Forum › The Warmth in the Middle of the Night discussion

lord-of-roses
Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

"Just as planned" - Yukari, probably

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Hm, this definitely had a melancholic and bittersweet feeling.

On the other hand, going by the author's note, maybe we can expect a more flirty (and lewd) Yukari x Reimu work from them next time?

joined Jan 14, 2017

This was really bittersweet, it makes me feel empty. Still I like it.

Homura E.N.D
Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

On the other hand, going by the author's note, maybe we can expect a more flirty (and lewd) Yukari x Reimu work from them next time?

I would appreciate it.

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

I prefer more out and out romance. And a sense that something was accomplished, that the characters developed somehow. Still cute, though. Second favorite ship for Reimu behind Marisa.

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

That was beautiful ;u; ^ My favorite ship for Reimu and favorite ship in Touhou.

joined Oct 9, 2011

I think there's a bittersweet atmosphere cause, Yukari's going to live longer then Reimu, also why she''s not being to rough with Reimu.

Clover0Project
Xxx
joined Nov 25, 2016

Beautiful, bittersweet, beautiful art...favorite!

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

It's interesting to see this at this point in time, when Yukari has been specially antagonistic.

last edited at Jul 9, 2017 2:01PM

Maxresdefault%20(1)
joined Jul 27, 2018

I wish there was more like this

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Loved this doujin. Kayako's so good at expressing affection that doesn't rely on words, and even though body language is hardly the most eloquent of mediums, that ambiguity is what makes these interactions so fascinating to watch. What's Yukari's angle here? Is she afraid of losing Reimu to some strange attacker and wants to check on her at night? Is she simply expressing her true feelings, far away from prying eyes and daylight? Is this all part of some elaborate game to get Reimu's attention and keep her from getting infatuated with anyone else? Is Yukari really Maribel, and using Reimu as a stand-in for Renko? Or is she expressing her trust for Reimu by sleeping next to her, when she ordinarily does so completely in secret, in a place nobody in Gensokyo knows to locate? It could be none of these things, and yet all of them at once, and the capacity of this story to make you think and feel in tandem is what makes it so endlessly intriguing, much like the Gap Youkai herself.

Nekona Shirofumi
joined Mar 30, 2021

^ ^

To reply you must either login or sign up.