Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

Okay so now that we have Netflix on, does anyone have any recommendations?

Stranger Things!!!! Stranger Things!!!! Stranger Things!!!!
And Stranger Things season 2!
That's also in sync with the music we posted above! ;)
Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. But that show is really cool!

If you like it violent then Marvel's The Punisher was quite good.
Also the classics: Orange is the new Black and Orphan Black.
Another comic related show: Jessica Jones.
Or, if you like Sci-Fi, Black Mirror.

That's all that comes to mind as far as TV shows go...

last edited at Jan 18, 2018 5:20PM

joined Jun 22, 2016

Synthwave is so cool.

sigh... it is, isn't it! ♥

It's just that when I heard how much would go into making a visual novel, I felt really bad. I don't have any money so I can't pay anyone to help me out and I can't do all of it on my own.

That'll come later...

I'm still going to write the script though because the idea has been sitting in my head for a few years now and I can't stop thinking about it! I have to do something with it, ahhhhh-

That's what I'd recommend. Write the script if it really means so much to you.
Once you're done with that, you can think about the rest.

Oh my gosh I totally forgot about that! I've seen it come up a few times on the main page of Netflix but I kept putting off watching it until I was done with everything else. I'm totally going to start it after I've finished watching Little Witch Academia. My huge anime backlog can wait awhile longer!

If you ever get around to watching it, please tell me what you think.
I watch a lot of shows and I like many. But Stranger Things had some real impact on me. It brings together so many things I love. In my opinion, it's as close to perfection as it gets. But I'm totally unbiased, as you can see (^∇^)

Thank you so much for the recommendations though! I'll add everything to my watch list when I get on my PS4 later.

You're welcome! ^__^

joined Jun 21, 2017

Hey folks. I'm trying to find a scanlation group that does yuri hentai and takes commissions. Also, I'd like someone that can do a Yuri-ism style job with the fonts/typesetting. Anybody got any suggestions for me?

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

MistressTiramisu posted:

Okay so now that we have Netflix on, does anyone have any recommendations? For TV shows or movies, of any genre really. I mostly watch horror movies so it's a little hard for me to know what else I like. I haven't branched out a lot when it comes to watching stuff, so I'd really appreciate some recommendations!

As a big fan of British period dramas I have to shill for The Crown. The sets, costumes, production, and cast are all pretty great (it's supposedly the most expensive show Netflix has made). It's definitely not the kind of thing that appeals to everyone but if shows about rich British aristocrats sound like something you might like, you should give it a try.

last edited at Jan 18, 2018 7:58PM

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Ashleigh

I just finished watching Little Witch Academia and lemme just say that I haven't felt this happy and excited over anything in what seems like forever. It was so bright and colourful and positive.

I'm really happy for you! ^___^

Tomorrow I'm going to start watching all the shows I've been recommended! I'm kinda looking forward to checking out all those shows, because getting into new things might be fun.

Hope you'll like at least some of them! ;)

@ SF

How are you holding up, my friend? (。◕‿◕。)

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@ Anon

How come you're always so kind, when you should call me names and look down on me instead? (╯•ω•╰)

oh.. am I? what.. why? and how comes that you are so negative towards yourself when I can sense something so positive in you... it rests a mystery to me. but thechnically, being a giant irl, I will always look at you from above xD

I slept quite good, thanks. I wasn't really hurt so it didn't affect my sleep at all. 3 small bruises are the only reminders, so all's good! ^^

^_^

What was the issue? The subject itself or the language barrier?

a little or more of the two.. kinda makes me feel so stupid all the time but it serves me right.. ^^

That's the one good thing that age brings, right? Not just regarding exams but life in general. Your perspective changes and things usually seem less dramatic.

yeah, which is great because I usually try to avoid drama..

Divine intervention? … or that he was a stalker...? ^^

yeah.. a stalker.. too bad his last victim had attended some self-defence classes and got his wrist broken... but the devine intervention presented to him a single slighly clumsy lady who happened to need a ride home.. at least now the poor guy has something to do while healing... xD...

sadly my imagination is more humble, what I meant was that in a split second, on seeing what happend to you, he made the decision to do something instead of just passing by... so it can't be a coincidence.. as boring as that xD

Yeah, you're right! I'm a total oddball! That classifies as special, right...? (;ↀ⌓ↀ)

I wonder if I meant it that way.. xD

… (ó.ò) … wanna talk about it...?
If you don't wanna do it here, just write me a mail and I'll definitely reply this time! I promise!

it's so much easier to listen to others, really... when I have to talk about myself - a different story. but I guess I could tell you, but do you want to listen about my anxieties... and I prefer spamming you with kittens xD

And I wasn't even around to wish you good luck...

