Forum › Dynasty Reader Userscripts

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Alice Cheshire posted:

Holy hell is Mercurial infuriating as shit to actually get to cooperate when it comes to Github. I went and fixed a few minor issues on the Thingifier (quick quote cancel not clearing the text field and the unread posts link not appearing on series and anthology pages) and it wouldn't let me push the changes to Github because of gwennie-chan's outstanding merge request which I hadn't accepted due to the fact it still has a kinda major bug related to the own posts link never showing up. And of course after that even closing the request didn't allow me to push the changes as per usual when Mercurial starts erroring out. Luckily I found out I could manually update the file directly on Github I guess. Really irritating that this is even an issue though.

Which is why you should just use git itself.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

gwennie-chan posted:

Yeah but Git's commandline only isn't it? I was using Mercurial specifically because it's a GUI. Really shouldn't need to be limited to commandline only for something like this.

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Alice Cheshire posted:

gwennie-chan posted:

Yeah but Git's commandline only isn't it? I was using Mercurial specifically because it's a GUI. Really shouldn't need to be limited to commandline only for something like this.

What OS? Because the main Git package includes a GUI for Windows and you can get tons of various Git GUI packages on Linux. The main Git website also links to many different Git GUIs available.

last edited at Nov 22, 2017 7:27PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

gwennie-chan posted:

What OS? Because the main Git package includes a GUI for Windows and you can get tons of various Git GUI packages on Linux. The main Git website also links to many different Git GUIs available.

It's Windows. I'll give that a try then. Last I heard there was a GUI but it was a total mess.

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Alice Cheshire posted:
It's Windows. I'll give that a try then. Last I heard there was a GUI but it was a total mess.

I like TortoiseGit for Windows myself, although its context menu based interface is a bit unusual. However none of the GUIs I've tried really help out much if you try to do something Git doesn't want to do. Usually they'll just fail and relay the command line error message back at you, so you'll still have to figure out the underlying issues on your own.

last edited at Nov 23, 2017 10:37PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

cyricc posted:

I like TortoiseGit for Windows myself, although its context menu based interface is a bit unusual. However none of the GUIs I've tried really help out much if you try to do something Git doesn't want to do. Usually they'll just fail and relay the command line error message back at you, so you'll still have to figure out the underlying issues on your own.

Hopefully Git's app will prove at least more straight forward about resolving the issues. Having to completely recreate the repository, settings and all (as in deleting the repository then starting it over in Mercurial basically), when something like this happens as I was with Mercurial is just not conducive to being productive.

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Dynasty Tag Hider

This userscript allows you to hide tags that you choose, preventing them from being displayed on all chapter listings. Some tags can be rather spoilery in nature so this helps with avoiding that. Thanks to Bury's post for the idea. Currently only tags that appear on the Tags page can be hidden (i.e. not doujins or pairings). This functionality may be added in the future.

To clarify, this is not a tag blacklister. It only hides tags from being shown in the tag list of a chapter or series.

Installation

1. Install the Tampermonkey browser extension.
  2. Install the userscript.

Usage

After the userscript has been installed, tags can be hidden/unhidden from the Tags page, accessible via the site Directory. Hovering over a tag should now display a show/hide toggle.

Changelog

• 1.0: Initial release.

last edited at Dec 1, 2017 7:35AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

cyricc posted:

Dynasty Tag Hider

Added this to the op.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Hey cyricc, for some reason the mark read script doesn't seem to be updating properly for me right now. I subscribed to Catcher in the Rhyme (the series itself, not the first chapter to be clear) and it still doesn't show up properly on the front page or the recently added page.

(Tamamusi there to show that the script is still working in some cases.)

I don't seem to be getting any errors in the console either. Just checked my local storage and it is in fact set on the to read map too.

last edited at Dec 14, 2017 8:29PM

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Alice Cheshire posted:

Hey cyricc, for some reason the mark read script doesn't seem to be updating properly for me right now. I subscribed to Catcher in the Rhyme (the series itself, not the first chapter to be clear) and it still doesn't show up properly on the front page or the recently added page.

I don't seem to be getting any errors in the console either. Just checked my local storage and it is in fact set on the to read map too.

