Forum › She's the Dazzling Gold Color discussion

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Such a good read, as expected of an official Touhou mangaka .The story had so many themes woven together involving the numerous characters but at the same time keeping it light and simple enough to digest. The art is wonderful too, reminds me of that one YukaRei doujin where Reimu could only see purple. Always a treat to see artists implement creative use of colors into the story.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Full ack!

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

I can smell Yuri Crush in the air. MariAli, does anyone feel the same?

__kawasumi_mai_and_kurata_sayuri_kanon_drawn_by_hiro_dismaless__af8fff43e603564f6b7349639e863a67
Fellowship of Freelancers
joined Oct 11, 2010

^ Maybe ReiMari too — I got the impression Marisa's reluctance in going youkai was more about not wanting to disappoint Reimu than fear of being killed.

RumpledForeSkiin
joined Jun 27, 2016

Who knew just accentuating the gold colour could make the artwork so warm and beautiful.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

... Well, that was an unexpected turn from light-hearted to serious drama.

BTW, how do you distinguish between "official manga" and "unofficial doujinshi" when it comes to Touhou?

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

... Well, that was an unexpected turn from light-hearted to serious drama.

BTW, how do you distinguish between "official manga" and "unofficial doujinshi" when it comes to Touhou?

Everything is unofficial doujinshi except the ones whose author is ZUN.

last edited at Jan 30, 2018 2:58PM

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Minimalist colouring is such a great artistic choice, especially for characters who 'pop' like Marisa. Azuma's got a knack for condensing the sweetness and bitterness of Touhou's brilliant world into bite-sized chunks, and this story was particularly delicious. Marisa going from a rambunctious little explorer to a well-known witch grappling with her mortality is excellently portrayed, and the question of her future continues to be fascinating, both within this story and in the greater universe of Touhou in general.

joined Aug 28, 2023

Got into shipping ReiMari after reading WaHH. This artist still has quite the knack for it even if it was just a few pages here

To reply you must either login or sign up.