Forum › Online Reader Suggestions for Improvement

Casusby Admin
__mioda_ibuki_danganronpa_and_super_danganronpa_2_drawn_by_qosic__sample
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

No. The question was extremely stupid. It doesn't deserve a civil response.

joined Jul 3, 2011

So, I'm allowed to insult people for no reason as well?

Just let it go.

joined Jan 30, 2013

Yeah, that was kinda the point. Fine, you don't want to upload this or that series, but at least stay civil. That can't be too much to ask.

last edited at Mar 2, 2013 9:21PM

Seohyuncropped
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Yeah, that was kinda the point. Fine, you don't want to upload this or that series, but at least stay civil. That can't be too much to ask.

He's just an uncivil person when it comes to stupidity. That's just part of Casusby.
Could he have been more polite? Yes. Should he have been more polite? Depends - what level of politeness is expected in this community? Not very much, beyond unspoken rules regarding 'no personal attacks', 'no threats', etc.

Telling someone to 'fuck off' is crude only because he used that word, but the message itself (no/go away) is in no way rude, unlike if I told someone to stick their unmentionables in a grinder and feed the results to their mother.

There's being polite (which we aren't really well known for anyway), civil (with or without a veneer of sarcasm), crude (where many of us are), and disruptively rude (f*** you c***sucker I hope you die in [insert horrible crudity] etc etc).

So what is expected from this community? Well, anything at crude or above. It's a site with a lot of very crude and rude images, so expecting anything better is a bit much.

Should the staff be held to a higher standard? Not really... like I said earlier, we're just volunteers, you guys aren't customers... yadda yadda.

Casusby Admin
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

It is too much to ask, that was my point. I don't have to be civil, and I don't want to. Not when they're asking us to upload something that hasn't been released beyond what we have in a proper form. Tell using to "please do your job" when it's impossible is idiotic and somewhat demeaning.

last edited at Mar 2, 2013 9:41PM

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

in a proper form

That being the key phrase. There's been about three more chapters of it out, but two were released directly to mangafox, meaning it's complete garbage. While we have some questionable quality releases on the reader already, we're not going mangafox low.

joined Jan 30, 2013

It is too much to ask, that was my point. I don't have to be civil, and I don't want to. Not when they're asking us to upload something that hasn't been released beyond what we have in a proper form. Tell using to "please do your job" when it's impossible is idiotic and somewhat demeaning.

Wait, are you referring to me or to him/her?
Anyway, politeness is nevera bad thing. If you think that (s)he's stupid then you don't have to lower yourself as well. Don't just insult people

Should the staff be held to a higher standard? Not really... like I said earlier, we're just volunteers, you guys aren't customers... yadda yadda.

I want higher standards for everyone. There is no reason to not aim for higher standards, right?

last edited at Mar 2, 2013 9:58PM

Seohyuncropped
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Wait, are you referring to me or to him/her?
Anyway, politeness is nevera bad thing. If you think that (s)he's stupid then you don't have to lower yourself as well. Don't just insult people.

He's referring to the original requester for Love DNA XX, but is explaining why he said what he said.

And you're missing the point - we don't care about being polite.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

we don't care about being polite.

Hey, I sorta do! Cas just cares a lot less. Mich sorta does since he stopped himself from rage-posting.
And Seravi's a robot, never forget.

last edited at Mar 2, 2013 9:57PM

joined Jan 30, 2013

Yeah, I noticed. Actually, it would be hard to miss.
But why would you want to be deliberately rude?

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

So they go away? That was kinda my aim.

Seohyuncropped
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

It's not that we deliberately want to be rude... we just don't care about being polite, there's a difference. Or, in Casusby's case... he just hates stupid people.

I want higher standards for everyone. There is no reason to not aim for higher standards, right?

I don't care to improve my golfing game because I don't care about my golfing handicap.

Hey, I sorta do! Cas just cares a lot less. Mich sorta does since he stopped himself from rage-posting.

To-may-to to-mah-to... :P

last edited at Mar 2, 2013 10:06PM

joined Jan 30, 2013

Or you make them realize that they can't demand uploads/scanlations and let them stay?

last edited at Mar 2, 2013 10:07PM

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

we don't care about being polite.