Based on what you're showing me here, this actually appears to be expected behavior, assuming you don't have a status set for the chapter itself. Subscribed and To Read status on groupings do not inherit to their chapters. To clarify, can you tell me exactly which statuses you have set/unset on the series and also the chapter in question?

If having subscribed/toread statuses inheritable would be beneficial to your... workflow (for lack of a better term), I could see about adding it in. It wouldn't be difficult or anything, the only reason it's not enabled is due to performance concerns since the way inheritance is handled can have a pretty high network cost for large lists (it makes an individual server request for every series it finds in the list).

last edited at Dec 15, 2017 12:17AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

cyricc posted:

Based on what you're showing me here, this actually appears to be expected behavior, assuming you don't have a status set for the chapter itself. Subscribed and To Read status on groupings do not inherit to their chapters. To clarify, can you tell me exactly which statuses you have set/unset on the series and also the chapter in question?

If having subscribed/toread statuses inheritable would be beneficial to your... workflow (for lack of a better term), I could see about adding it in. It wouldn't be difficult or anything, the only reason it's not enabled is due to performance concerns since the way inheritance is handled can have a pretty high network cost for large lists (it makes an individual server request for every series it finds in the list).

Oh, is it not supposed to work for the chapters in a series when you've subscribed to a series like that? I could have sworn it worked that way in the past but I must be mistaken then. It'd be nice to have as an option though, if possible.

Edit: Now that I'm thinking on it I may have confused a chapter that showed up in the random/featured slot with the chapters that show up on the main part of the page.

last edited at Dec 15, 2017 1:49AM

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Alice Cheshire posted:
Oh, is it not supposed to work for the chapters in a series when you've subscribed to a series like that? I could have sworn it worked that way in the past but I must be mistaken then. It'd be nice to have as an option though, if possible.

Edit: Now that I'm thinking on it I may have confused a chapter that showed up in the random/featured slot with the chapters that show up on the main part of the page.

I'm working on a sensible way to integrate some options into the site UI. At the moment the plan is to allow the user to toggle marking/inheritance as well as customize the marking color for built in site lists, potentially extending to user-defined lists in the future (the main issue with this would be defining some kind of priority order for chapters that belong to multiple lists, I'm also not sure how useful it would really be for custom lists). Might have something by the end of next week, depending on how much time I can escape from relatives :)

On a side note, anyone using an old version of Gallery Viewer without autoupdates (before v1.6) should update to the latest version! There have been a number of improvements, most significant being an integrated comment viewer as well as keyboard navigation.

last edited at Dec 17, 2017 7:19AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

cyricc posted:

(the main issue with this would be defining some kind of priority order for chapters that belong to multiple lists, I'm also not sure how useful it would really be for custom lists)

Could just do bottom to top from the list page by default, with higher lists being higher priority. The user being able to define priority themselves would be pretty convenient too though. For example I actually have two to-read lists, one for works that are already complete and another for ones that are still being translated. Being able to put those at the same spot in the priority list would be helpful. (If you can't tell I'm a big fan of letting the user customize things if they so desire, even though it tends to make things a lot more complicated, lol.)

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

It would be great if the "isread" script was working on the https://dynasty-scans.com/series and https://dynasty-scans.com/series?view=cover pages. Those are the ones I use to check what I've yet to read.

Also if there was a way to hide mangas by tags (or in my case, all doujinshis, since there are no doujinshi tag) from those lists that would be amazing !

Thanks for these great addons anyway. This website is everything I have always looked for. I wish I started using it sooner. ;)

last edited at Oct 13, 2018 8:07PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Idk when it happened. I only noticed it recently. Opening quote in new tab (I'm using middle mouse button to do it in firefox), has again (cos I think it happened before) a bug where instead of using username and link to post I quote, it link to previous person I quote instead. Quoting using the same tab doesn't have this issue.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nevri posted:

Idk when it happened. I only noticed it recently. Opening quote in new tab (I'm using middle mouse button to do it in firefox), has again (cos I think it happened before) a bug where instead of using username and link to post I quote, it link to previous person I quote instead. Quoting using the same tab doesn't have this issue.