Damn me! Here: 凸(⊙▂⊙✖ ) I totally deserve this!

hey, stop that! :)

How about some Sheena Ringo then?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oBhhXYoYWM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECxBHhMc7oI

Or her band called Tokyo Jihen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTKwzRAdY7w
A good friend recommended her to me a few years back. And he has great taste, so the love should be spread ;)

I didn't know her.. I'm not familiar with Asian pop.. I come from another planet sometimes.. but I'm lucky to know you! ^_^ thank you! powerful and sexy, and she has style!
no wonder..knowing you.. birds of a feather flock together ^^

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

@ SF

Been doing slightly better actually. ^^
Mostly because of what you said

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ SF

Been doing slightly better actually. ^^
Mostly because of what you said

Glad that I was able to help at least a little. i really don't like seeing my music-loving buddy struggle like that...

You know, the lesson I've learned is that you can run from a lot of things in life - if you're clever or just fast enough ;) - but the one thing you can never truly run from, no matter where you go, are your own feelings. Of course you could try to numb them or to work on ignoring them but that is no real solution. The only way is to face them head on and then, you have to find a way to work with them.
So, if you feel like you don't belong in this world, just create your own little world and make yourself king ^^ That way you will always have a place where you belong and no one can mess with that.
Heck, anything goes, as long as you don't hurt anyone, is my motto ;)

I'll tell you what! I actually created my own cult!
Okay... the membership figure is only a low one digit number... okay, well, actually it is just me in there but hey, I am the leader! And in my cult, words like pathetic just don't exist! (^_-)b

And if they ever decide to institutionalize me, then I will become the queen of that institution!
They can't get me! No one can!!! C= C= C= C= C= C= C= C= C= ┌(;・ω・)┘

(◦’ںˉ◦) v

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Blackkitty

oh.. am I? what.. why?

'cause you are probably the kindest person that roams the earth, that's why! 'nuff said! ;)

and how comes that you are so negative towards yourself when I can sense something so positive in you...

That is because I have to be my hardest judge, my dear! ^^
When no one else dares to judge me, I will! I mean, someone has to do the dirty work, right? ;)
… and I could never stand people that love to judge others but always turn a blind eye whenever it comes to themselves and their own actions...

a little or more of the two.. kinda makes me feel so stupid all the time but it serves me right.. ^^

Now who's being too hard on herself here...?
Ah.... don't say things like that! You've come so far! You can't give up now. You only just started studying there and like all things I'm sure it will get a lot easier with time.
What is it they say...? The night is always darkest right before the sunrise... So don't give up just yet Q('.'Q)

I wonder if I meant it that way.. xD

If you read my last post to SF right above, you totally will! I promise! (^∇^)
;)

it's so much easier to listen to others, really... when I have to talk about myself - a different story. but I guess I could tell you, but do you want to listen about my anxieties... and I prefer spamming you with kittens xD

You can spam me with whatever you like. But if you wanna talk about it – and your anxieties – I will be there to listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qaeoz_7cyE

hey, stop that! :)

No way! I always wanted to use that emoji! And since I can't direct it at anyone else, it just had to be me! (キ▼⊿▼)

last edited at Jan 19, 2018 10:14PM

joined Jun 11, 2016

You know, the lesson I've learned is that you can run from a lot of things in life - if you're clever or just fast enough ;) - but the one thing you can never truly run from, no matter where you go, are your own feelings. Of course you could try to numb them or to work on ignoring them but that is no real solution. The only way is to face them head on and then, you have to find a way to work with them.

Heh, facing my feelings and constantly butting heads with them is what led me to making that discord post, and it's what led me to linking it. I knew that you would definitely understand, which is why I linked it. ^^

So, if you feel like you don't belong in this world, just create your own little world and make yourself king ^^ That way you will always have a place where you belong and no one can mess with that.

Great, now you've reminded me of this song, not that that's a bad thing though.
But on a serious note, it seems like a world all to myself would be really lonely. Thats why I like being here, because it's a world with different people all with different views and different idea's and different personalities. That's what's so great about the double edged spear that is life, theres so many different things happening at the same time flowing together so well and not so well and sometimes getting hit with the feeling that I'm plaguing all of that makes me feel bad at times.

Oof, I really hate ruining the good vibe we had going lol.

I'll tell you what! I actually created my own cult!
Okay... the membership figure is only a low one digit number... okay, well, actually it is just me in there but hey, I am the leader! And in my cult, words like pathetic just don't exist! (^_-)b

I don't know what you're talking about, Dynasty Cafe is your cult! And your goddamn right you're the leader! All of us are your fellow followers! You are a permanent treasure to this world! You should know this by now!