All I did was change my comment from downright offensive to extremely snarky.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

All I did was change my comment from downright offensive to extremely snarky.

Dreamhost probably shivered at that remark.

Seohyuncropped
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Or you make them realize that they can't demand uploads/scanlations and let them stay?

We don't ban them. They're free to stay. How Casusby wishes to inform them of this is up to him, it's not like we have shareholders we're beholden to, who demand customer loyalty or anything. Which is what I've been saying all along - don't expect us to act like representatives from some hoity toity company because that's not our 'culture', and we have absolutely no reason to change anything because nobody gives a damn.

joined Jan 30, 2013

It's not that we deliberately want to be rude... we just don't care about being polite, there's a difference.

Okay, them why wouldn't you want to be polite?

I don't care to improve my golfing game because I don't care about my golfing handicap.

I'm not sure if I got the metaphor, but what hinders you to be polite?

We don't ban them. They're free to stay. How Casusby wishes to inform them of this is up to him, it's not like we have shareholders we're beholden to, who demand customer loyalty or anything. Which is what I've been saying all along - don't expect us to act like representatives from some hoity toity company because that's not our 'culture', and we have absolutely no reason to change anything because nobody gives a damn.

I obviously care.
And this is more about interpersonal relationships, specifically mutual respect.
Pretty basic stuff.

last edited at Mar 2, 2013 10:19PM

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Why should we care over the internet to people we have no obligation to when the first words we see out of their keyboard is a vaguely disguised demand rather than a proper request of some sort?
Chances are high that he/she does not have English as a fluent language, but that doesn't stop them from phrasing it differently.

Seohyuncropped
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

It's not that we deliberately want to be rude... we just don't care about being polite, there's a difference.

Okay, them why wouldn't you want to be polite?

I'm not sure if I got the metaphor, but what hinders you to be polite?

We. Don't. Care.

That's it. You don't care to improve your skills in Esperanto because you find no value in it, I don't care to improve my lacklustre skills in Korean or Japanese because I'm a lazy fuck, and none of us could care to be more polite in how we speak to dumbasses because we don't think they deserve the effort.

joined Jan 30, 2013

Why should we care over the internet to people we have no obligation to when the first words we see out of their keyboard is a vaguely disguised demand rather than a proper request of some sort?
Chances are high that he/she does not have English as a fluent language, but that doesn't stop them from phrasing it differently.

The internet is just a medium.
The person asking the upload phrased it as a request (Note the "please").

none of us could care to be more polite in how we speak to dumbasses because we don't think they deserve the effort.

Being rude doesn't improve the situation, not does make the dumbass less "dumbassery".

last edited at Mar 2, 2013 10:29PM

Seohyuncropped
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Please fuck off.

(I'm sorry, it had to be done ahahahahahahahahahaaha)

To paraphrase Flemming Rose, if a person demands that I "observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission.”

Being rude doesn't improve the situation, not does make the dumbass less "dumbassery".

So? It's cathartic. I think that's an improvement.

last edited at Mar 2, 2013 10:31PM

joined Jan 30, 2013

it's not my taboo, really. Respect and politeness are concepts of pretty much every society.
And if you're offensive, at least be funny. You're not.

It's only an improvement for you, because you're making it easy for yourself. That's kinda egoistic.

last edited at Mar 2, 2013 10:36PM

Seohyuncropped
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

it's not my taboo, really. Respect and politeness are concepts of pretty much every society.
And if you're offensive, at least be funny. You're neither.

You don't get the point, do you? In this domain, it doesn't matter because we don't care. It's what I've been saying from the start, and it's rather mindboggling why your mind can't grasp this concept. It probably also explains why our senses of humour are different.

Well it's good to know I'm not offensive then, seeing as I'm neither! :V

last edited at Mar 2, 2013 10:35PM

joined Jan 30, 2013

edited.
I get it (you said that often enough) and I want to change it.

Seohyuncropped
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Do some scanlation work for us then! cracks whip Maybe then, as a member... you will be able to change us from within. :V

(I doubt it, they're grown men... sigh)

To reply you must either login or sign up.