I don't seem to be able to reproduce this on Firefox myself, though I'm aware it happens. Only thing I can really suggest is to use the "clear stored data" in the menu and then change your settings back to what they were. I've honestly got no idea what exactly causes the issue but it sporadically pops up for me as well and it never seems to be consistent.

I actually need to find the time and motivation to get back to this. There's a few things I want to implement that I've done from other projects. I made a script so you can scroll the mousewheel over pages in a chapter to change the page and for another project I made a superior magnifier, both of which i'd like to migrate over to this. Just need to find the time and energy to actually do so.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Alice Cheshire posted:

both of which i'd like to migrate over to this.

It would be cool to implement Dynasty Title Rethingifier into Thingifier as well.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nevri posted:

It would be cool to implement Dynasty Title Rethingifier into Thingifier as well.

Ah yeah, I haven't done that yet, have I? I use that script myself so I'd forgotten I hadn't done so yet, lol.

Also if anyone's interested in the mousewheel thing, he's the script code if you know how to create a script yourself. I'd upload it to Github or something but I'm a bit busy today.

// ==UserScript==    
// @name         Dynasty Mousewheel Page Control    
// @namespace    Alice    
// @version      0.1    
// @description  try to take over the world!    
// @author       Alice    
// @include      https://dynasty-scans.com/*    
// @grant        none    
// ==/UserScript==    
const left = document.querySelector(".left"), right = document.querySelector(".right");    

document.body.addEventListener("wheel", function(e) {    
    //console.log(e);    
    if (e.target.id === "image" || e.target.classList.contains("left") || e.target.classList.contains("right") || e.target.parentNode.id === "image") {    
        e.preventDefault();    
        if (e.deltaY < 0) {    
            left.click();    
        } else {    
            right.click();    
        }    
    }    
});    
joined Nov 21, 2018

Is there a Tag Black Lister ? or something like that .
I'm pretty sure there are some fam who don't want to see chapters/mangas with certain tags. I don't know much about scripting and extra Would somebody help on this case please ?

joined Jan 6, 2017

Is there a Tag Black Lister ? or something like that .
I'm pretty sure there are some fam who don't want to see chapters/mangas with certain tags. I don't know much about scripting and extra Would somebody help on this case please ?

You can blacklist tags from your profile (it only works on the home page though). You can't blacklist pairings, but everything else is fine I think.

joined Feb 21, 2019

not clearing the text field and the unread posts link not appearing on series and anthology pages) and it wouldn't let me push the changes to Github because of gwennie-chan's outstanding merge request which I hadn't accepted due to the fact it still has a kinda major bug related to the own posts link never showing up. And of course aft

Maidens%20of%20michael
joined Oct 2, 2014

Dynasty Gallery View

I always forgot that backspace key moves 1 image back instead of deleting part of your text you type and that basically delete all of comment content you've written but did not post yet ><
I don't know is it even possible to make options to disable backspace image movement while comments are open...

i.e. - do not push backspace key while you write a comment or it will disappear

last edited at Jul 22, 2019 11:34PM

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Dynasty Gallery View

I always forgot that backspace key moves 1 image back instead of deleting part of your text you type and that basically delete all of comment content you've written but did not post yet ><
I don't know is it even possible to make options to disable backspace image movement while comments are open...

i.e. - do not push backspace key while you write a comment or it will disappear

Oops, didn't realize there had been activity in this thread... I don't know of any issue with the backspace key since the script does not use that, but I do see the problem you're describing when using the left/right arrow keys in the comment box if that's what you meant. The script has been updated with a fix (ver 2.0.4).

If you actually did mean the backspace key and the issue still persists, would you mind letting me know what browser/OS you're using?

Maidens%20of%20michael
joined Oct 2, 2014

Ye, I talked about backspace, and now all good since I've just got fresh script, thank you ^-^

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Hi all, dropping by with another small userscript:

Dynasty Loading Progress

Adds a progress bar to the Loading indicator in the reader. Nice to have when the site or your ISP is experiencing slowness.

Install

Requires Tampermonkey or other userscript browser extension installed, etc etc.

To reply you must either login or sign up.