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ SF

Sorry about the second half of that post last night. I just love to let myself get carried away sometimes ^^ But I can ensure you that I had a really good time writing it! (^∇^) I laugh too hard about my own jokes, I'm a total nutcase, I know. (ಥ⌣ಥ) But it's just too damn fun having fun, so I can't help it. Thank god I'm not a sadist! (^∇^)

Heh, facing my feelings and constantly butting heads with them is what led me to making that discord post, and it's what led me to linking it.

Yeah, it's not always easy going down that road. But with time you might find a way to redirect those feelings and turn them into something more positive. Why do you think people created art? ^^
As for me, I somehow turned them into a source of my strength over time.
Writing your thoughts down or talking to others about it often helps a lot. Turning them into a story might be a way to transform them into something positive. Or, since we both are kinda similar in that regard – music addicts, I mean by that ;) - maybe the perfect way for you can be found in music as well. You often listen to laid-back kinda vibes. Perhaps you should find a couple of really intensely emotional songs that somehow reflect your feelings and whenever you feel that way, just turn on the music, crank up the volume until you can't hear your own voice anymore and just shout along with it. ^^ That relieves a lot of stress immediately. 3 or 4 songs are mostly enough and you instantly feel better and then you can focus on something brighter again.
Every person is different but I'm pretty confident that you will discover your own unique method to make yourself feel better again at times like that at one point.

Or maybe, dancing can be your salvation, just like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vjPBrBU-TM
That kid is really awesome btw! Kudos to that!
And now I'm going to spend the rest of my day imagining you dancing around your house like that! (¬‿¬)

I knew that you would definitely understand, which is why I linked it. ^^

That's because I've been there before. And at times like that - even though it might sometimes sound kinda spiteful to say that but - it's totally reassuring to know that you're not suffering alone. ^^

(゚◯゚) That song is awesome!!! Thank you for linking it!!!! I love you, man!!!! That one goes straight to my playlist!
I know DeadMau5 by now but I've never heard that song before! ….or I just didn't pay proper attention to the text....
It's just perfect! I love feeling like that. It's totally addictive!!!
And it also has a great merit: It makes you really autonomous! 'cause in our world, you can't always rely on others to be there when you need them, unfortunately. So being able to back yourself when push comes to shove is a real plus in life!

But on a serious note, it seems like a world all to myself would be really lonely. Thats why I like being here, because it's a world with different people all with different views and different idea's and different personalities. That's what's so great about the double edged spear that is life, theres so many different things happening at the same time flowing together so well and not so well and sometimes getting hit with the feeling that I'm plaguing all of that makes me feel bad at times.

You're right. That's the great thing about other people. Sometimes they open up entirely new perspectives because they're so completely different from yourself or maybe they are the same but have found a completely different way to go through life...
And see? You kinda said it yourself in that paragraph: There are all kinds of different people out there, so there's just no chance in hell that you'll be able to ever annoy them all at once. It's just not possible. Always keep that in mind.

If we just lived a little closer, I might propose hanging out together sometime. But, since that's not possible, do you want my email?
I can't promise to always be there, since I'm soooo not good at sticking around, but maybe I can help whenever you need someone most...

Don't be. It's a constant up and down in life. And you know, with me, I'll always find something silly to say to make myself smile again... and hopefully others too ;)
I'm the kind of person that can even laugh at a funeral at times. ^^

I don't know what you're talking about, Dynasty Cafe is your cult! And your goddamn right you're the leader! All of us are your fellow followers!

Don't say stuff like that or I might start to believe it one day! I might even become Hippie Hitler! So be careful! (☉_☉)

You are a permanent treasure to this world! You should know this by now!

But if that's true for me then it also is for you! I won't accept anything else! ;)

(Why is it that all my posts are always so damn long... I sincerely apologize for that!)

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ CCL

CHOCI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜

It's great to see you again!!!!
Every time I post a weird emoji I wonder how you're doing! ^^ So tell me, how have you been?

I thought the thread died :o

It's undead, just like me! Every now and then it comes back to perverse forms of life again ;)

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqOZB-zEPvM&ab_channel=RichySheehy )

That's totally you in that video, right? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Admit it!

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Unfortunately not from the right country ^.^'

dunno how to feel about being so linked to weird emojis but I'm going with charmed?

