we get out of the story can make up for how utterly stupid it is to let a person get kidnapped and tortured just so the rest of the town can eat chocolate. Specially when the scenario almost ends in a lust murder-suicide. It can't even be excused on being silly because it's a kids show, since the chapter was clearly made for the otaku peripheral demographic.

last edited at Nov 24, 2018 5:46AM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

The two girls with the heart cannon are definitely dating

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Sweets are serious business, enough to destroy and re-make the world, so that people can keep enjoying them.

To reply you must either login or sign up.