Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Old Fart

Heh. Its weird, but I am more into Superheroes now at my age than I was as a kid.

It's the same for me, I guess.
Of course I saw the occasional superhero cartoon on tv when I was a kid. But I never really cared much about it. And I never read any of the comic books either. But nowadays I do enjoy watching a superhero movie every once in a while. I'm still not hyped and I, by far, haven't seen them all but I can appreciate them.
However, since I don't really know any of the source material, I'm not really qualified to actually judge the quality of each adaption.

@ CCL

But Deadpool though.

Have to admit that I never watched that one...
... maybe I should...

You probably shouldn't

But now I did ( ⚆ _ ⚆ )
(´⊙ω⊙`)ᵒᵐᵍᵎᵎᵎ

;)

@ ZuljinRaynor

I think Dark Knight is a good movie, but the only thing worthwhile from it is Heath Ledger's performance. Throwing in Two-Face into that movie really drags it down as that whole part feels rushed and tacked on and not as cohesive as the rest of the film was.

Not just Heath Ledger but Christian Bale as well. I really liked him as Batman.
As a movie fan, The Dark Knight came pretty close to perfection for me. Feeling wise. (For me it's all about the feels ^^)
To me that one wasn't just a good superhero flick, I think even across genres it is a really great movie. One that I would recommend even to people who usually don't like comic book adaptions...
It felt real to me. Not too fantasy-like. The character development was satisfying. The acting was great and I just loved the overall darkness of it. That's just my personal opinion of course, but it's one of those rare movies that I still like to re-watch every now and then.
Maybe the Two-Face part was a little rushed but to me the whole thing still felt well balanced overall. (Again, I don't know the comic books, so I can't really tell whether or not it did the characters justice)

Winter Solider is way better than The First Avenger. Like, I didn't like the First Avenger the first time I saw it all that much. Now I like it more, but Winter Solider is a better film. It's more of a Bourne style movie than a superhero movie though.

I guess that means that Winter Soldier is the next one on my list then ;)

last edited at Jun 19, 2017 5:42PM

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Winter Solider is way better than The First Avenger. Like, I didn't like the First Avenger the first time I saw it all that much. Now I like it more, but Winter Solider is a better film. It's more of a Bourne style movie than a superhero movie though.

I guess that means that Winter Soldier is the next one on my list then ;)

Be sure to watch Civil War afterwords, It's much better then the first two CA films combined.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

@ CCL

But Deadpool though.

Have to admit that I never watched that one...
... maybe I should...

You probably shouldn't

But now I did ( ⚆ _ ⚆ )
(´⊙ω⊙`)ᵒᵐᵍᵎᵎᵎ

;)

;~;

joined Jun 11, 2016

You probably shouldn't

But now I did ( ⚆ _ ⚆ )
(´⊙ω⊙`)ᵒᵐᵍᵎᵎᵎ

;)

;~;

Curiosity may have killed the cat, but satisfaction revives it! Ha ha!

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Overall I find it pretty hard to compare Wynnona Earp with Orphan Black. Two completely different shows. But entertainment wise, yes, the season opener of Earp beat Orphan Black in my opinion. On a fun-to-watch scale ;)

That's true. And Orphan Black really always picks up towards the end of the season, when it starts revealing stuff it has built up to before.

That's what I loved so much about season 2 – that ending was awesome. It wrapped all the drama up nicely and still managed to make you look forward to the next season. Perfect!

Season 2 was the one with the car and Tastee's fake mum, right? Definitely the strongest season ending of the show yet.

So... say! Who was your favorite riot gang? ;)

Mh, gangwise definitely Tastee and co. but my favorite characters this season were Flaritza, with Alison, Cindy and Gloria afterwards.

Wentworth

Haha, yeah, that was pretty disappointing, though very much in character for Vera. And I think this season is gonna be the last one for the Freak as a major role, either she dies or she escapes instead of Franky and Allie. And if she does die, I think Jake may be the one to kill her.

Deadpool

Really glad you liked it. I'm not into too many supehero movies myself (like, most of them are somewhat fun to watch once but ultimately pretty forgettable) cause they're all pretty much the same, but I am a pretty big Deadpool fan since I've read the comics and am glad that he got the movie the character deserved.

Speaking of MCU movies, my favorite movie from them is still the first Iron Man.

And speaking of The Dark Knight, I agree that TwoFace was a bit unnecessary but Heath Ledge definitely wasn't the only noteworthy part of the movie. He definitely was a rally big part of why the movie was as good as it was, but Nolan and Bale did their thing as well.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

You probably shouldn't

But now I did ( ⚆ _ ⚆ )
(´⊙ω⊙`)ᵒᵐᵍᵎᵎᵎ

;)

;~;

Yeah sure but that revived cat won't ever be the same ever again

joined Jun 11, 2016

You probably shouldn't

But now I did ( ⚆ _ ⚆ )
(´⊙ω⊙`)ᵒᵐᵍᵎᵎᵎ

;)

;~;

Yeah, the cat is now better then before :)

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

You probably shouldn't

But now I did ( ⚆ _ ⚆ )
(´⊙ω⊙`)ᵒᵐᵍᵎᵎᵎ

;)

;~;

Not necessarily :) sometimes cat loses something very important.....

joined Jun 11, 2016

Duh, Anon is a Zombie, she's already lost a lot of her organs. What else could she possibly loose from watching a simple R rated Marvel movie?

last edited at Jun 19, 2017 10:50PM

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Duh, Anon is a Zombie, she's already lost a lot of her organs. What else could she possibly loose from watching a simple R rated Marvel movie?