I've been fine ish I guess xD Nothing much interesting happens so I don't think there's much to say. How have you been :o

joined Jun 22, 2016

That's a real shame! (¬‿¬)

dunno how to feel about being so linked to weird emojis but I'm going with charmed?

Your avi is partially to blame for that link, you know ^^

I've been fine ish I guess xD Nothing much interesting happens so I don't think there's much to say. How have you been :o

I'm too familiar with that...
Me? I've been pretty busy with breathing, eating, sleeping.... the usual, I guess. You know how life can be sometimes ;) But I'm good.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

I play a fuckton of video games. Been playing a lot of the MH World beta recently, super hyped for the full game. I enjoyed the Dragon Ball FighterZ beta, but I think I'll wait until I see the DLC roster before I buy in. Finally picked up Gravity Rush 2, that's a lot of fun. What've you been playing?

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

I only played a bit for Dragon's Dogma while it was free on PS+, but I thought it was alright. A lot of my friends rave about how good it is, so maybe I should give it another shot. I know for a fact that the original had a banging theme song, at least.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I've been playing games on my Switch (and ended up getting a New 3DS).

I think this is going to be the first year I play the least on my computer (unless you want to count Granblue Fantasy since it is a browser game but I probably play that more on the phone).

Picked up Darkest Dungeon on Switch so I've been playing that. (I have not really played it since it left early access). Also been playing Fire Emblem Awakening.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Glad to see the café as effervescent as it used to be.

Talking about video games, the only one I play- not having much time on my hands to dedicate to playing- is Street Fighter V. Got to say, the very recent arcade edition is cool ! And so are the incoming DLC characters.

joined Jun 11, 2016

Anon
My apologies for taking so long to respond. I got distracted, It happens all to often. ^^

Heh, facing my feelings and constantly butting heads with them is what led me to making that discord post, and it's what led me to linking it.

Yeah, it's not always easy going down that road. But with time you might find a way to redirect those feelings and turn them into something more positive. Why do you think people created art? ^^

That's the thing, the reason we have such great art and music nowadays is because they're fueled by emotions. Then when we find that anime, song, movie, poem, etc that features the same emotions as us we immediately fall in love with it. Hell, It doesn't even have to be art, it could be just a person who we can relate to.

You often listen to laid-back kinda vibes. Perhaps you should find a couple of really intensely emotional songs that somehow reflect your feelings and whenever you feel that way, just turn on the music, crank up the volume until you can't hear your own voice anymore and just shout along with it. ^^ That relieves a lot of stress immediately. 3 or 4 songs are mostly enough and you instantly feel better and then you can focus on something brighter again.

I've actually been looking for anime that reflect those feelings and I've found one that really did good in reflecting my feelings, that one is A Silent Voice. You might've heard of it, Its a anime movie by KyoAni, Its really good. Watching It actually made me feel a bit better about myself.

Or maybe, dancing can be your salvation, just like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vjPBrBU-TM
That kid is really awesome btw! Kudos to that!
And now I'm going to spend the rest of my day imagining you dancing around your house like that! (¬‿¬)

lol I can't dance like that, not even close, that kid outclasses me in every way possible. She really is spectacular, she has quite a future ahead of her.

(゚◯゚) That song is awesome!!! Thank you for linking it!!!! I love you, man!!!! That one goes straight to my playlist!
I know DeadMau5 by now but I've never heard that song before! ….or I just didn't pay proper attention to the text....
It's just perfect! I love feeling like that. It's totally addictive!!!

Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did, deadmau5 has to be among my favorite artists ever. It's just that your post immediately reminded me of the opening lyrics. Also I'd recommend listening to "While 1<2" (the album the song is featured on) It doesn't have similar sounding songs but it's still amazing. It's a really experimental album, I love it.

You're right. That's the great thing about other people. Sometimes they open up entirely new perspectives because they're so completely different from yourself or maybe they are the same but have found a completely different way to go through life...
And see? You kinda said it yourself in that paragraph: There are all kinds of different people out there, so there's just no chance in hell that you'll be able to ever annoy them all at once. It's just not possible. Always keep that in mind.

It's more or less a fear that almost everyone I come in contact with I end up either pissing off or annoying. I know it's not true but still....

If we just lived a little closer, I might propose hanging out together sometime. But, since that's not possible, do you want my email?

Sure, I never really use email but I'm sure I could learn. ^^

Don't be. It's a constant up and down in life. And you know, with me, I'll always find something silly to say to make myself smile again... and hopefully others too ;)

I can assure you that everyone has at least a smile on their face whenever you're around. I swear you have a talent for cheering people up.

I don't know what you're talking about, Dynasty Cafe is your cult! And your goddamn right you're the leader! All of us are your fellow followers!

Don't say stuff like that or I might start to believe it one day! I might even become Hippie Hitler! So be careful! (☉_☉)

A world ruled by Anon would become heaven overnight! I'm positive!

You are a permanent treasure to this world! You should know this by now!

But if that's true for me then it also is for you! I won't accept anything else! ;)

I wouldn't be so sure about that.....Heh.....

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Well, I made pancakes for breakfast today.. afterwards, I got some positive feedback, but I wonder if it’s related to the fact that I burned myself in the process xD

Anyway, as it turns out, today is “National Hug Day” .. >_> so you still have the time to steal a hug xD ...
Choco, come here! hugs ! I’m glad to see you around ^^ I missed your posts in here!
Actually, here are hugs for everyone!

last edited at Jan 21, 2018 2:30PM

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Utoptia

Glad to see the café as effervescent as it used to be.

Hey! Good to see that you're still around as well!
I've been missing some French rap beats for a while now ;)

@ SF

My apologies for taking so long to respond. I got distracted, It happens all to often. ^^

No reason to apologize ^^ I'm the queen of late replies!

Then when we find that anime, song, movie, poem, etc that features the same emotions as us we immediately fall in love with it.

Yeah... (♥ε♥) That's also the reason why I constantly look for new stuff to fall in love with. I'm quite promiscuous when it come to art, I guess (^∇^)
Just can't settle for one thing!

A Silent Voice. You might've heard of it, Its a anime movie by KyoAni, Its really good. Watching It actually made me feel a bit better about myself.

That's good to hear! I just read about the story. Sounds kinda rough. But since it made you feel better, I assume there will be a happy ending. I hope. ^^ I might give it a try and watch it too since now you made me curious.

Also I'd recommend listening to "While 1<2" (the album the song is featured on)

I make sure I will! Thanks! (^_^)b

It's more or less a fear that almost everyone I come in contact with I end up either pissing off or annoying. I know it's not true but still....

Irrational fears are the hardest to deal with.
… and life can be tough so I can't promise that this feeling will go away one day but I hope it will get better as you grow older.

Sure, I never really use email but I'm sure I could learn. ^^

Okay then, please use this as an emergency contact ;)
Whenever you get the feeling that things get too tough and there's no one around to talk, just send me a mail and I will try to be there.

I can assure you that everyone has at least a smile on their face whenever you're around.

I hope you're right! ^^ See? You're not the only one with insecurities ;)
I'm never too sure of myself, I just tend to ignore it most of the time (^∇^)

I wouldn't be so sure about that.....Heh.....

But I am. So it has to be true! ;P

@ Blackkitty

Well, I made pancakes for breakfast today.. afterwards, I got some positive feedback, but I wonder if it’s related to the fact that I burned myself in the process xD

The cute and clumsy giant! (^∇^)
I hope the burn isn't too serious... (๑•́ ₃ •̀๑)

Anyway, as it turns out, today is “National Hug Day” .. >_> so you still have the time to steal a hug xD ...

(´⊙ω⊙`)ᵒᵐᵍᵎᵎᵎ
I missed National Hug Day! T_T It's already past midnight over here...
But here, have a belated hug (っ⌒‿⌒)っ

last edited at Jan 23, 2018 6:34AM

joined Jun 22, 2016

Do you think that if I got really good at writing, people would be willing to commission me? I know artists do commissions all the time, but y'know, all I'm decent at is writing. Getting paid to do something I enjoy would be nice though.

Of course that's possible!
Maybe you'll even become a famous ghostwriter one day!
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/jul/27/bestselling-ghostwriter-reveals-secret-world

last edited at Jan 22, 2018 6:46AM

joined Jun 22, 2016

But isn't the whole point of being a ghostwriter to be anonymous? Not really something I'd want to be honest.

There are known and successful ghostwriters.
But yeah, well... if you only work as a ghostwriter, not revealing your real name on your work is kinda part of the deal ^^

Unfortunately, I didn't watch Little Witch Academia so I'm totally clueless about those pairings...

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

SF posted:
Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did, deadmau5 has to be among my favorite artists ever. It's just that your post immediately reminded me of the opening lyrics. Also I'd recommend listening to "While 1<2" (the album the song is featured on) It doesn't have similar sounding songs but it's still amazing. It's a really experimental album, I love it.

Totally butting into your conversation here but I just gotta say deadmau5 is worth every penny if you get a chance to see him live. Those maus-y synth beats booming out of a concert soundsystem are like nothing else out there! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQC30mLdcqU (I wish I was at this one, lol)

To reply you must either login or sign up.