Wait wasn't Anon zombie since time immemorial?

joined Jun 11, 2016

^ I dunno ¯_(ツ)_/¯

last edited at Jun 20, 2017 12:25AM

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

^ so no one remembers that. No wonder why we have shitty zombie movies and games nowadays.

joined Jun 11, 2016

The best Zombie movie I've ever seen is Zombieland.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Shaun of the Dead though.

joined Jun 11, 2016

Jesse Eisenberg's and Woody Harrelson's performances though.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright though.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright though.

+1

And Nick Frost.

last edited at Jun 20, 2017 2:11AM

joined Jun 22, 2016

^ so no one remembers that. No wonder why we have shitty zombie movies and games nowadays.

Stubbs the Zombie though

(¬º-°)¬

last edited at Jun 20, 2017 6:26AM

joined Jun 22, 2016

Duh, Anon is a Zombie, she's already lost a lot of her organs.

That's true. Most of my intestines, my common sense along with my common decency, an ear or two (can't really see), definitely a hand, my prostate - oh, no wait, that one was never mine to begin with - and my vision has blurred over time as well...
But for me it's just all about satisfaction now. Looks don't matter much anymore. Hedonism rulez! ٩(♡ε♡ )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIb6AZdTr-A
♪(┌・。・)┌

What else could she possibly loose from watching a simple R rated Marvel movie?

… my innocent little zombie heart.... maybe... it could be tainted... but you probably wouldn't be able to see it underneath all of that rotting flesh anyway, so... who cares! ^^
(;°ρ°)

Wait wasn't Anon zombie since time immemorial?

My name is madness and I am older than time itself!
~~・-v(▼、▼メ)

@ CCL

;~;

(╯•﹏•╰)

… ooohhh.... come here! (っ๑•́ ₃ •̀๑ )っ

( ╹◡╹)づ( ;~; )
All's good now!

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

My name is madness and I am older than time itself!
~~・-v(▼、▼メ)

Aww Anon is trying her best to look bad and all. Lol that's adorable :)

joined Jun 11, 2016

Duh, Anon is a Zombie, she's already lost a lot of her organs.

That's true. Most of my intestines, my common sense along with my common decency, an ear or two (can't really see), definitely a hand, my prostate - oh, no wait, that one was never mine to begin with - and my vision has blurred over time as well...
But for me it's just all about satisfaction now. Looks don't matter much anymore. Hedonism rulez! ٩(♡ε♡ )

Look's never mattered in the first place, So no worries ^^

What else could she possibly loose from watching a simple R rated Marvel movie?

… my innocent little zombie heart.... maybe... it could be tainted... but you probably wouldn't be able to see it underneath all of that rotting flesh anyway, so... who cares! ^^
(;°ρ°)

That zombie heart was never "innocent" in the first place (¬ ͜ʖ¬)
I've seen you flirt with other members like none and Neko chan, but mostly none.
Why are you so lewd I wonder? The world may never know!

joined Jun 22, 2016

Aww Anon is trying her best to look bad and all. Lol that's adorable :)

I know, right? (。◕‿◕。)

Look's never mattered in the first place, So no worries ^^

So so true

That zombie heart was never "innocent" in the first place (¬ ͜ʖ¬)

(✿☉。☉) Damn, busted!

I've seen you flirt with other members like none and Neko chan, but mostly none.

Hey! Neko chan is family! There was never any flirting involved! (♡´౪`♡)
And awwww.... none... It's been a while...
The moment I started talking about masturbation she ran out of here as fast as she could and never came back... no fun at all... (๑•́ ₃ •̀๑)

(^∇^)

… must be genes, I guess... Perverted little undead genes... I'm a really kinky zombie, you know (┌゚д゚)┌

;)

joined Jun 11, 2016

Hey! Neko chan is family! There was never any flirting involved! (♡´౪`♡)
And awwww.... none... It's been a while...
The moment I started talking about masturbation she ran out of here as fast as she could and never came back... no fun at all... (๑•́ ₃ •̀๑)

I never left tho, I stayed the whole time :))))))

… must be genes, I guess... Perverted little undead genes... I'm a really kinky zombie, you know (┌゚д゚)┌

But the question is, where the gene's perverted the whole time or where they corrupted long ago? ;)

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ SF

I never left tho, I stayed the whole time :))))))

Yes, you stayed by my side! You're one of the good guys! (^_-)b

Maybe the two of us should become the advocates of auto-eroticism:
Mr. and Mrs. Masturbator ¡¡¡( •̀ ᴗ •́ )و!!!

We'll tell the kids of this world that it's okay to touch yourself and not feel ashamed about it! It's healthy and it makes you independent. And when you and your girlfriend fight and she tells you „no sex today“ then you can tell her „Who gives a fuck!?! I can take care of my own needs!“
Wouldn't that be great? (ʃƪˆ▿ˆ)
Fighting for a better tomorrow, together!
(◦’ںˉ◦)v

(… I have a slight feeling that pretty soon no one in here will want to talk to us anymore...) (ಠ.ಠ)

But the question is, where the gene's perverted the whole time or where they corrupted long ago? ;)

Good question indeed...
Knowing my parents... the corruption probably took place a long time ago! (^∇^)

@ everyone

In the mood for some traveling?
Then here's the perfect guide for you!
The gay travel index:
http://www.spartacusworld.com/gaytravelindex.pdf

Go and find out where the chances of getting bashed are the lowest! d (^‿^✿)

… actually kinda depressing that we still need something like that nowadays... (✿˵•́ ‸ •̀˵)

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Poland was higher on the list than I expected.

To reply you must either login or sign up.